IGNORED

60 day visa - 85 day stay

macca57

Hi

I have a 60 day single entry visa and a return air flight which shows I will be there for 85 days. The plan is to get a 30 day extension. Will this cause me any problems with the airline or thai immigration?

Thanks

tricky one..

thai immigration will be ok.. ive never had a problem

not sure about airline,,

example

i booked last year for 6 weeks.. i had no visa

but i  had a visa for china where i was planning to go for work after 4 weeks of my holiday

but i had no ticket booked for china yet

airline had a (etihad) had a problem.. she just sent me to the ticket office

where a guy printed out  a fake ticket saying i was going to singapore for a few days after 4 weeks

thus i would be ok for the 30 visa excemption

if i was you id be happy enough

maybe just print out some information to show the airline that you can get an extension when your there

but im pretty sure you will be ok

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Hi

I have a 60 day single entry visa and a return air flight which shows I will be there for 85 days. The plan is to get a 30 day extension. Will this cause me any problems with the airline or thai immigration?

Thanks

Nope, Immigration will not likely even look at your ticket. Airlines know that visas are extended in Thailand routinely.

It is more of a problem if you go visa exempt on a 50 day trip but now with the new rules allowing a 30 day extension to a visa exempt 30 day stay that will likely also no longer be problematic.

No , did it numerous times already , never a problem .

If questioned tell them you will get a 30 day exemption .

Hi

- I have never had any problems with Thai immigration.(BKK airport)

- I have never had any problems with the airlines (from LHR to BKK with Emirates, Qatar & Etihad)

BTW :

Extension of stay.
If the applicant wants to continue touring the country, an extension may be granted for not more than 30 days.

1. Application Form T.M. 7. (Extension of an alien who enters the Kingdom for not more than 90 days).
2. A copy of passport. (ID page, exit card and Visa Stamp page)
3. One passport-size photo.
4. Fee: 1,900 baht.

You can leave with your mind at ease m8. :GoldenSmile1:

Regarding Etihad , I think that maybe they have had internal memos regarding entry to Thailand. Been flying 4 times a year with them for 6 years and just on the last two trips ex Manchester UK they asked about my visa as my return was 3 months hence. Don't think it's anything to cause undue concern but maybe its a sign that airlines are beginning to look a little closer at things. The other explanation of course is that I look so disreputable and unsavory that they feel the need to cover their arses !

On my last trip, at check in Etihad asked how long I was staying, I suggested they look at the return ticket I had booked

Good question. For extension (30 days) on a 60 day TV at Jomtien immigration apart from photo & 1900 Bt is an airline ticket required to proof that you will actually exit the country after 90 days?

................................................................................................................

Good question. For extension (30 days) on a 60 day TV at Jomtien immigration apart from photo & 1900 Bt is an airline ticket required to proof that you will actually exit the country after 90 days?

In my experiences, I have never been asked for an airline ticket

No . 

Archived