IGNORED

Arriving in bangkok at 11:40 pm

makna

Last time I went I booked my hotel room starting from the day I land and stayed in BKKK for at least a day or two before heading to Pattaya.... no problem getting a cheap metered taxi from the airport to any hotel location in BKK

tenor.gif

"The Limmo Pattaya" will pick you up at airport at that time of night. 1200 baht to hotel in Pattaya. Been using them for 5 years and never let me down. Just Google the above.

Thanks i think that's what i am going to do, but why Nana is there a reason or just their prices are cheap.

Nana is a nice central location for a newbie with places to stay and a variety of options (go-gos, bars). It's an easy meter taxi ride from the airport and you could be in bar by about 1230am in time to grab a snack, a drink and pick up a sleeping partner (the go-gos of Nana Entertainment Plaza close around 2am). I would stay on Sukhumvit Soi 4 (i.e. Soi Nana) itself as it's your first visit. As a very comfortable overnight hotel, the Dawin would suit. After you check in, just head back toward Sukhumvit Road on foot and you'll pass a number of Hillary bars with live music until almost at Sukhumvit you'll hit NEP - you can't miss it - a courtyard surrounded by three floors of go-gos.

You'll should be able to get a late checkout (2pm) and one of the Pattaya taxi services listed by footypjman will whisk you comfortably to Pattaya that afternoon where you can check-in and do it all again.

If you go straight to Pattaya you won't be out till 2.30am and you'll probably be asleep on your feet and there won't be much else but the discos open.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Thanks i think that's what i am going to do, but why Nana is there a reason or just their prices are cheap.

Nana is the epicentre of BKK's naughty nightlife. You will not have to walk more then a few 100 mtrs each way to find everything you need, from hotels, bars gogo's, freelancers, food. You cab be there in a whisk, where you'ld be hitting the Pattaya bars after closing time. Sure no biggee if you know where to go, but for a first time, you can not beat Nana for convenience. And to be fair, it is not like you're missing out by staying one night there, I'ld even argue to spend at least your last night there as well.

I have always gone straight to Pattaya and on a few trips stayed 2-3 nights in Nana at the end before flying home...  this works for me, and there's tons of places to go in Pattaya when you arrive and check in...  I have had a regular gal for 4 trips now that has shown up on my doorstep as I am getting out of the shower, but before that I never had to go more than 100 yards from my hotel to find an appropriate companion for my first night...

daddee is right...silly to dick around with a taxi to patts from the airport....2003,my second trip(Don Muang)I arrived at 12:00am, about 1:00am a young lad at arrivals asks me where im going, I tell him patts....he says 1500, no tolls....I know...I know...anyway, nice car, we go about ten minutes and he pulls onto a side street, no lights, dark as fuck and pulls up to some cars with about5 thai dudes standing around drinking. Now I got about 6 grand cash on me and my bag is locked in the trunk....thinking this might not be good. I get  out of the car and the young lad gets my bag and puts it in this fuckin beater and says this is your taxi and one of these drunk fucks with no teeth or shirt hops in, no English, sticks his hand out for each toll,stops to get himself a half pint, than cant find my hotel, had to call front desk to talk him in....sticks his hand out for a tip, since he chain smoked all the way to patts I reached in my bag and gave him a pack of smokes and 50B....thought me and him would dance right there....welcome to Thailand...lol.....moral of story...late night arrival....arrange for a driver.

omg, that sounds horrible!

I come from the west coast of the US and I think 6 of my 7 trips have been late night arrival...  United or Delta.

I always use PT Taxi, there's always a friendly guy waiting with my name on a sign in the arrivals area, 1000 baht, no tolls or bullshit, and they know where the hotel is!

the other thing about the meter taxis is they don't have seat belts...  at least the ones i have ridden in don't.

scary enough riding in anything in Thailand, to add no seat belts to the equation is not something I want to do.

daddee is right...silly to dick around with a taxi to patts from the airport....2003,my second trip(Don Muang)I arrived at 12:00am, about 1:00am a young lad at arrivals asks me where im going, I tell him patts....he says 1500, no tolls....I know...I know...anyway, nice car, we go about ten minutes and he pulls onto a side street, no lights, dark as fuck and pulls up to some cars with about5 thai dudes standing around drinking. Now I got about 6 grand cash on me and my bag is locked in the trunk....thinking this might not be good. I get  out of the car and the young lad gets my bag and puts it in this fuckin beater and says this is your taxi and one of these drunk fucks with no teeth or shirt hops in, no English, sticks his hand out for each toll,stops to get himself a half pint, than cant find my hotel, had to call front desk to talk him in....sticks his hand out for a tip, since he chain smoked all the way to patts I reached in my bag and gave him a pack of smokes and 50B....thought me and him would dance right there....welcome to Thailand...lol.....moral of story...late night arrival....arrange for a driver.

Rule number one, where ever you go : never put anything in the trunk. Keep everything with you at all time.

Anyway, we're not in 2003 anymore. Taxis are registered now, you get a paper with their number, airport keeps a copy... they know they are tracked.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about you but after 20+ hours of flying and getting in after 10 I always stay in Bangkok BUT very close to the airport. Check out BS residents on Agoda or hotels.com nice rooms and cheap. And airport transfers both ways. Just take it back the next morning and ride the bell buss in comfort down to Pattaya after a good nights sleep.

Not sure about you but after 20+ hours of flying and getting in after 10 I always stay in Bangkok BUT very close to the airport. Check out BS residents on agoda or hotels.com nice rooms and cheap. And airport transfers both ways. Just take it back the next morning and ride the bell buss in comfort down to Pattaya after a good nights sleep.

not me, I grab a cab to pattaya, get to my hotel, and have company in the room within an hour.

then sleep like a baby!

Archived