IGNORED

60 day visa?

az89

How long in advance can I apply for a 60day visa from a thai embassy in the UK please ?

Do I nominate a start date or is it dated on entry to Thailand?

Thank you.

How long in advance can I apply for a 60day visa from a thai embassy in the UK please ?

Do I nominate a start date or is it dated on entry to Thailand?

Thank you.

From the end of this month you wont need to apply from the Embassy.  Just travel on a 30 day exemption and get a further 30 days from Thai immigration.  Costs are comparable so up to you as they say.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Takes 5 days in Irish Post Box , we don't have Thai Embassy in Ireland , nearest is London , I think they send a Representive over to Dublin to sort all visa out . But 5 days is quick enough . I don't know about UK , I heard stories it takes two weeks , Hull, I think. Once you get visa stamped on passport , when entry Thailand , 60 days visa comes into play. Make sure you show the page to the visa control , I made a mistake last Xmas , they stamped a 30 day entry on different page , I never knew until I came to check out to go home , they told me that I overstayed 17 days , was in a panic , the staff took me to supervisor lady , she knew I genuine made a mistake not showing the 60 day visa stamp. Lesson learned . Luckily , She let me go without a fine, the fine would have cost me 8,500 bt .

From the end of this month you wont need to apply from the Embassy.  Just travel on a 30 day exemption and get a further 30 days from Thai immigration.  Costs are comparable so up to you as they say.

Yep :GoldenSmile1:

« But from August 29, these foreigners can apply to extend their stay at any immigration office for up to another 30 days – giving a maximum possible stay in Thailand of 60 days »

source :

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Tourists-walkin-visa-entries-get-30day-extensions/31290

don't forget to bring the money (1.900 baht) :GoldenSmile1:

seems a tourist visa for 60 days cheaper option than 1900baht extension

If I want to pay 'tracking' postage to the Embassy a TV is probably 2 quid dearer all in.  But without the hassle of visiting Jomtien immigration for the extention. 

Looks like a money machine.

TV in UK - 25 quid VS 1.900 baht (35 quid :What: )

for Canadian   dunno

It is (NOT) but this extension is a lot easier to get ... 

Little summary of 'my getting a tourist visa in Holland' last week . 

- Drive to Amsterdam (200km/2 way) . 

- Pay a lot on gas and parking fee .

- Brought copies of my airplane ticket/2 passport photos/and the right form .

- Getting rejected because there was a new rule in place since that

morning that people had to produce proof off income over the last

3 months .

- Being treated like shit in the Thai consulate by calling me a criminal and

a visa runner (one month Thailand followed by one month Cambodia and

so on isn't 'visa running' IMO) .  

- Going back home , get paperwork sorted , drive another 200km

(pay a lot on gas/parking fee again) .

- People in the consulate tread me like shit again (didn't get better 

after i told them that i probably will sell up in Thailand if they won't

change their attitude and would go spend my money in Cambodia

from now on ...555) . 

- Pay 40 Euro for the visa (single entry as they wouldn't give me a

double) and getting the passport send home (i hope) . 

Total cost over 100 Euros and a lot of time ... will be happy to spend

an hour in Jomtien and pay 1900Bht to get an extra month .  

In fact i would be very happy to pay 12x1900Bht to stay all year ... 

I was planning 60 day visa plus 30 day extension so the 30 plus 30 option is not for me.

Is the 60 days from the date I enter Thailand or a date pure determined when I apply for the visa?

I was planning 60 day visa plus 30 day extension so the 30 plus 30 option is not for me.

Is the 60 days from the date I enter Thailand or a date pure determined when I apply for the visa?

60 days from day of entry into Thailand.

Thank you would the 30 day extension run from the end of the 60 or from when I visited the immigration office to get it if I went on day 56

would I get just 30 days from then or 34 more days?

Thank you would the 30 day extension run from the end of the 60 or from when I visited the immigration office to get it if I went on day 56

would I get just 30 days from then or 34 more days?

You can go a few days before the visa ends and you still get the full 90 days .  

Looks like a money machine.

TV in UK - 25 quid VS 1.900 baht (35 quid :What: )

for Canadian   dunno

Thai embassy in Canada:

http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/visas/types-visas-periods-stay-fees/tourist-visa

A 60 day visa is $40 CAD, I got one last year (single entry). For me it's much easier/cheaper to do this than deal with Jomtien and 1900 baht. 

Until this is up and running I would not risk this strategy. It will probably work but it could go wrong if something unexpected is introduced.

If it is fairly convenient getting a tourist visa is the better option. It costs less, you don't have to spend a good bit of a day at immigration and it is a safer option.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Agree with Scumbag above post

Took x 3 days last month from  Belfast -->London   cost  about £6 extra Royal Mail for secure mail service (priority) I think .

It was quick and hassle free get a few weeks before travel.

Job is done no lost day hanging about the immigration office

Regards
mrjd

Until this is up and running I would not risk this strategy. It will probably work but it could go wrong if something unexpected is introduced.

If it is fairly convenient getting a tourist visa is the better option. It costs less, you don't have to spend a good bit of a day at immigration and it is a safer option.

Plus you won't have the possibility of airline staff insisting you must have an onward ticket within 30 days.

This extension of permission to  stay is not designed to replace a single entry TV.

It is for a change of circumstances. 

It has always been available for visa exempt entries but  now being extended from 7 days to  30 days.

You have to bring to immigration  with you.  A  flight ticket out of Thailand  within the 30 day extension period as well as the Tm 7.

When the immigration officer looks at your passport  and see's the date you arrived you could find yourself in a lot of sh#t.

But  if the airline you are flying with are doing the job properly you will not have this problem.

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

Archived