IGNORED

Late Night (10- 12 PM ) Customs Checks Latest Info

bjsanook

Addicts- latest travelors,

Whats the latest on frequency of being pulled over by the xray checkers at night approximately 10-12 pm?  I arrive 10:30 via Incheon this week and its high arrival times from North America.

There was a spurt of them pulling people over after the shakeup.  I'm curious if they are back to the norm after the initial over doing things.  Usually bring a larger bottle of favorite booze but won't if they are stopping people. No sense giving it to Somchai for a karoake bar.

Thanks,

bj 

Never noticed much difference  find the risk is mainly after you leave baggage pick up and hang about in the controlled welcome area changing money etc

seems to me you can then be targeted a bit if you fall in the radar but just a personal observation not really factual.

Regards

mrjd

flew in twice in the last two months on late arriving flights from Tokyo, did not notice anything happening at that xray location either time...

Usually bring a larger bottle of favorite booze but won't if they are stopping people.

You are allowed to bring in 1 litre of spirits duty free so unless it's an exceptionally large bottle you should not have a problem with just one bottle. No need to worry about customs searches.

The xray checkers are still as lazy as ever. Not really checking anyone.

Must be the best job in thailand. Just sit around and do nothing

12 Pints in Know it all

Thanks.  Sounds like back to normal.

My fav 1.75 ml bottle of Gentleman Jack. $70.00 at the PX no tax and lasts my whole vacation sipping , it's .75 over.

But sounds good,

Appreciate it. 

Didn't notice any differences in July arriving at 11:35pm.

Archived