Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Live Youtube | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls On Tour YouTube | Pattaya Girls on Tour Facebook | Pattaya Girls on Tour YouTube 2 | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

Coup leader calls for Immigration to relax ‘out-in’ visa clampdown

Dave Hedgehog

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754033-immigration-bureau-told-to-be-flexible-with-visa-runners/page-10#entry8286082

Anyone got any news on this?

I was expecting to have to abandon my second entry to avoid the risk of getting locked out in Laos, now it seems as if there may be some hope. Have the visa run companies started taking all comers again who want to go in/out to activate multiple entries?

Anyone got any news on this?

Yes, there have been a couple other threads discussing these remarks by the General Prime Minister, of course. 1, 2

To repeat what I said in those threads: This reads to me not as a general relaxation of attitude toward 'visa running', but specifically saying "if you are an English teacher or similar academic who has been using visa running to work (illegally), come in and register with the Immigration Bureau so we can find a way for you to work legally". Not necessarily a change in policy in general toward all visa running.

For example, nothing relating to these remarks is evident in today's announcement by the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok.

• 3 weeks later...

How about flying in and out of the country monthly. Like after the 30 days, fly to a country and stay for 4-5 days and then fly back to Thailand and stay for another 30 days and then repeat the process again.

Hit me up for any kind of visa to stay in Thailand. Pay by installment.

I just visited the Thai consulate in Vancouver, Canada today. The new rules are going to be a major pain for long-term tourists. With a double or triple entry tourist visa you will actually have to leave the country after 60 days, not just check in at the Jomtien immigration office to get your visa stamped for another 60 days. Also, the one-year O-A visa for those over 50 has a large list of requirements that make it pretty onerous and expensive (there are costs for criminal record check, your signature on your visa application must be witnessed by a notary), and the medical certificate requires a doctor to sign off on diseases they've never had to deal with here. I took their medical certificate requirement to my family doctor and he thought it was a bit of a joke. Looks like I'll be spending my first winter of retirement somewhere other than Thailand. 

<p>

Archived