IGNORED

thinking buying a camera

iceice69

If I was starting out I would buy the Fuji XT1 with the kit lens.Nice camera with all the controls on the body & not stuck in menus.Quality is good enough that top pro wedding photographers use it.It has a very good electronic viewfinder that shows you what you are getting exposure wise,which you can't do with a DSLR.And if you buy it & can't get on with it,resell it on ebay for about 90% of its new value as they are rare on the secondhand market.

make sure IF you buy a DSLR that you make sure this is the brand that you want

remember that the body usually gets replaced, but you KEEP you objectives

those are worth more then the body ( a few bodies are VERY expensive though)

I have been with Canon for 10 years now since the 300 d

went 20d and now 7d

still have a bunch of lenses in the L series, these are easily 1000$ each.

• 4 months later...

never had any real interest in photography other than the usual holiday snaps and always used a compact camera, now have the chance to get one of two DSLR cameras through collecting points on a card, both are Nikon one the D3200 which I can get right away or the D5200, I guess for someone who Is new to this and looking to learn which is the right choice, any advise from those who know???

never had any real interest in photography other than the usual holiday snaps and always used a compact camera, now have the chance to get one of two DSLR cameras through collecting points on a card, both are Nikon one the D3200 which I can get right away or the D5200, I guess for someone who Is new to this and looking to learn which is the right choice, any advise from those who know???

Here you go ....   http://www.d3200vsd5200.net/

They both use Nikon DX lenses and the link above will show the differences that may or may not be important to you.

The only caution I would throw in is, if you think you will get a lot more serious with photography to the point you want to work with lighting or portable lighting with more than one speedlight, take a serious look at the D7100. Without going into great detail, it has some features that you would want in controlling remote speedlights as well as other small improvements.

“Style is when they're running you out of town and you make it look like you're leading the parade.â€

-- William Battie

Archived