IGNORED

Anyone flown finnair from manchester ?

robbie123

Anyone flown finnair from manchester good connection times .

Sorry Matey I am an Emirates boy

I flew with them a few years back.

Nothing special to be honest,

Ive stuck with Emirates mostly since then.

Far better in my opinion.

JPL

Ubique.

I flew with them a few years back.

Nothing special to be honest,

Ive stuck with Emirates mostly since then.

Far better in my opinion.

JPL

Oh yes Biz or First I fecking love them

Oh yes Biz or First I fecking love them

Oh yes, all day long  :GoldenSmile1:

JPL

Ubique.

Oh yes, all day long  :GoldenSmile1:

JPL

Hoping they Bump me First again this time can do upgrade at 32000 Miles but would sooner upfrade cattle ticket on flexi at 35000 to Biz than use mikes Biz to First

If not paying sure will take it if given but happy in Biz plus can see more crumpet up n about than in first 555

I flew with them once, the return has a really short connection time in Helsinki, if the plane is late leaving Swampy, as mine was, you will get bumped to Heathrow and then on to Manchester, took me forever to get home !!

Back home and waiting for the next trip! Which aint long now!!!!!

Hoping they Bump me First again this time can do upgrade at 32000 Miles but would sooner upfrade cattle ticket on flexi at 35000 to Biz than use mikes Biz to First

If not paying sure will take it if given but happy in Biz plus can see more crumpet up n about than in first 555

Is that 1st class on A340 Helsinki-Bangkok ?

Is that 1st class on A340 Helsinki-Bangkok ?

I don't think that's an emirates route

edit : apologies...speak little of what you know lol

Flew finnair Manchester-Helsinki-Bangkok only last month.All i can say is the flights landed bang on time going and coming back,good connection times too.I was a bit concerned about the short connection time at helsinki on the way back but everything went as smooth as silk.Punctuality is my most important thing for me so i was pleased.The entartainment isnt as good as other airlines  with not as many films to watch or music to listen to,and the food isnt anything fancy but what i had was ok,but im easily pleased,i wouldnt have any qualms about using them again if need be,but thats me.

Pretty sure you get a free alcoholic drink with the meal service in economy and pay after that. Cards and Euros only accepted on HEL-BKK sector, this was the case about two years ago

Beer/Wine are free BUT only served at meal times-order enough with the meal they don,t seem to mind but if you want spirits they charge 5 euros each.

• 11 months later...

Flew finnair Manchester-Helsinki-Bangkok only last month.All i can say is the flights landed bang on time going and coming back,good connection times too.I was a bit concerned about the short connection time at helsinki on the way back but everything went as smooth as silk.Punctuality is my most important thing for me so i was pleased.The entartainment isnt as good as other airlines  with not as many films to watch or music to listen to,and the food isnt anything fancy but what i had was ok,but im easily pleased,i wouldnt have any qualms about using them again if need be,but thats me.

Hi Guys

My best mate his thai wife and daughter arrived at Bangkok Airport early this morning from Manchester and said it

was one of the worst airlines he has flown with to Bangkok

He said the A340 from Helsinki to Bangkok was old and tatty the seats uncomfortable could not sleep the bloke in front

reclined his seat and my mate said he was so close i could have kissed him.

And with him paying over £2500 for the three of them was not value for money, apart from water you have to pay for drinks.

He was waiting to see what was on the menu but they did not come round with menu's like other airlines.

There was not much food unless you paid extra for it only a couple of snacks on route.

They are certainly not looking forward to the return flights at the end of the month and will be buying plenty of there own

food to eat en route think it's sad bearing in mind what he paid for the flights.

He said you cannot beat Etihad, Qatar and Emirates from Manchester for much better service.

The only pro for Finnair is the short flying times. They have some shitty A340 aircraft, but they are going to have A350 for next high season, which will be the huge plus. Yes their onboard service sucks too as already stated. I have only fly with them once HEL - BKK - HEL and prefer to go with other carriers with short layovers.

How do you rate the biz lounge in HEL...?...I put it barely above Nairobi ( before the fire).. In flight is the best biz flight I have had... including emirates  + BA + KLM + ....

Hi Guys

My best mate his thai wife and daughter arrived at Bangkok Airport early this morning from Manchester and said it

was one of the worst airlines he has flown with to Bangkok

He said the A340 from Helsinki to Bangkok was old and tatty the seats uncomfortable could not sleep the bloke in front

reclined his seat and my mate said he was so close i could have kissed him.

And with him paying over £2500 for the three of them was not value for money, apart from water you have to pay for drinks.

He was waiting to see what was on the menu but they did not come round with menu's like other airlines.

There was not much food unless you paid extra for it only a couple of snacks on route.

They are certainly not looking forward to the return flights at the end of the month and will be buying plenty of there own

food to eat en route think it's sad bearing in mind what he paid for the flights.

He said you cannot beat Etihad, Qatar and Emirates from Manchester for much better service.

I cant ever recall being asked to pay for any drinks on a Scheduled Airline. Even in my cheap charlie days of 25 Year ago on Biman Bangladesh the booze whatever it was Complimentary

I cant ever recall being asked to pay for any drinks on a Scheduled Airline. Even in my cheap charlie days of 25 Year ago on Biman Bangladesh the booze whatever it was Complimentary

Tiz the way of the world now. I was stunned on a flight from LHR to OSL a few years ago to see the menu with prices on it...!! Not quite sure what shocked me more seeing the prices or seeing snow for the first time in 20 years!!

Yes it's a budget airline service for the price of the full service airline. That's the reason I rarely fly Finnair, even if it's the only direct option from HEL to BKK. I have flown KLM and Lufthansa for the BKK flights with short layovers in AMS and FRA. The service was fantastic compared to our shameful national carrier.

For the European flights Norwegian is the way to go. I have flown to Prague and Budapest for about 100€ return. Finnair's pricing was way off. Their price was about 250€ to 300€ return for those legs. I had to fly to London in a hurry on May. Lufthansa got me HEL-FRA-LHR-FRA-HEL flights for 150€ 2 days from the depart. Finnair's offer was 450€. Fuck them.

I know a lot of Guys like Finnair for having the shortest "airtime" between London/Manchester to Bangkok and short transits to boot

Flew back with them a few months ago, as I missed my emirates flight, and these were the cheapest. Very short stopover in Helsinki I think 45 mins? And yes they didn't load my bag for the manchester flight, received it the next day

Archived