IGNORED

P4P in Patong early September worth the trip?

Marvin Nash

I'll be back in Thailand in two weeks and was considering a little side trip to Patong.

While I have been to the island quite a few times this would be my 1st experience outside of high or peak season. 

The weather is not an issue for me I was wondering just how lively was the P4P scene around that time? 

Can you still find a decent selection of bargirls or freelancers at the discos or do the numbers and quality go down drastically ?

Thanks in advance!

There will still be heaps of girls around. It does rain alot in september so get a hotel close to the action. Patong has a tendency to flood. Dont book a hotel near sawatdirak rd (north of bangla) it always floods there. I have stupidly been caught twice booking a hotel there and getting flooded in

12 Pints in Know it all

I don't think you'll have any worries about finding a lovely one in Patong in September.I've been there in February, May, December and twice in September and there wasn't any discernible difference in lady numbers.

Have fun !!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Was there in July.  No problems finding a lady.  You will be fine.

If you haven't been there is a while you will see the place has changed quite a bit.  Many of the massage places north of Bangla along 200 pii rd have gone.  Still plenty south of Bangla.  Some buildings have been knocked down.

All said, many girls around Bangla and other places.  If you've been before you won't have any problems.  Have fun.

I was there last in February this year after being in Angeles city in the Philippines for a week i and wasn't really dazzled and amazed by the selection but it was fine for a week or so, lots of beaches to explore around in the daytime.

That's why I was a little worried about how the girly scene was in low season. Looks OK from what I heard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any action or decent bars away from Bangla? 

yes, there is bars away from Bangla.  The road north and parallel to Banga has some bars.  massage places on 200 pii rd south of Bangla. Although the main action is Bangla.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any action or decent bars away from Bangla? 

Yes, plenty in Patong, but there is more to Phuket than Patong….. and there is more to Phuket than partying and bar girls.

The beer bars in the OTOP area opposite Hooters and Hard Rock Cafe are a happy drinking and hunting ground for many who find Bangla too in yer face….. not to mention a mite expensive. Other places worth a look are along Nanai Road, and scattered around elsewhere. Many places are within easy walking distance, but renting a motorcycle would be the way to go if you dare in Phuket traffic.

If you do rent a motorcycle, why not explore further afield. Kamala is a pleasant spot, about 15 minutes north. The beach is nice, often with good surf during the monsoon. It has quite a collection of bars to suit all tastes, and far more reasonably priced than Patong. For a beer or two, a couple of lady drinks and a few games of pool you will set you back not much more than 500 baht…. you'll get change back in some places.

To the south there is Kata, a popular surfing spot, with a fair collection of bars as well…. of some distance from the surf.

Carry on further afield to Chalong and Rawai, and there are scattered beaches and bars. You really do need your own transport, but it is all mostly low key with affable locals and wallet friendly prices. There are a couple of nightclubs in Rawai too; Laguna and Icon. Plenty of accommodation in the area should you decide to stop over rather than return to Paty central, Patong…… many locally based ex-pats seldom venture there.

Do look out for rips and under tow though, on all Phuket beaches May to November. It is not called the drowning season for nothing. Patong and Kamala are probably the safest, relatively speaking. Karon is nasty, Kata and Nai Yang can be too.

yes, there is bars away from Bangla.  The road north and parallel to Banga has some bars.  Massage places on 200 pii rd south of Bangla. Although the main action is Bangla.

Found a nice little gem earlier this year called Soi Bel Air. It's walking distance North of Bangla Rd, off Ratuthit. Bit more mellow place with a number of bars and quite a few girls.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Post-trip feedback to thank everyone that chimed in,

Overall great weather rained only once for an hour during the whole 7 days i was there, Patong beach (and the rest of the island) looks much better now without the plethora of beach chairs.  

post-35986-0-20580800-1411893798_thumb.jpg

Very decent selection of freelancers at the discos, just lacking maybe a little in the bargirl department I guess the Tiger beerbars were around 50% understaffed.

post-35986-0-21952900-1411893878_thumb.jpg

6 more weeks before next trip can't wait :-)

Wow the beach looks different without the beach chairs. The beach seems deserted - what time of the day was that photo taken?

Oh Yeah.... your girl looks hot too.

12 Pints in Know it all

Wow the beach looks different without the beach chairs. The beach seems deserted - what time of the day was that photo taken?

