Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Malaysian Airlines - would you?

brewster

Flying BKK to London is always expensive.  I'm looking at return flights (BKK-LHR) for two in October and Malaysian Airlines can do it for around 65,000 baht (for two) including tax, via KL. 

Seems like a good deal and I guess passenger numbers are down, so I bet we get plenty of room on the KL-LHR flight.   But.....................................

Would you?  Surely "lightening" doesn't strike three times?

I don't believe that the airline done anything wrong in either incidents. They are as safe as any other.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Who knows? Probabilities? How did you feel during the flight? I believe that you will be OK, but I have to finish same you, but .....

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I guess that depends on whether you believe in 'the rule of three' or not.

Logically MA should be as safe as any other airline.  However, I did read that as part of escaping the hoodoo that the recent tragedies have caused they are considering totally rebranding the airline with a different name and colours.  If they believe the travelling public is superstitious enough to avoid flying MA again, perhaps we should too.....

What's the overall price difference between MA and the next cheapest flight?  I know that logically it should be safe, but if the diff' was relatively small then personally I'd still fly with someone else.

Aside from that, if needs must, I'd still fly MA.  They have hundreds of flights in the air each week and it really would be a stroke of extreme ill-fortune for a third incident to happen.

The question is, how superstitious are you?

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I would take a chance , I nearly booked before the crash when I saw the Dublin to Bangkok flight for € 592 but with two stop over ( London & Kuala Lumpur) , then this week Etihad offered the same price but only one stop over (Abu Dhabi), I booked that . Won't be afraid to take on Mayalsian flight in future but of course I will be a bit nervous when getting on the plane .

Jocky do not lie! :LOL2:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I've been looking at flights and for the dates I want Malaysia are only 10% cheaper than flying direct with EVA, so I'll be booking EVA.

If they were 20 or 25% cheaper I'd book Malaysia.

I still think they're what they've always been, a reasonable 2nd or 3rd tier airline.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

It seems that three is the magic number 1 2 3 :Think1: 5555

BTW : cheap flights with Etihad

Why not? KUL isn't bad, as airports go.

Or do you mean that you'd rather change somewhere in the middle to make the two legs more equal? If so, I can recommend Qatar. Not sure what kind of prices you get BKK-LHR, though, but for me they often have among the cheapest (business) tickets for going ARN-BKK. And spiffy new planes, usually.

And to be on the original topic, I wouldn't mind going with Malaysia. If I was to worry about anything with them, it would be their financial state. But now that the government stepped in to buy back their shares off the market, things should be OK.

I actually flew from BKK to Australia and back with them last month. It was all right, I have no complaints. Not quite as fancy as, say, Emirates would have been, but then they were quite a bit cheaper too.

I'm going to try EVA and the Mid East airlines and see how much more expensive they are.  I don't fancy changing planes in KL...

EVA can be had for around 35k Baht in Oct .... easy to book on their website.

Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 23.17.08.png

Eva has 3-3-3 config in their 777's. Beats a 3-4-3 config! (Qatar also has the 3-3-3 config). Only important if you fly cattle class ofc. :)

I would. Just playing the odds. Havent u ever seen Final Destination? When your time is up u cant escape death anyways.

In a similar vein,do people think twice about booking a ticket for a plane that depart's on 9/11? which is the date I am looking at for my trip.I wouldn't fly on Malaysian which I know is ridiculous but I just don't fancy sitting in one.

I would be very wary of using them myself.

I saw the other day that they were offering really good prices for their flights, yet I just moved on to look at others.

I have to say I think it highly unlikely that anything would happen to them again, yet to put your life on it is a different bet!

Bill

In a similar vein,do people think twice about booking a ticket for a plane that depart's on 9/11? which is the date I am looking at for my trip.I wouldn't fly on Malaysian which I know is ridiculous but I just don't fancy sitting in one.

Flew to Vegas on 9/11 before... Plane was half full. 555

I would be very wary of using them myself.

I saw the other day that they were offering really good prices for their flights, yet I just moved on to look at others.

You really are not a risk taker aren't you. 5555

Anyone who's flying Malaysian now would have a niggle at the back of their mind, the airline though is still operating & has trans-continental flights every day. What are the odds, well lets say you don't know until you try. I would.

................................................................................................................

I can honestly say that their recent "setbacks" did not make a lick of difference to me when I booked them last time. Well, except that I got the tickets a bit cheaper than normal, I guess.

There's nothing wrong with the airline as such. They were on shaky ground financially there for a while, and even now I would probably not book tickets more than a month or three in advance, but fearing an airline because shit happened in close succession by mere coincidence, that's not my style.

looked at strictly logically, the odds for an accident are exactly the same than before the last or compared to other airlines so this is a GO. Gut feeling says you should fly as they just had two big crashes so there should be a loooong time until the next (although that would have been the same thought after the first...) so it's a GO as well. Only other thing would be that if they currently lose heaps of pasengers=money they might skimp on the odd checks or spare parts or the pilots might be uneasy so that'd be a cautious maybe.

Still 2:1 for flying with them in my books.

You really are not a risk taker aren't you. 5555

Nope!

Wouldn't want to be sat on it thinking 'well bugger me, it did happen a forth time!'

I know it is as safe as any airline, yet when you have the choice, why fly with one that is having a spate of bad luck!

Bill

I jumped on board! MEL-BKK return AUD 790. Booked 2 days ahead, TG was around $1200. I made it here ok.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Nope.

Regardless of the recent incidents; wouldn't fly MH before and won't likely fly MH in the future. They don't meet my criteria.

The only way it could happen a third time is if someone was targeting the company which is very unlikely given that it was in a freaking warzone. If anything, they would have become super-anal about safety now so probably better than other companies.

Countdown Clocks

Archived