IGNORED

Can you check in to your flights with a screen shot of your E-ticket?

bigbill340

You mean check in at the airport counter? Typically all you need to show is your ID.

Yes that is what I mean, can you go to the airport without a hard copy of your E-ticket and just have a screenshot on your phone of it?

Bill

Hey Bill,

If all you have is a screen shot and your reservation code and E-ticket number you will be good, 99,9% sure!

I travel a lot, normally they just scan in your passport at check in and the system matches your reservation/E-ticket with the name scanned from your passport.

Have only been asked for a copy of the reservation code and E-ticket once and that was when the airline was having computer problems.

You know I travel quite a bit so you should be fine...you better be!

See you for breakfast soon my friend!

H

With KLM you can, I did it in June on my way back from BKK to UK. When you are checking in online it gives you the option to have a QR code boarding card. I just got a screen shot of it and used that instead without any problems.

Hey Bill,

If all you have is a screen shot and your reservation code and E-ticket number you will be good, 99,9% sure!

I travel a lot, normally they just scan in your passport at check in and the system matches your reservation/E-ticket with the name scanned from your passport.

Have only been asked for a copy of the reservation code and E-ticket once and that was when the airline was having computer problems.

You know I travel quite a bit so you should be fine...you better be!

See you for breakfast soon my friend!

H

Thanks for that Hatcher my friend!

I would of thought that it would of been ok, but it is always best to ask!

Not long now until we share breakfast matey!

Bill

With KLM you can, I did it in June on my way back from BKK to UK. When you are checking in online it gives you the option to have a QR code boarding card. I just got a screen shot of it and used that instead without any problems.

That's great news!

Thanks matey!

Bill

you will be fine. Passport is enough and as Hatcher says, if there's a problem with the system your screenshot will be fine. Make sure you can see the booking reference.

Did you accidentally delete the travel reservation email?

If so shoot the airline or booking agent an email with your E-ticket number to resend the confirmation, don't think they would have a problem doing that.

I am flying Etihad and can call up my reservation from their website with the booking number and print it out as many times as I want.

You'll be fine!

H

you will be fine. Passport is enough and as Hatcher says, if there's a problem with the system your screenshot will be fine. Make sure you can see the booking reference.

Cheers matey! a weight off of my mind!

Did you accidentally delete the travel reservation email?

If so shoot the airline or booking agent an email with your E-ticket number to resend the confirmation, don't think they would have a problem doing that.

I am flying Etihad and can call up my reservation from their website with the booking number and print it out as many times as I want.

You'll be fine!

H

Just being lazy really, also wanted to know if you had to have a hard copy of the ticket to board?

Thanks to all for the answers!

Bill

Philippine airlines insisted on a printed e-ticket when flying out of bangkok a copy on an iPad did not satisfy them.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Philippine airlines insisted on a printed e-ticket when flying out of bangkok a copy on an iPad did not satisfy them.

Just checked jet airways website and it says you can checkin with just your res. code, So all should be good hopefully! but sill might take hard copies in case?

Thanks

Bill

More times than I can remember, I've shown up with just the booking code on a Post-it.

But, remember this only works in "civilised" countries. In some places, if you have no hard copy of what at least looks like a ticket, you don't even get in the airport. (Does not apply here, of course.)

As mentioned above you really need to only show your passport at the counter, they should have your info in computer.

I think on some domestics you can use cell phone image of boarding ticket to go through to gate.

I don't know about flight back home from BKK. There's sometimes some agent near the check in counter that wants to see a copy of your flight ticket.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

If you checkin online and the airline doesn't have a mobile pass option, I think you will need a hardcopy.

I never carry hard copies of anything except when flying Easyjet in Europe as it's easier to check-in.

I just toss my passport on the counter and a credit card if they want for verification.

If I was not checking in bags, then I would carry a hardcopy of my boarding passes and go straight to the gate on some airlines.

And regardless of airline, you need a hard copy of your e-ticket or itinerary just to get into the International Check In at Manila airport - and having an image or email on your phone is not good enough.

The stupidity of Filipinos seems to know no limits.

If you checkin online and the airline doesn't have a mobile pass option, I think you will need a hardcopy.

