Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review - Canterbury Tales Cafe

Buttman Returns

See you in September Dougie.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics of the newly renovated rooms now on the website.

Cheers Dave

Did my bit for the addicts website today, was invited onto 96.0 FM, http://www.pattayapeopleradio.com to chat about my business and mentioned to the listeners about Addicts forum & how helpful it is.

Tomorrow they are recording some stuff with me and Stephen Leather (Author of Private Dancer) which will go out not sure when & I will try to give the forum another plug if allowed.

P5010246.jpg

I little story about Canteburry Tales.

I used to stay in an apartment on third road, nice little place but no Internet. So I used to take my lap top down down to Crazy Daves, buy a breakfast and poach an open WiFi signal. If I finished my breakfast and was still online, I'd order the second cup of coffee, always making sure I was a paying customer while sititng there. My lap top battery only lasted about 10 minutes, so I would plug into the socket to continue surfing. I always left a 20 baht tip and all seemed well. Until... One day I'm there surfing away when the little waitress comes up to me, stomps her foot and demands "You pay me electric!" Thought she was joking, so I laughed, but she reiterates: "No joke, pay me electric!" I just check binned and left, minus the tip.

My lap top consumes one unit of electric every 10 hours, so I was hardly "ripping them off."

Anyway, I strolled up the street to CT, ordered a large beer (stressed out, 555!) and surfed away. Dave said hello so I introduced myself and explained about my bad battery. He was very gracious about me using a bit of electricity and thats the day I became his customer :Grin_Jump1:

PS-CT staff never stomped their feet or were rude to me either :GoldenSmile1: x2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Howdy y'all

Stayed at CT for the last month and it was the most enjoyable hotel stay I have ever had. Props to the family Daveo, great service and great smiles. Even you. Kick arse prices as well.

Also you did a really good job on the radio today even though the DJ put you on the spot and asked about Elton Johns real name. Thinking about coming back in Sept. And hopefully I'll be dstaying with you again.

Thanks for a great month with you and your weird mates.

David

Daddy wants to pound the brown!!

is there a pool near by what can be used ?

Man...places sexual intercourse far & away above all other joys...he will risk life, reputation, everything...to make good that opportunity and ride it to the overwhelming climax." - Mark Twain

Hey Dave, so you heard my Radio bit, well a telly bit tomorrow, ha ha, anyway I will say hi to my wierd mates and it was good meeting you mate and look forward to next time.

Bring the hat with you its quite famous now.

Pics below are of room 6B another of our newly renovated rooms, this room is similar to 8B with a seperate bedroom & lounge, but 8B's bedroom is a bit bigger.

This room is available from 25th June

6B_AA.jpg

6B_AAA.jpg

6B_A.jpg

6B_AAAAA.jpg

Edited by Daveo

is there a pool near by what can be used ?

Yes the Metrapole hotel just round the corner in Soi Diana for 100 baht all day including the pool, fitness room, steam room, showers etc, and free coffee/tea.

Sorry no rooms at the moment...

Just got back from a week's stay at The Canterbury Tales. Absolute value for money. Dave and his lady are great hosts. The fish and chips are by far the very best in Pattaya.

Loved my stay Dave!

Thaks very much for your hospitality!

Regarding comments about the low numbers of guys here at the moment, 2 things have happened I have noticed, as the Baht is still around the 50 to the GBP guys are shopping around for rooms, food, drink and girls.

Instead of paying high hotel prices they are using good quality smaller hotels & Guesthouses, needless to say we are full, also eating at the cheaper places, instead of the overpriced places where your paying extra for the decor.

Going to the areas like the new Plaza where bottled beers are around the 40/50 baht range and taking a lot of the freelance girls that wander around the bars and Beach road.

The other thing is and this is from emails and guys who are booked in here over the November, December & January period, these are guys with a few quid stashed away that are so pissed off with the doom & gloom in the Uk, they are taking advantage of the cheap flights and the fact that its cheaper to live out here than the UK and coming out now and soon, I have had 3 such bookings in the last 2 weeks.

Of course there is the added advantage of the great climate and Lovely ladies that you dont get back there, and I hear the BBC is slagging off the average guy who comes out here for a good time, do we care, I dont think so......

Pics below of Room 8B...............This is one of our recently renovated rooms with big bedroom and seperate lounge, 2 wardrobes, has all the normal facilities, free wifi, in room safe, TV DVD player, balcony.

This room is available from 22nd June.

8B_A.JPG

8B_AA.jpg

8B_AAAA_.jpg

8B_AAA_.jpg

6B_A.jpg

Edited by Daveo

Room 8A, all details on the website.

Available from 5th July.

Room_8_A.JPG

Room_8_A__1_.JPG

Room_8_A__2_.JPG

Room_8_A__3_.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Full at the moment but have a few vacancies through July and Nit noy in June, odd days here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

Room updates Availability.

3B available from 1st December.........8B available from 21st June

4A available from 20th July.........7A available end of June............8A available from 5th July............10A available from 24th July.

Any enquiries/availability regards any of the other rooms please contact me.

Edited by Daveo

Still one of my favorite hangouts in the morning to mid-day before heading out!!

Hi!

This place looks really nice and the reviews as well!

Would you recommend CT as a good place to stay for newbies to patt ? Or should I better take a regular hotel?

I heard some hotels are checking ID of guests for safety reasons and to avoid scams. How is this handled here?

On the other hand NO EXTRA FEE for guests is a big advantage... ;-)

How far is the walking distance to the "rocking places" (ie. SOI 6) ?

Any comments appreciated!

Thanks!

best regards,

thaifel

Hi Doc, please see your box for my reply.

HI Thaifel

I often have a good chat with newbies and show them round the local area to start them off on the right foot, it maybe a good idea sometimes checking ID, but is not very discreet and normally only an issue if the girl is young looking.

For safety reasons too but as long as you use common sence with a girl, ie, when you get back to your room ask her to go shower, while she's in there put all your valuables in the safe in the room and hey presto, no problems.

To Soi 6 is 20 meters to soi bauhkow and then a baht bus to Soi 6, 10 mins tops, walking distance 2o mins.

Awesome, dave. Thanks for your reply and info!

I get back to you as soon as my plans are 100% concrete and flights are booked and confirmed.

best regards,

thaifel

OK, Cheers, will await you message.

• 4 months later...

not many rooms available over the next few weeks so book early for the new year.

Hi Dave i got a little ahead of myself and booked up to fly out this wednesday. I was supposed to wait till march '10 for my 3 month trip but i just couldnt contain myself. Looking for something longterm. Do you have rooms available still? I cannot use paypal bit i would come and see you in person friay morning.

regards

Ross

Stayed at Canterbury for a month recently. Nice place, lovely big flat (12A). And very well situated too. Cheers Dave! doug.

Hi Dave i got a little ahead of myself and booked up to fly out this wednesday. I was supposed to wait till march '10 for my 3 month trip but i just couldnt contain myself. Looking for something longterm. Do you have rooms available still? I cannot use paypal bit i would come and see you in person friay morning.

regards

Ross

HI mate, hardly anything available, probably a room for a few nights if your stuck and give you time to find something but too shorter notice really.

All the best Dave

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

My latest addition

Edited by Daveo