IGNORED

Girl friend and baby visa to uk

belhop

Hi wondering if anyone knows , how long it is a Thai lady can apply for visa to visit me AGAIN in the uk . She was on a holiday visa and went back to Thailand in June 2014 , I'm going back soon as our baby is due and I want to bring her back here for Xmas , can I apply or do you have to wait so many months before you can apply for the uk holiday visa again ?? Would it be any easier if we got married ? As we are going to do that soon anyway.

Thanks. J

You might want to post on ThaiVisa as they have more experts there, but to the best of my knowledge you will have to wait 6 months before she can visit the UK again.

Regarding the child, apply for a thai passport an then get a tourist visa which will be easy. As soon as the child lands in the UK, apply for their UK passport an this will be one less headache.

Thats what I did.

ภรรยาไทยต้องà¸à¸²à¸£

• 2 weeks later...

Our baby was born in Thailand 15 months ago and we come and go from Thailand to the UK quite often, so we've been through the same thing. His mother is Thai, I am English.

We got him a Thai passport, at the Pattaya office in The Avenue, that took a week to arrive. then we applied for a UK passport from the British Embassy in Bangkok, that took about 4 weeks to arrive (be aware, the embassy says 6 weeks  whereas the Daily Mail says "passport chaos" etc etc)

He could have travelled here on his Thai passport, but he would have needed a visa, the same as any other Thai, and we'd have had to get him a passport anyway so it made sense to get his UK passport there.

I've been told there is no 'official' time period that needs to lapse before applying for a visa, UK borders agency website confirms this. HOWEVER....one must stick to the terms of the visa, eg. applying for many consecutive 'tourist' visa's, when she clearly is not coming to be a tourist gives them good reason to refuse. Having a child makes the 'family visit' visa more appropriate, though the terms of it are basically identical.

My partner has visited the UK first for a 4 week holiday on a tourist visa, then 5 months later for 4 months with our son, also on a tourist visa. Then 5 months later we are here for 3 months, this time on a family visa.

Being married (or not) in UK law makes no difference for us as we have 'cohabited' for 2 years so they give us the same rights as married couples. She is regarded the same as a 'spouse'

Good luck, and If you need anything else i'd be happy to help.

Thanks everyone for all help ,, esp Jim whom I'm in contact with now and is very informative

• 2 months later...

Hi wondering if anyone knows , how long it is a Thai lady can apply for visa to visit me AGAIN in the uk . She was on a holiday visa and went back to Thailand in June 2014 , I'm going back soon as our baby is due and I want to bring her back here for Xmas , can I apply or do you have to wait so many months before you can apply for the uk holiday visa again ?? Would it be any easier if we got married ? As we are going to do that soon anyway.

Thanks. J

u.k border agency told my wife she had to wait 6 mths before she could return to England

Unless she waits in LOS for 6 months and 1 day she would be classed as resident in the UK and that is not permitted.

She has to wait 6 months, then can apply again.

My Thai wife has been in the UK 2 times now and is waiting in LOS until after April to return.

Archived