Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Many People Cannot Access the Board from Thailand

expatdude

It is not blocked from what I am experiencing here in Jomtien.  I am able to get in using my regular internet connection.  Sometimes it is slow loading however.  The error message is that I was experiencing was that it was unable to connect.  A completely different message from the regular messages when other sites are blocked by the authorities.  Could it be related to the board issues a week or 10 days ago?

Yes, I don't get a blocked message, it just takes ages to load and then times out.  If I use the VPN it connects normally.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there on two trips, one in June and the other in July.  In July, I could not access my company's site.  In June there was no problem...

In July, I loaded that HOLA gizmo, and voila, problem gone...

Not sure why, but think it is something to do with Thailand and the gov...

My apartments wifi has blocked PA but can access PA using my mobile on Dtac

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Do you know who is the internet provider at your apartment ? 3BB, Sophon, True or ????

From talking to various people it seems it's only True and Sophon Internet ( CAT ) are blocking it ? I wonder if True have their internet provided by CAT ? CAT blocked our website last year and then it came back after a couple of weeks, it's not a Government thing I'm sure.

Do you know who is the internet provider at your apartment ? 3BB, Sophon, True or ????

From talking to various people it seems it's only True and Sophon Internet ( CAT ) are blocking it ? I wonder if True have their internet provided by CAT ? CAT blocked our website last year and then it came back after a couple of weeks, it's not a Government thing I'm sure.

I'm using True (in Bangkok).

I wonder if this explains it ? True would seem to use CAT, Are TOT and 3BB etc users still able to get on here ?

internet.JPG

So is this permanent?  PA is blocked in Thailand unless you use a VPN? 

I am on 3bb and still get pa just fine.

seems if your ISP is true it has been blocked I can access with a proxy on my home PC only.. On my phone can access as normal unsure why true has done this

Yeah, he's on True as well. Edit: what proxy are you using? Maybe it's better than the one I gave him, hidemyass.

Still no problem on 3BB, FWIW. sucks for the guys here with True broadband.

ToT still OK, but if it's policy I imagine they'll get round to all of them in time?

Hoe much do VPNs slow things down and, given that they're illegal, can they be identified?

99.9% sure now that it's CAT that are blocking it, it may be intentional but somehow I doubt it ? It's not a Government thing.

CAT have blocked our website twice before, the first time the head honcho from Sophon went to CAT and got it unblocked, the second time he had left and no one at Sophon could do it, then it became unblocked again a couple of weeks later. I'm buggered if I can remember the reason why it was blocked though.

I'm staying on Soi Bukhao and have not had any problems for the last two months using 3BB.

Have TOT in the condo, which works fine. Have True on the phone, which doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can access through a proxy server. But, it lacks functionality. In the past I would open all interesting threads in separate tabs and read/respond as I liked. That no longer works. I only have one open tab/window with the proxy. I would have to open another proxy for each tab/window, then copy and paste the url of each thread I wish to open.

In short - this sucks ass. Is there a resolution in the works or is this something the board can not resolve? I admit I won't be coming back much with this issue. Just too much PITA.

I also had problems connecting the last few days , but can connect again now.

I'm using True in Bangkok

Pattaya TOT.

No problem with PA today but experienced connecting problems a few days ago.

I found Hola! on the Internet a couple days ago. I did due diligence by Google checking what was said about it. Apparently everybody is happy with it. I then installed the Hola Chrome extension.

But the Thai censured DM is still blocked.

And the few geo-restricted web sites I checked (Hulu, Belgian TV docus) were slow buffering.

Seeking the mythical My-Girl-is-Different

Pattaya TOT.

No problem with PA today but experienced connecting problems a few days ago.

I found Hola! on the Internet a couple days ago. I did due diligence by Google checking what was said about it. Apparently everybody is happy with it. I then installed the Hola Chrome extension.

But the Thai censured DM is still blocked.

And the few geo-restricted web sites I checked (Hulu, Belgian TV docus) were slow buffering.

did you select another country to access from in HOLA?  I found it to be perfect, but I was only using it to get to my company's site, as PA was available to me a that time, about three weeks ago now...

I can access through a proxy server. But, it lacks functionality. In the past I would open all interesting threads in separate tabs and read/respond as I liked. That no longer works. I only have one open tab/window with the proxy. I would have to open another proxy for each tab/window, then copy and paste the url of each thread I wish to open. In short - this sucks ass. Is there a resolution in the works or is this something the board can not resolve? I admit I won't be coming back much with this issue. Just too much PITA.

http://hola.org/

Blocked for several days here in Jomtien condominium wifi by BB , can acces other forum and Thaivisa normal .....today works like a handicapped website , cutt of regular times

i thought i was blocked :Think1:  for my remarks on real estate offers :GoldenSmile1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

I am back to normal on True in Central Pattaya

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I am back to normal on True in Central Pattaya

I am finally able to access the forum as well. I am using 3BB.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I am finally able to access the forum as well. I am using 3BB.

As I am on 3BB and never had any trouble, I'm guessing this was some sort of weird network thing, not an intentional ban.

As I am on 3BB and never had any trouble, I'm guessing this was some sort of weird network thing, not an intentional ban.

Possibly but the issue must have been with CAT (or some other 3rd party) rather than 3BB as it also affected True and Sophon customers.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yeah, that's my thinking. Some weirdness upstream. Sometimes I think the most amazing thing about the internet is that it works at all.

Archived