Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where Do Restaurants Get Their Oysters?

sunsandsurf

I eat oyster all the time in Thailand maybe once or twice every 2 days . I love them . Some time I get the shits ( rare ) most time I don't , it's worth it everytime I love them .

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Lots of very mixed info on oysters on here. I have been eating oysters in Thailand regularly for over ten years and live them.. They are large in the shell served on ice and eaten Thai style absolutely no way are the oysters I have eaten flown in from France etc.. Had them in Phuket rawai kho Samui etc but also in pattaya and even in Bangkok on Soi cowboy in the little eatery that serves food at front of Tilac ... Never ever had an issue do you think a Thai girl would order it if it wasn't fresh... These are Thai oysters produced in Thailand

But I also accept now that some places import at a cost to feed the oyster wine and beef snobs.. To me it's only local food and beer don't touch anything imported.. Travel half way across the world to eat and drink stuff you can get at your local supermarket . No thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I admit to being a food snob but the thing about oysters is that its not about how fresh they are, its about the parasites and even if it tastes fresh it doesnt matter .. I just wouldnt eat them raw (Thai oysters). 

• 3 weeks later...

An Aussie told me the Oysters in Bali were excellent so decided to have a crack.

They were great! Very similar to Sydney Rock Oysters just a bit smaller.

Kept in circulating seawater at the market and were fresh at 150bt equivalent per kilo.

Good to crack a few with a Bintang and a suck on a lime, feel like I had a vitamin shot!

IMG_20141011_233339.jpg

Thai oysters are huge bit like pacific oysters very similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of restaurants in Pattaya get their food from Makro, it's a supermarket where you have to buy food in bulk.  Two stores in town and if you shop in the morning you will always see customers buying pork, chicken, fish, steaks, seafood, veggies, etc. in big bulk.  

I shop there on occasions and the seafood is always fresh.

Thai oysters are huge bit like pacific oysters very similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah not big on the huge ones.

• 3 weeks later...

I will not be eating any raw seafood in Pattaya. You're asking to get sick.

The only oyster I eat in LOS is always fresh and between a BGs thighs...

Otherwise it's Bluff oysters only.. the supreme winner.

Well I'm goin on 60, I'm older than most. Won't be long now and all I'll be is a ghost

Lots of restaurants in Pattaya get their food from Makro, it's a supermarket where you have to buy food in bulk.  Two stores in town and if you shop in the morning you will always see customers buying pork, chicken, fish, steaks, seafood, veggies, etc. in big bulk.  

I shop there on occasions and the seafood is always fresh.

Yes and anyone can shop there just ask for a day ticket number at customer service desk when you go in.

Also sold at foodland shelled in a small container and also still intact in the shell. 

I have eaten both, cooked and raw from there many times never had a problem.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 3 months later...

Maybe off topic a bit, but on the last night of my September 2014 trip to Pattaya I ate at the seafood restaurant just up from PBG with

my LT, I decided to have some grilled garlic prawns, worst mistake ever. A short time later I was starting to feel sick and I knew

something was wrong so we returned to my hotel room.

So it turned out, that on my last night in Pattaya, my Teluk was in bed by herself and I was shitting and spewing my guts out into the

toilet bowl all night.

I think maybe I will avoid seafood when in Pattaya.

Depends on the seafood. Last trip, I went up to the market in Naklua and bought maybe 2.5k worth of seafood. At the market, that's a shitload, we were up to around 10 kg IIRC (including cockels, though, those things are heavy). Not any of it was bad, and we ate and ate until we finished maybe half. Then the guest of honour (who fell asleep after the first round, then wake up and ate a bit more) got to take the rest home. Fun times were had by all, and there was neither spraying nor spewing as a result.

Archived