IGNORED

Review - Canterbury Tales Cafe

Buttman Returns

... Last minute i know but if you could please check availability from 24 Nov to 21 Dec ... I don't mind if there is a gap or if i have to change rooms sometime ... :001_Thank_You5:

Its been confirmed Jimmy will be at Canterbury Tales Cafe & Bookshop on the 20th, His Autobiography is on sale now and will be on the day.

WOW Dave, what a scoop! How did you manage that?

I hope he's a really nice guy. I played a frame with Ray Reardon at Butlins when I was ten years old; my claim to fame. He completely humiliated me. What a c*nt!

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

... Last minute i know but if you could please check availability from 24 Nov to 21 Dec ... I don't mind if there is a gap or if i have to change rooms sometime ... :001_Thank_You5:

PM sent.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

WOW Dave, what a scoop! How did you manage that?

I hope he's a really nice guy. I played a frame with Ray Reardon at Butlins when I was ten years old; my claim to fame. He completely humiliated me. What a c*nt!

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Yes, well as they say its not what you know, anyway I am looking forward to it as you can imagine, I also played Ray Rearden at Butlins Clacton yrs ago but nothing serious.

Cheers Dave

Hi Dave, i have got 2 mates coming for 10 days on 08 Jan. don't want them staying with me cos of my kids. do you have any rooms available & how much ! cheers mate

Hey JOE

Dont have much, I will PM you details.

Cheers Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dave:

I've been reading the positive reviews of your guesthouse. I'd like to book 1 of your rooms from April 7 to May 7, 2011. I already have my airline reservations & my 1st month booked at the Queen Vic (soi 6), arriving in town March 8. I'm interested in the availability of the following rooms: 4A, 8A, 10A, & 8B. As soon as I hear from you, I will make my selection & forward you the deposit by Paypal. If you prefer, you can PM me. Thanks.

Hello Dave:

I've been reading the positive reviews of your guesthouse. I'd like to book 1 of your rooms from April 7 to May 7, 2011. I already have my airline reservations & my 1st month booked at the Queen Vic (soi 6), arriving in town March 8. I'm interested in the availability of the following rooms: 4A, 8A, 10A, & 8B. As soon as I hear from you, I will make my selection & forward you the deposit by Paypal. If you prefer, you can PM me. Thanks.

PM sent.

PM sent.

Appreciate your incredibly speedy PM. Sent my deposit for room 8A. Actually it's my 2nd visit to Pattaya. Stayed at the Queen Vic for 1 month in May this year. Hope this is the start of a great relationship as I'll be looking for accommodation 6 months a year now that I'm retired. Plan to come & go every 3 months. Like the photos of your large bed, sofa & recliner. Have a great holiday season.

Ahah....That explains the Paypal deposit that just came through, gratefully received and the room is now reserved for you for your dates.

Please reconfirm a week or so before with arrival time.

All the best Dave

A chance to win a ticket to the VIP evening at Hot Shots with Jimmy on 20th or 21st December, we have Raffle tickets for 200 baht each and Jimmy himself will draw the winner when he is here at Canterbury Tales Cafe & Bookshop.

The VIP evening includes a meal, VIP seating, top quality pool Cue signed by Jimmy, a game with him videoed and free VCD of the game, signed photos together with him and a chat etc, prize worth 7,500 baht, tickets on sale at the Bookshop.

Jimmy ticket poster 2 copy.jpg

Tickets selling well.

Appreciate your incredibly speedy PM. Sent my deposit for room 8A. Actually it's my 2nd visit to Pattaya. Stayed at the Queen Vic for 1 month in May this year. Hope this is the start of a great relationship as I'll be looking for accommodation 6 months a year now that I'm retired. Plan to come & go every 3 months. Like the photos of your large bed, sofa & recliner. Have a great holiday season.

Look forward to meeting you and a good natter when you arrive.

All the best Dave

Look forward to meeting you and a good natter when you arrive.

All the best Dave

Thanks. I'll drop by & introduce myself before mid-March. I want to buy 2-3 books that I've seen advertised from your bookstore just in case I wake up earlier than my GF or BF. The books I'm interested in all pertain to Thailand. Maybe it's even good if my GF sees me reading: "Money number 1"? I'm looking forward to my return to the Queen VIc on Soi 6 for the 1st month, and my exploration of the Soi Chaiyapoon -LK Metro area while at CT for my 2nd month, Thanks again for your warm welcome.

