IGNORED

Koh Samet Hotels?

shadyacres29

I will be in los on the 8th november for 3 weeks with my thai girl

and will be going to koh samet for a couple of weeks.

Im looking for a decent place to stay for around 1500 to 200baht

can any of you seasoned board members give me some sound

advice please??

many thanks

Silver Sands is where I have stayed, the bungalows are clean and the staff are friendly plus they have an excellent restaurant. I think I paid 1200BHT a night. I would recommend this place. They also have a lively disco in the evenings.

LOS5018-1.jpg

LOS5019-1-1.jpg

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

I stayed her in March : http://www.vimarnsamedresort.com/

Nice little wooden bungalows. I paid extra for the delux. My mate paid for the standard which was good value as well.

Samet is a little bit more expensive then the mainland for accomodation. And some places are poor quality for premium price. I stayed on white sand beach last December. Paid 3500 per night at the "Samed Grand View Resort" and the rooms were garbage. I'd defo stay clear of this place.

Wow two weeks. Usually when I go I only go for about 3 nights max, in November I'm planning to go to Koh Chang for about 3 nights.. Very small island. Sorry don't know many hotels for that price range. I think the above suggestion of Silversands is pretty good for location. I've stayed next door at Samed Villas but had to walk past Silversands any time I wanted to go anywhere. But you can read this site for info and hotel ideas and maybe what particular area or beach you want. It's a very good site for that http://www.koh-samet.org/koh-samet-resort.htm

There is only one main road stretching to the main pier and it is on the left of Had Sai Kaew if you are looking from the sea to land.

Edited by cock bang

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
anybody have any recommendations for under 500 baht per night?

Special low season (fan only) room 300bt at Saikeaw Villa same price every year since 2003-I only stay there if I'm alone- Stay at Sea-Sand on Hat Saikaew if with a girl (near new and straight ahead on the beach from the Rangers office.) .Prices negotiable depending on lenght of stay and number of customers.