IGNORED

visa 60 days do i have to use it on arrival swampy

bolton69

im planing to go Thailand and Vietnam  for about 1oo days , i want to get my 60 day visa before i go, but on arrival bkk airport i don't want them to use my 60 day visa only planing to stay Thailand for about 3 weeks then go to Vietnam, then use my 60 day visa on return to Thailand,  on arrival first day of trip, will they start my 60 day visa , if so any way round this, thanks bolton69

They will use the visa , no way around it .

Only way is to get a double entry visa and come back through the airport .

You can get a re-entry permit to keep the 60 day stay active but your time in Vietnam will count as part of the 60 days.

You can get a re-entry permit to keep the 60 day stay active but your time in Vietnam will count as part of the 60 days.

Re entry on a 60 day tourist visa ... never heard of it .

Even if it exists it's way easier to get a double entry instead of spending half a day and at least 1000Bht in Jomtiem .

They will use the visa , no way around it .

Only way is to get a double entry visa and come back through the airport .

Actually as I understand the new rules, you can get the full time on the second entry coming in overland, so long as you are not going out and coming back in right away. From what the OP is saying about being out of Thailand for a visit to Vietnam I think he should be fine with a double entry.  

Archived