IGNORED

How a Little-Known Passport Rule Could Ruin Your Vacation, Costing Thousands

QuotaMan

better than being a cranky old git from Australia...

:GoldenSmile1:

Thought Edgy is a Pom? :SoWhat1:

Thought Edgy is a Pom? :SoWhat1:

ya, my bad, the "humor" from both those places is so similar...  "taking the piss"...  insulting and putting others down and thinking you're being funny.

excuse me if I don't see where the humor is in that!

and, I love ya anyway Mick, ya silly brit!   :Finger5:  :Think1:  :GoldenSmile1:

being a sceptic is great fun but being septic must be horrible.

insulting people for your own amusement is funny where you come from, got it.

to me it is infantile and mean spirited.

here we go with the america bashing,  fuck off the lot of ya. :Finger5:  :GoldenSmile1:

many Americans don't travel out of the country because the fucking place is HUGE and offers so much, from Hawaii to the Grand Canyon.  

world class skiing to surfing can be done in the same day.

plus we don't have to put up with a bunch of snotty aussies and brits playing their stupid name calling rhyme games... fuck, you guys are like a bunch of grade schoolers...

:GoldenSmile1:

And it`s that good you still go to Thailand ? prick :)

And it`s that good you still go to Thailand ? prick :)

I certainly don't go to Thailand to meet Brits and Aussies, hahaha!   but I have made a ton of friends with them and have a great time with them.  If you want to start giving me shit about my country face to face in the bar, I will smile and laugh and buy you a drink...  It hasn't happened yet in 7 trips, you guys all seem to be quite polite in person...  

I get along just fine with everyone in the bars, but it doesn't mean i have to put up with this cutting poppy horseshit on the forum.  It seems to be the desired result, to provoke an American, so here I am responding...  you guys get some sort of perverted pleasure from this...  so, you're welcome!  and Edge and I are acquaintances, I think he knows I consider him a friend!   

I certainly don't go to Thailand to meet Brits and Aussies, hahaha!   but I have made a ton of friends with them and have a great time with them.  If you want to start giving me shit about my country face to face in the bar, I will smile and laugh and buy you a drink...  It hasn't happened yet in 7 trips, you guys all seem to be quite polite in person...  

I get along just fine with everyone in the bars, but it doesn't mean i have to put up with this cutting poppy horseshit on the forum.  It seems to be the desired result, to provoke an American, so here I am responding...  you guys get some sort of perverted pleasure from this...  so, you're welcome!  and Edge and I are acquaintances, I think he knows I consider him a friend!   

I think there is a big difference between a bit of banter idiosyncratic bashing and country bashing. 

The Limeys are always drunk and abusive

The Yanks are poor travellers

The Aussies wear hats with corks and talk like Crocodile Dundee

The Irish drink Guinness and say to be sure

Bloody Yanks ;-)

Come on, America is the home of 'yo momma' jokes. That sort of humour is not the sole preserve of Brits and Brit derived nations...... or maybe it is....... :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

:Finger5:  :GoldenSmile1:  :Finger5:

I love ya all, my goofy cousins!

:Bye5:

Some yanks in the deep south like their cousins a bit too much...yeee haw! :hello09:  :Bye5:

Some yanks in the deep south like their cousins a bit too much...yeee haw! :hello09:  :Bye5:

same same with your royals, evidently???

muah!

Not sure how traveller could be unaware of this one if they can read.

However this was about Americans and most of them dont even know what a Passport is so....

And brits and aussies think putting other people down is humor.

Twats.

Well what I said was intended to be light hearted humour, but it was true and logically valid re' the OP.

I did not directly insult anyone or call them rude names.........

......and Buddha forbid that I should ever accuse Aussies of having a SoH, remotely in tune with the Brits'.   :hello09: 

There are now 110 million US passports issued Edge my friend...  The total population of GB,  64,097,085  Of course if you want to get into percentages rather than totals, you will definitely have a higher percentage!  

I have had a passport since I was 16, that's a long long time ago... and I wasn't aware of the 6 month thing...

again, I am a bit thin skinned, sorry!

Euros thinking they are more well traveled because they have passports is illogical. The us saw a huge increase in passports issued after 9/11 and border requirements for Mexico, the carribean, and canada. If we decided to make a passport required to move between states it would become 95%. from a geographic standpoint this is a fair comparison to the EU situation. Going from Germany to France is the equivalent of me going from New York to Cleveland.

Now Aussies are a different lot...those fuckers travel. I have no clue how anything gets done there as any place you travel to there are a shit ton of you bastards. Lucky pricks.

Never had a passport expire on me, I always fill the bastards up long before their time is up. I travel often to neighboring countries and with those damn sticker visas + stamps it uses 1.5 pages each trip. I'm halfway through my current passport and it's only 2 years old. It'll be full within 3 years, and I'll still have 5 years left on it.

I believe USA consulates/embassies will put in extra concertina-style pages, that's a great idea and every country should do that.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Maybe a bit off topic but I'd like to know what it costs you to replace or renew your passport?

Here in Australia the costs are as follows ...

New passport (Adult) - AUD 244.00

Frequent Traveller passport (includes extra pages in passport) - AUD 366.00

Lost/Stolen passport - in addition to the above fees..

1 document lost / stolen in 5 years - AUD 108.00

2 documents lost / stolen in 5 years - AUD 244.00

3 documents lost / stolen in 5 years - AUD 487.00

How do these fees compare in other countries ?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Maybe better if you convert your currency into baht, so we all have an understanding of the cost

Renewing a UK passport (for 10 years) is £80, about 4300baht

my friend and his family were traveling with me to bkk in 2011 and when we reached the airport , we got to know my friends son's passport would expire in exactly 6 months  he was not allowed to go  . my friends family had to return back from the airport and his son had made plans to celebrate his birthday in a few days in bkk.  lesson learnt always check before booking any travel plans

Don't get all worked up ! A lot of bms forget. That septics lack a sense of humor.

Yep I agree, I haven't never found septic tanks particularly humorous...

:hello09:

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Also while checking your PP expiration date, you might way to look at the expiration dates on your CC's and ATM cards

Also while checking your PP expiration date, you might way to look at the expiration dates on your CC's and ATM cards

That's a very good point. CC sized driving licences were introduced in the UK about 15 years ago and have, I think, a 10 year expiration. There is no notification and quite a few people get caught out with expired licences. I'll hold my own hands up to that one as although I knew about the PP and 6 months thing and thought everyone did I was completely unaware about the DLs.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

That's a very good point. CC sized driving licences were introduced in the UK about 15 years ago and have, I think, a 10 year expiration. There is no notification and quite a few people get caught out with expired licences. I'll hold my own hands up to that one as although I knew about the PP and 6 months thing and thought everyone did I was completely unaware about the DLs.

Photocards.....10 years can be a long time

I actually don't know any country you can apply for a visa (and the stamp at Swampy is a visa) with a passport that is valid less than 6 months. It's really a universal rule.

It's not universal. Many countries allow visitors with less than 6 months validity on their passport. It depend on where your passport was issued and the rules for your destination. The timatic database has this information. It's not generally publicly accessible but I ran across a link a week or two ago that allows you to look it up. For Canadian passport holders going to Thailand 6 months is required.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health/#

Hard to believe that anybody who travels doesn't know about this to be honest.

Yes I wouldn't say it wasn't well known..

Standard travel rules..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived