Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Go to Sleep: Which Pill Is Right for You

QuotaMan

As a Brit its now virtually impossible to get any form of Sleeper via conventional methods ie Doctor.

Our huge surgery will give one tablet only and only on the death of a close relative. I started asking elsewhere but got same reaction. No No No

my neighbour got 5 diazepam tablets last week from her doc .....husband recently left her and she said she can't sleep 

I started taking pills to help me get to sleep, it's a slippery slope that just masks the real underlying issues. I'm now off them completely, I'm eating clean, exercising regularly, and practice good sleep hygiene. These things give you a real nights sleep, the pills really don't and just give the illusion...

As a Brit its now virtually impossible to get any form of Sleeper via conventional methods ie Doctor.

Our huge surgery will give one tablet only and only on the death of a close relative. I started asking elsewhere but got same reaction. No No No

I went and asked, they gave me 5 zopiclone (iirc). Admittedly that's not enough to do more then get you through a rough patch!

I went and asked, they gave me 5 zopiclone (iirc). Admittedly that's not enough to do more then get you through a rough patch!

The problem is that Zopiclone is a mother funker of bad shit. I write as someone who became addicted to them and they are an extremely hard drug to come off. For me (and many others) they are fine for a few days, but then you get on the rollercoaster from hell. People who are not addicted to such drugs should avoid them at all cost.

The problem is that Zopiclone is a mother funker of bad shit. I write as someone who became addicted to them and they are an extremely hard drug to come off. For me (and many others) they are fine for a few days, but then you get on the rollercoaster from hell. People who are not addicted to such drugs should avoid them at all cost.

I agree entirely, don't take pills to help you sleep, sort out the underlying health issues that are preventing it in the first place.

I think it's easy for people to be lazy... go tot the doc... get a pill... be happy.

For me it took

-Cardio 3-6 x per week (run/cycle/swim)

-Strength training 3 x per week

-Eating clean

-No caffeine

-No alcohol (unless I'm going out with friends)

-Stopped vaping (e-cigs)

-Go to sleep at the same time every night, no electronic devices an hour before bed (except the kindle, but that's got an e-ink screen)

That's the kind for things you need to be doing to get a good nights rest... not just popping a pill!

I agree entirely, don't take pills to help you sleep, sort out the underlying health issues that are preventing it in the first place.

I think it's easy for people to be lazy... go tot the doc... get a pill... be happy.

For me it took

-Cardio 3-6 x per week (run/cycle/swim)

-Strength training 3 x per week

-Eating clean

-No caffeine

-No alcohol (unless I'm going out with friends)

-Stopped vaping (e-cigs)

-Go to sleep at the same time every night, no electronic devices an hour before bed (except the kindle, but that's got an e-ink screen)

That's the kind for things you need to be doing to get a good nights rest... not just popping a pill!

Agreed.  I have only used something on the flight home and while your suggestions are good they aren't going to do me much good in that situation as I already do most of them.  I think there are probably others on the thread in the same boat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.. I would rather step out in front of a bus... :)

No Alcohol

No Caffene

No Vaping

fuck that.. might as well quit wanking too.

I will add that I was taking Xanax for many years and then one day I just quit.  sucked it up and now I sleep fine without any tablets except the Melotonine to get you straight after traveling.

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

• 2 weeks later...

So many antidepressants have nasty side effects, like lowering your libido, weakening your orgasm, addiction and tolerance-dependency.

Try Atarax. All the pharmacies have it. No side effects like the ones I mentioned above.

Coming off Amitryptline was worse than quitting cigarettes, even worse than Valium addiction.

Archived