If your're checked in, you will have a boarding pass which is different than the e-ticket the OP was inquiring about.

And regardless of airline, you need a hard copy of your e-ticket or itinerary just to get into the International Check In at Manila airport - and having an image or email on your phone is not good enough.

The stupidity of Filipinos seems to know no limits.

I never do.  I just show my passport.

Just checked jet airways website and it says you can checkin with just your res. code, So all should be good hopefully! but sill might take hard copies in case?

Thanks

Bill

OMG JET !!!!!!

If youve flown with them before you know what to expect, if not though................... but hey they are cheap 

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

OMG JET !!!!!!

If youve flown with them before you know what to expect, if not though................... but hey they are cheap 

They surely cant be worse than BA!

Wasn't that cheap really, just a few people have said they were alright, will find out in just over three weeks!

Bill

They surely cant be worse than BA!

Wasn't that cheap really, just a few people have said they were alright, will find out in just over three weeks!

Bill

All I can say mate is good luck and especially when you change planes . Indian bureaucracy is really something else.

I agree BA are crap but at least its a direct flight.

EVA is the best direct flight from the UK for value and comfort + the foods okay and the stewardesses are cute

Just look at it as an adventure with Jet and I really hope it goes well for you.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

I always just check in with my passport which is necessary for international travel anyway.

No hard copy, soft copy, photograph of e-ticket.  Just rock up to counter, hand over my passport.  That's it.

To be clear I've done this with the following airlines:

EVA

Air China

China Air

Thai Airways

ANA

Singapore Airlines

ASIANA

Cathay

OMG JET !!!!!!

I was thinking the same, and also about the transfer to the onward flight in India to Thailand.

Only ever flown into and out of Mumbai once and that was with major carriers, it was definitely an experience that doesn't need repeating if it can be helped.

Bill I think you may start drinking again or need at least one when you arrive.

Guess that you will appreciate arriving in the LOS even more than any of us after your journey.

We have a saying in German "in the end...the result is the only

thing that counts" - in English I think you say "it's a means to an end"

Not trying to make you uneasy at all, I really do hope you have the safest and most comfortable trip possible my friend!

H

All I can say mate is good luck and especially when you change planes . Indian bureaucracy is really something else.

I agree BA are crap but at least its a direct flight.

EVA is the best direct flight from the UK for value and comfort + the foods okay and the stewardesses are cute

Just look at it as an adventure with Jet and I really hope it goes well for you.

It is all a learning curve for me, I thought I would take a indirect flight this time to see if the break in flight time helped? and I quite liked the fact that Jet had a 9 hour then 4 hour flight.

At the worst it will be a little chaotic in India, but a little chaos in life is a good thing at times! 555

I always just check in with my passport which is necessary for international travel anyway.

No hard copy, soft copy, photograph of e-ticket.  Just rock up to counter, hand over my passport.  That's it.

To be clear I've done this with the following airlines:

EVA

Air China

China Air

Thai Airways

ANA

Singapore Airlines

ASIANA

Cathay

That's great to know!

Thanks for that my friend!

I was thinking the same, and also about the transfer to the onward flight in India to Thailand.

Only ever flown into and out of Mumbai once and that was with major carriers, it was definitely an experience that doesn't need repeating if it can be helped.

Bill I think you may start drinking again or need at least one when you arrive.

Guess that you will appreciate arriving in the LOS even more than any of us after your journey.

We have a saying in German "in the end...the result is the only

thing that counts" - in English I think you say "it's a means to an end"

Not trying to make you uneasy at all, I really do hope you have the safest and most comfortable trip possible my friend!

H

I will be happy just to get out there and I have emergency seats for my flight, so plenty of leg room and a comfortable time hopefully!

If it doesn't work? then I will go back to direct flights only, but it is worth a try! I had a look at flying with the same carrier as you are, but preferred the split flight on Jet, hopefully it wont be too bad!

Bill

meh, BOM is not that bad, really. I've definitely been to worse airports.

But talking about Mumbai airport, Bill: if you would have a layover and decided to leave the airport you WOULD need a hard copy of your e-ticket or itinerary as they only let people who actually travel into the airport building.

Archived