IGNORED

Pattaya Coast cleaning started ?

Adazaba

Hi. You perhaps heard about the big Phuket Coast and National Parks cleaning by the NCPO.

They are giving back to public and/or nature area that should never have been built. :)

The NCPO promised to make similar work in Pattaya : http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/NewsEN/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNSOC5707210010002

From this week-end there were rumours that the Dusit Thani hotel, on North of Pattaya Beach, had to destroy its illegal constructions,

and right now, there are diggers at work on their "pool on the beach" area... (Sorry for the bad quality: far & zoomed)

103.jpg

Below is a GooleMap pic of the hotel: (The red circle is the area where the diggers are at work)

104.jpg

And now, who will be the next one ?

Fuck em. If you build on public land you have no right to build on, you deserve to have your shit torn down and be billed for the cost of restoring the land. 

I believe that all the business on the beachside of Walking st are on public land

Lets hope they dont do a Phucket on them

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

some pics taken yesterday lunchtime, north end of pattaya beach.......

aug 8 118_800x341.jpg

aug 8 119_800x457.jpg

aug 8 126_800x600.jpg

aug 8 135_800x600.jpg

cant see them taking all that down, pool repairs I bet

I guess you have not heard about the whole street of businesses that got torn down in Phuket.

yeah but if it were to be torn down im sure there would be more than 2 people with two diggers,there would be an army of them to prove a point not take it down over a matter of a few weeks

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

they have 3 diggers.

but if they are going to remove that point there is a huge volume of material to shift it's about 16/20 ft high

The army are reclaiming land all over Issan that has been used by people for generations in the areas designated as national parks.  Most of this is going on very quickly and little is broadcast about it due to the censorship in place.  We only know because we have family and friends that are affected near here.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Is the censorship to do with the coup?

Well considering the fact that through the artificial build by Dusit Thani hotel

The whole Northside of Pattaya beach was cut of  going up towards Naklua for normal tourists strolling on the beach

I always wondered how they got away with it maybe claiming an ownership on a few meters and blocking the few miles

Nice beaches round the corner at least for Pattaya standards  good to see they are open walkways again.

Regards

mrjd

The problem for the powers that be now is that by ignoring the well-documented Walking St encroachments, they will be seen as being a bit selective in their enforcement of "the rules".

I wouldn't count on Walking Street being untouched.  It would be interesting when they start on the Walking Street beach side establishment.

Just had a quick dig around ... it appears that there is/was a whole host of renovations taking place at The Dusit.  This is the current update ... read into it what you will.

Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 03.21.29.png

I believe that all the business on the beachside of Walking st are on public land

Lets hope they dont do a Phucket on them

I believe your beliefs are correct.

cant see them taking all that down, pool repairs I bet

Never seen a pool maintenance man using an excavator before!!

yeah but if it were to be torn down im sure there would be more than 2 people with two diggers,there would be an army of them to prove a point not take it down over a matter of a few weeks

I believe in other locations, prior to any enforced demolitions, owners of illegal constructions were given a period of time to make things good themself. Rather than waiting for the authorities to do any demolition and then receive a bill for the work.

they have 3 diggers.

but if they are going to remove that point there is a huge volume of material to shift it's about 16/20 ft high

Will come down easier than it went up.

It's interesting that they took on the big hotel establishment that has more resource at their backing in negotiation.

It's not too surprising the negotiation "failed" (if there ever was one).

Really interested to see what they would do with those platform extension out the back of Pattaya Beer Garden, Lucifer (I think), iBar, etc.

Looking out from back of iBar, you can see quiet a few with extension out into ocean.

It's interesting that they took on the big hotel establishment that has more resource at their backing in negotiation.

It's not too surprising the negotiation "failed" (if there ever was one).

Really interested to see what they would do with those platform extension out the back of Pattaya Beer Garden, Lucifer (I think), iBar, etc.

Looking out from back of iBar, you can see quiet a few with extension out into ocean.

If this does actually turn out to be an enforced demolition of an illegal construction. I bet there are a number of people watching and will be getting worried over the coming days.

Yes.  They are doing many things around here that are not publicised.  

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yes.  They are doing many things around here that are not publicised.

I will not say there is no censorship about NCPO actions, I don't know, but I doubt of any about actions on public lands. In recent weeks I saw many reports on Thai News Channels of places being "freed": national parks, lakes, rivers, sea... and it's everywhere in Thailand, from Chiang Rai to Phuket, and from Isaan to Myanmar.

Better get those photos of the WS beach side bars now so we can see the before demo and after demo shots.

Archived