IGNORED

£444 LHR-BKK cheap isn't it?

baggy67

Looking on kayak at the moment,there are Lufthansa flights from Heathrow to Bangkok  26/8 to 9/9 with a 1hr 20min stopover for £444 rtn.Checking with the esteemed members of the forum,that is near to about as cheap as it gets these days isn't it? I am comparing it to August £700+ which looks a ripoff for non parents.

yes loads on the internet now for flights to bkk, all in the £450 range

Anything around the £450 mark is cheap...£528 direct with eva in Oct at the moment, will be keeping track from next weekend myself.

I always use skyscanner, then check with airlines. 

I've been looking at the same flights (give or take a few weeks) myself.

Anyone got any experience with Lufthansa long haul?

That's a great price. Reminds me of what I paid a few years back!

I think I'd still pay the extra £80 tho and go direct with Eva

I have never flown Lufthansa long haul but I am sure they will be fine. The only problem i see is that you have a change, the first leg is only 1 hour and the second is 11 hours. I have just book with Etihad for 13th August for £489. I have a stop, but both legs are about 6 hours each, and as I am a gold Member I can go into the business lounges.  My last trip home I flew Business class, and was lucky enough to get upgraded to first class. Had my own door!

Thanks for the answers guys,I can use it as yardstick.Thought it was a good price,but as you know prices fluctuate wildly from one week to the next.Gasping to go,moneys tight but suppose I will have to find a way.I've flown Eva before & they were very good.Etihad economy excellent too.Most uncomfortable was Air Asia,but you get what you pay for of course.

That is cheap shit , I booked the Etihad Airways last night for €593 for 10 th December to 31st January . This morning I tried to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming ... 5555

I have done the non stop flights with Eva and Thai Airways, but I find it drags and enjoy the time at a half way airport.

Also the above airlines used the old jumbos, that were very dated. One even had the single screen at the front bulkhead. I have heard that these jumbos have now been decommissioned, some or all, i don't know.

I would pay the extra to get on the 777 or Airbuses where you can get your legs under the seat in front and choice of 40+ films. 

I have done the non stop flights with Eva and Thai Airways, but I find it drags and enjoy the time at a half way airport.

Also the above airlines used the old jumbos, that were very dated. One even had the single screen at the front bulkhead. I have heard that these jumbos have now been decommissioned, some or all, i don't know.

I would pay the extra to get on the 777 or Airbuses where you can get your legs under the seat in front and choice of 40+ films. 

6 flights with EVA have all been 777. Flew with Thai April 2013 and all 747s had seat back IFE.

strong GBP right now, paid sub £440 for a 30 day stay in November....

I've been looking at the same flights (give or take a few weeks) myself.

Anyone got any experience with Lufthansa long haul?

yes done them , very good service, went with them from Birmingham  

I have the option of Luftsana as well for £440.. tempting but i think i'd rather spend the extra 50 quid and get Etihad.. I've been with them before and very happy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Booked for February, pleased with the price under £500 from Birmingham with Emirates with short stopovers in Dubai.

Bring it on Tommy.

post-41419-0-61433200-1408909176_thumb.jpg

I've been using EVA for many years, worth paying that little extra for a direct flight.

The direct EVA flight Heathrow to Bangkok return is in my opinion the best way to get to Thailand and it is worth paying a little extra for the direct flight - roll on October - EVA Air 68.

You can log out anytime you like but you can never leave.

babydollsaddict.gif

coad for etihad GRP003 THE 00 are numbers gives you 10% of your booking valid atm

Archived