IGNORED

Sheraton Pattaya Resort

Piece Corp

I wanted to check this place out, Lighthouse motif, remotely located on the point of Buddha Hill.  Grounds were nicely landscaped, three small pools and a private man-made beach.

DSC_9699.JPGDSC_9676.JPGDSC_9690.JPGDSC_9726.JPGDSC_9727.JPGDSC_9684.JPG

I received a complimentary upgrade to the deluxe room, 65 square meters, with a view of Koh Larn.  I particularly enjoyed the super-sized tub, comfortably accommodating two people.  I brought along a companion from Walking Street to bathe me, a small waterfall filled the tub, and a separate walk-in shower was also included.

DSC_9711b.JPGDSC_9716.JPG

The room was non smoking, but an adjacent circular balcony was attached to relax with a smoke or to be smoked.  The property features a 24 hour fitness center and a 24 hour business center where you can borrow free movies to play on your room's DVD player.

I booked at a promotional rate so breakfast and internet access were not included.  Breakfast buffet was 660++ served in their seaside restaurant, or served in your room for a few hundred baht more, and internet access was available for an additional 450++/day.  As a Cheap Charlie, I saved my complimentary fruit plate to use for breakfast: two apples, an orange, and some rambutan.  For internet, I topped up my sim and used 3G.

The Sheraton was indeed a great escape after spending several nights on Walking Street.  There was hardly anyone there, staff outnumbered the guests, and it was nice just to veg-out around the pool or beach for a short while, a love nest with that special someone.  However, unlike the Hilton, you can't just go next door for some cheap eats.  24 hour room service is available if you fancy a 400 baht plate of Pad Thai.  The hotel runs a free shuttle service to Central Festival between noon and 10 PM, the taxi mafia will try to screw you coming back late.  I would estimate it's about a 30-40 minute walk to WS, either coming down the hill or using the alternate route past the Bali Hai Pier.

I'd stay there again if it wasn't so damn expensive.

Retired

Archived