Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

E-Cig's / Vaping On The Flight

Mucho Gusto

I know most (if not ALL) airlines do not allow you to use e-Cigs or Vapor Cigs on the plane.  But I've talked to several friends who fly frequently, and they've all told me that - if you're "discreet" about it, you can normally smoke your e-Cigs on the flight. 

I've recently quit smoking cigarettes, but I still need to vape so I don't fall off the wagon.  And the 16 hour flight next month to LOS is gonna be pretty tough if I can't take an occasional "hit" on the flight.  I'll be in business class on Cathay Pacific, so hopefully I can sneak a puff every now and then.

Has anyone tried vaping on their flight, or has anyone had problems doing this? 
Thanks for any & all comments.

Cheers!

Use the flight to strengthen your attitude heavy smoker myself had a mate who used the no smoking rule to kick start stopping although he feel off the wagon as many times as he stopped.

Think 95% is in the mind myself course that bloody addiction is strong tried them all I think chewing tobacco that Arabic stuff just behind the gum etc (which is pretty cool )

A friend of mine who was a long distant Air Capt told me " in the toilet blow into a bag and flush will not be seen" but never tested myself that was with real cigs so guess a vap would be a lot less risk???

Actually said that the original reason for Airlines  to adopt a no smoking policy was the cost involved in keeping the air condition clean

Take a few sweets with anything to chew will take your mind off for a bit cause you get a sugar kick at least

a lot of smokers do not bother with sweets and the sudden sugar kick helps at least by me with a sudden craving.

Eat a bit of everything that comes stay of the alcohol on flight as that sort of intensifies the miss of nicotine.

Well not much help I guess never tried to vap on the plane myself but maybe that old toilet trick considering the Vap should not trigger any alarm bells, stops people staring and  will keep your mind occupied.

Sometimes I think just the chance to do is enough to  cut the craving a bit 

well up to you

Bloody tobacco just enjoy to much myself I guess.

Regards

mrjd

PS: When you get to Bangkok plenty of smoking rooms available shortly after you get of the plane and before baggage pickup which is heaven for us smokers.

To answer the OP's question without guilt-tripping him about his nicotine use, I've heard that if you use it the bathroom, it won't set off the smoke detectors - because there's no real smoke, just water vapor.  I suppose you could also hide under a blanket because the vapor last only seconds before disappearing completely.  I vape as well, currently on 3mg juice, but I can withstand the 20+ hour flight without craving a drag, so I can't say for sure you'd get away with it.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Is vaping allowed in airport terminals?

Stealth vape...hold the vapour in for a few extra seconds before exhale. Hardly any vapour like this.

I usually do it when the lights are out. Its not as enjoyable,but still satisfies the old nicotine craving.

I have read lots of reports of smoke alarms being set off so personally wouldn't risk it in the toilet. Chance are very slim of setting them off, but its definitely a possibility.

Bathroom and when dark a blanket over your head, and hold it in

Sounds like a good idea if you want to die taking the rest of the passengers with you. Think on.

Not only do you Poison us with your toxic fumes in bars, now you want to blow us up on an aircraft.

If beggars belief.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101565/Tom-Holloway-suffers-horrific-burns-exploding-electronic-cigarette-knocks-teeth.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2430121/Boy-3-burned-moms-e-cigarette-explodes-setting-car-seat.html

Many of the juices have no smell so as said if you hold it in a bit longer there won't even be any steam. Impossible for even the person next to you to know unless he sees you vaping or for a toilet alarm to go off.

Try it and let us know (from your cell) if you get away with it :Finger5:

I go to the toilet to be descreet and never any problems. It is only water vapour and the detectors wont pick it up. I have my doubts the smoke detectors are sensitive enough to pick up a real ciggie anyway, they would be going off all the time IMO. Usually I go a couple of times during the trip. Fantastic invention!

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

same here, couple times per long-haul flight I disappear into the toilet and never had any problems.

If you do it in your seat (even the more secluded biz seats) you could invite very serious trouble if spotted.