Middle of the afternoon, according to EXIF picture data @ 14:40 to be exact. 

That beach looks so much cleaner now, nice to see. Thanks for sharing!

Here are a few additional photos of Phuket's post-coup beach cleanup:

Patong:

post-35986-0-16496200-1412015908_thumb.jpg

post-35986-0-00950200-1412015919_thumb.jpg

Karon:

post-35986-0-50213400-1412015981_thumb.jpg

Kata:

post-35986-0-91497400-1412016070_thumb.jpg

post-35986-0-16397400-1412016061_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Surin is lovely now.  I spent an afternoon up there just chilling out.

Bangla seems more commercial than it used to be - more pushy bars than before, but still some options.  I usually find at least one cutie at Happy Night's above Crocodile.  The drinks are ok, but the BF is excessive there.  

Surin is lovely now.  I spent an afternoon up there just chilling out.

Bangla seems more commercial than it used to be - more pushy bars than before, but still some options.  I usually find at least one cutie at Happy Night's above Crocodile.  The drinks are ok, but the BF is excessive there.  

I've been to Happy NIght. It's a fun bar to checkout the shenanigans at Soi Crocodile. There was a really pretty girl working there a year or so back (Happy Night that is), as they say, "he who hesitates masturbates." I didn't take her at the time because it was still early in the night but when I went back later, she was leaving with someone else. Oh well! Plenty to be had elsewhere.

Overall great weather rained only once for an hour during the whole 7 days i was there, Patong beach (and the rest of the island) looks much better now without the plethora of beach chairs.

attachicon.gifDrink at the beachfront bar and restaurant of the Patong Bay Garden Resort.JPG

Very decent selection of freelancers at the discos, just lacking maybe a little in the bargirl department I guess the Tiger beerbars were around 50% understaffed.

attachicon.gif2014-09-08 06.36.13.JPG

attachicon.gifDrink at the beachfront bar and restaurant of the Patong Bay Garden Resort.JPG

Hi what are the main mongers discos to go find/pick up freelancers/p4p? And what is the best time to go?

In Patt I usually start my hunting from 2.30am in discos for p4p girls. I'm assuming discos closing time in Phuket is the same as the ones in Patt???

Thanks.

Vincent Law

Oh and

Oh and what disco did you pick her from?

Vincent Law

"Hi what are the main mongers discos to go find/pick up freelancers/p4p? And what is the best time to go? 

In Patt I usually start my hunting from 2.30am in discos for p4p girls. I'm assuming discos closing time in Phuket is the same as the ones in Patt???"

Tai Pan, Tiger, even Hollywood.  

In Patong bars close at 2am.  So the discos will be full shortly after that.  You could probably start earlier and still have plenty of choice.  I noticed in July that there was a larger number of disco girls (FLs who seem to only work in the discos, not on the street and not in bars) than in the past.  

Hi what are the main mongers discos to go find/pick up freelancers/p4p? And what is the best time to go?

In Patt I usually start my hunting from 2.30am in discos for p4p girls. I'm assuming discos closing time in Phuket is the same as the ones in Patt???

Thanks.

I think ParadiseSeeking summed it up pretty well,

2:30am is a little late for me, try to readjust your clock to 1-1:30am.

Though girls do have their favourite discos most freelancers will just hop from one to another so any disco on Bangla can be good (or bad) and things change pretty fast. During my trip the 1st few days was loving Tiger then arrived a sudden influx of guys from the Gulf states and the vibe changed, 3 out of 4 songs playing were in Arabic and they were showering girls with 100 bahts bills, etc. so it quickly went down to the bottom of my list.

Tai-Pan is the last one open so lots of FL end up there when everything else is closed so you can make some pretty good last minute deals. 

Look for what suits you best but definitely: Tiger, Tai-Pan and Holywood.

What's that Patong Bay Garden Resort like? Obviously the location is great, but it seems to get really mixed reviews.

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

What's that Patong Bay Garden Resort like? Obviously the location is great, but it seems to get really mixed reviews.

I was pretty happy with the deluxe room with balcony, I think the cheapest rooms are the ones to avoid from what I heard they haven't had an update in a long time.

I posted some pics of the room and resort on http://www.bargirlfriendlyhotels.com/category/thailand/phuket/

Would have posted the pictures directly here but I am currently only with my phone in Koh maak

• 5 months later...

Archived