IGNORED

E-Cig's / Vaping On The Flight

Mucho Gusto

It is their batteries that explode, and I think most airlines have banned them because of the type of smoke detectors they have on planes are different and would detect the vapor and think it is smoke!

Bill

I think most airlines banned them for crowd control reasons. Imagine all the crap arguments they'd have to deal with? Between the health concerns and the safety concerns, it would be a nightmare. It would be like this post, but 30k feet in the air, and a thousand times over every month. 

This falls under the same airline ruling as the banning of Knee Defenders on many airlines. Ban them over the headaches, not because they pose any sort of threat. I'd be more concerned with laptop batteries than an E-cig battery exploding. 

• 1 month later...

Didn't think you coukd bring liquids through the terminals? Or are we talking about buying an E-cig from duty free and bringing it on the flight here?

Didn't think you coukd bring liquids through the terminals? Or are we talking about buying an E-cig from duty free and bringing it on the flight here?

I brought my vape through with no troubles at all!

I also used it on the flight, a mixture between using it in the toilet and using it when they turn the lights down for people to sleep. I always exhaled through my rugby top I was wearing and there was no vapor to be seen by anyone! Also I only done it enough to take the edge off of the cravings, so not loads really!

Bill

I might be wrong but i thought 100 mils was ok 

I have seen airport security taking away e-ciggies because they are not allowed on flights. 

The current ruling, for the lack of a better description, is inconclusive, or simply stated - there is no rule. 

Due to that, milage may vary from airport to airport and maybe even security officer to security officer. 

Therfore you may not want to take your most expensive cigarrette with you.

At the very least prepare a self adressed envelope to be able to post the cigarette back to you, better safe than sorry :).  

I myself use snuff on flights, its kinda dirty and some people stare at me, but I cant be bothered. 

Taking several packs of disposable hankies goes with it, I hate their brownish look after use, still cant be bothered. 

Chewing gums and patches should work as well, but they are not my kind of stuff. 

If you never used snuff before, train it at least 2 weeks before the flight ;) - you don't want to sneeze a load of snuff over the passenger in front of you, do you? 

Do not take too much - the effect of snuff can be much stronger than a cigarette!

Cheers

ghkl

Always look on the bright *sights* of live!

Archived