CLARIFICATION, Dave to the reply I posted a few minutes ago. BF doesn't mean "boyfriend" but rather "bar fine". Looking at my message I realized the potential ambiguity. Don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

So the relationship is off then, why oh why......... :GoldenSmile1:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YYqYEBTj5eo" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Only 2 days to go and Jimmy will be here for the book signing, I was asked to mention that as the 2 nights have been sold out at the Hot Shots pool hall they are adding another night there, its a lesser affair but a chance to meet Jimmy and play pool with him, if you would like a ticket pop into the Pig & Whistle for all details and tickets.

Well good old English weather held Jimmy up and unfortunately he has had to re schedule for March but he has promised to be here and all the people looking forward to it, well better late than never.

I did have the pleasure of an evening with Ken Doherty at the Sportsman in soi 13 who put on a great evening, I played Ken at pool and he easily thrashed me and most others, Ken was 1997 World Champion from Dublin and a great guy.

I managed to print off some photos of Ken in action and got him to sign them, I have promised one to Jesters care for kids, so they can Auction it off for as well as one to Murpheys law charity event.

Well into high season now and rooms all full, have a few gaps in January and so on.

Have a Happy Christmas and look forward to the new year in Pattaya, Cheers Dave

I would just like to add this info on behalf of the Rotary Club who have been running this charity effort on behalf of a little known Orphanage in Chaing Rai, many Pattaya and surrounding charity/children's home get plenty of coverage but this one goes about it's work quietly.

For a year now we, Canterbury Tales have sponsored one of the children, only 1000 baht per month goes a long way there because they make their own huts grow their own food etc etc, they also teach the children which otherwise could not gain an education all done voluntary.

It was great to receive a Christmas card from the child we sponsor this year so aim to receive your for next year and do something good.Chaing Rai kids 2 copy.jpg

Room 4C available from 9th Jan 2011

Room 3 (33a3) copy copy.jpgRoom 3 (111) copy.jpgRoom 3 (222).jpg

3B available from 10th Jan 2011, small room 1st floor, but ample and quiet as at the back of the building, includes Free wifi, in room safe, TV, DVD player, large bed, table and chairs, A/C large fridge, en-suite.

see website for details, 400baht per night, 6,500 per month + electric.

Thanks Dave for your hospitality, had a great stay at your place :001_Thank_You5: gotta say you do a quality breakfast at a good price too. Anyway Dave stay safe and might see you in June :Chokdee: also your boys had a great result on Sat. Up the shammers :Grin3:

Regards

Mark

Edited by dream1302

Hey Mark

Good to see you got home safe and sound, good to meet you mate, yes maybe seeing the Hammers dropping out, we will see, probably as much chance as the Arse winning something this season.

Good luck mate.

All the best Dave

The Government have issued a warning due to the weather.

They suggest that anyone travelling should make sure to have the following:

Shovel

Blankets or sleeping bag

Extra clothing including hat and gloves

24 hours of food

De-Icer

Rock Salt

Tyre Chains

Torch or lantern with spare batteries

Road Flares or Reflective Triangles

Empty Gas Can

First Aid Kit

Jump Leads

I really felt a prat on the motorbike this morning, forgot I was in Pattaya!

are there any other similar guesthouse that got 2 bedrooms in a room like canterbury? just want to compare them. My friend might come with me and I don't want to hear everything going on in his room.

I will be coming to pattaya in late February, canterbury sounds like a nice place to stay. However,

no security cameras in all areas, no reception to check girls ID, so you are on your own then, if something happens there is no recorded camera footage, if you get into an argument with a girl or thefts etc...you are on your own I guess. before I always stayed in hotel so I didn't have to worry about all these....

I might have a friend to come with me, and how far apart are the bedrooms in one of those room that got 2 bedrooms? can you hear everything going on very clearly? that would be troubslesome... are there any other guesthouse/apt that have 2 bedrooms in one unit similar to centerbury? just for comparison purposes.

no phone? no alarm clock thsoe are down sides, but room looks to be pretty big, it's in a good location, good price and good bfast I heard! might check it out after you guys help

Edited by ironfist