Sounds like a good idea if you want to die taking the rest of the passengers with you. Think on.

Not only do you poison us with your toxic fumes in bars, now you want to blow us up on an aircraft.

If beggars belief.

A few less scare mongers like yourself may not be a bad thing!

It is a steam vapor off of cooking fat, not a toxic fume at all!

The daily mail is hardly any source of true events! and if you think of how many vaporizers/E-cigs have been sold they are perfectly safe!

Bill

because there's no real smoke, just water vapor.

Why do you guys think that e-cigs vapour is water vapour? It isn't. If it was just water these things would not be busting into flames which is why they are banned on flights.

Why do you guys think that e-cigs vapour is water vapour? It isn't. If it was just water these things would not be busting into flames which is why they are banned on flights.

It is their batteries that explode, and I think most airlines have banned them because of the type of smoke detectors they have on planes are different and would detect the vapor and think it is smoke!

Bill

A few less scare mongers like yourself may not be a bad thing!

The daily mail is hardly any source of true events! and if you think of how many vaporizers/E-cigs have been sold they are perfectly safe!

My arse.

Bill

Perfectly safe my arse, if there is a .000% chance of one exploding the ban on airline should stay in place and the idiots would attempt to use them aboard aircraft knowing they are not allowed and potentially dangerous should be imprisoned and banned from all airlines for life.

I worked down the mines in my youth and the miners accepted the rules, no one would ever consider endangering others.

http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/news/LatestNewsReleases_15041420_explodingecigcausesfire.asp#.VATj2GK9KSM

Use mine in the Bogs and never had a issue or assume there will ever be one.

I vote for bringing smoking back on flights as I love a non or ex smoker moaning makes my day :-)

As BigBill stated above, it's the batteries that sometimes burst into flames, the e-liquid itself is not flammable.  The batteries are the same type that are used in cell phones (Lithium-Ion), so cell phones and e-cig batteries have about the same probability of bursting into flames.  Therefore, if you're allowed to carry your cell phone on a plane, you should be allowed to carry your e-cig batteries and accessories on a plane.  Using said e-cig on a plane is a different story - while we think that the vapor is apparently 'generally' safe and hasn't yet been found to cause any sort of illness, most people don't know what to make of it and are naturally cautious of it.  Because now more research is being conducted on the vapor, I suspect we'll hear soon if it's toxic or not.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Use mine in the Bogs and never had a issue or assume there will ever be one.

I vote for bringing smoking back on flights as I love a non or ex smoker moaning makes my day :-)

The knowledge of smokers eventually dying a grueling and agonizing death, wheezing out their last breaths, makes mine...

Perfectly safe my arse, if there is a .000% chance of one exploding the ban on airline should stay in place and the idiots would attempt to use them aboard aircraft knowing they are not allowed and potentially dangerous should be imprisoned and banned from all airlines for life.

I worked down the mines in my youth and the miners accepted the rules, no one would ever consider endangering others.

http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/news/LatestNewsReleases_15041420_explodingecigcausesfire.asp#.VATj2GK9KSM

LOL

I must remember the sites ethos of 'it's nice to be nice'

Bill

nobody banned bringing e-cigs on flights.

You are not allowed to USE them as it is considered bothersome to other passengers, same as old-style smoking.

Batteries iginiting my ass. Are you guys for real? Cell phones have the same batts but also laptops, only 500x larger. Any ban on them? I don't think so.

Nicotine patches.  Works for me.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/john-rich-country/367274/shuttin-detroit-down.jhtml

<center><embed src="http://www.ohiok.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.ohiok.com/&clickLABEL=Vacation Countdown Clock Generator&flashLABEL=Ohiok.com&skin=http://www.ohiok.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/skins/11.jpg&text=Back%20to%20the%20LOS%20%3D%20Land%20of%20Slimmies%21%21%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2010&month=10&day=30&hour=6&minute=15&second=53&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.ohiok.com/">Vacation Countdown Clock Generator</a></small></center>

Archived