IGNORED

Best Pattaya hospital for maternity care?

brewster

Many Pattaya hospitals seem to get bad reports.  Can any BM, whose wife/GF has gone through a pregnancy in Pattaya, recommend a Pattaya hospital that provides good antenatal care, through to the birth itself.  Price is not really an issue, as long as the service/care is worth paying for.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

My first son was born at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital via s-section.  During her pregnancy my wife was seen by a GYN there as well.  The service is excellent, but it is not cheap.  With our second son, she went to a clinic for the pre-natal care and he was delivered at Banglamung Hospital.  While not as plush and fancy at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, the care was excellent at half of the price.  She stayed in a private room while she was there, which was very nice.   The only downside to the public hospital / clinic experience was the time wasted waiting for everything. The second son had his first group of shots at Pattaya City Hospital free of charge, but the wait was 2+ hours.  We are now using Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for our two boys medical needs because it is quicker and there is more personal interaction with the Doctor.

Bottom line, if I were to do it again, I would more than likely used Bangkok Pattaya Hospital both times.

my GF had the baby in banglamung prob spelt wrong did not see the delivery room i rented a private room 1200 per day + 300 per day for nurse and DR to check total bill for 3 days under 5000 the private room was beter than a lot of hotels ive stayd in

Thanks altec (finally a reply - probably not surprising on a mongering board!)

I've heard good things about Banglamung too, but would prefer a more centrally located hospital.

We tried Pattaya Memorial.  Not overly impressed (long wait, quite expensive) but it was only for the initial scan, so time to choose an alternative.  Pattaya City on Bukaow is a good location but no idea how good their maternity unit is.

My wife and i used Bkk Ptty from start of care to the c-section.  Also happy with the doctor we use there now. 5 stars!

Brewst, a mate of mine has just had a baby born at Bangkok Pattaya and said the service and care was excellent.

Cheers.  I've had mixed reports and heard it's pricy.  But then again pretty much every private hospital gets mixed reports and is pricy!  I like Memorial because of its location, but will consider others.

Might be in Secrets on Wednesday.

Also, the guy that delivered my 2nd son has a OBY/GYN clinic located pretty much across the street from Big C Extra on North Pattaya Road.  Initially she was seen at another clinic and then was referred to this guy for the last month of the pregnancy since she was having a c section.  She only went to the hospital for the delivery.  He may be doing deliveries at the hospital on Soi Bukoaw as well.  

My son was born in the BKK Pattaya hospital. The service is outstanding. The nurses were in the room every 15 minutes just to see if she needed anything. 

One side topic. The doctor really pushed for a c-section. I regret that I didn't hold out and see if natural birth was possible. My wife has a few issues with pain due to c-section. I think they push for this because they can book a time slot for you and the whole procedure is over very quickly as opposed to a long natural birth which takes up much more time. 

I paid about 60k in total. My son had to be in the post natal intensive care for 3 days which pushed the bill up. I thought the price was very reasonable. I think they charge around 45k for everything if all goes well.

BPH  highly recommended, you feel very well looked after and they even do baby nursing classes to teach new mums stuff

They do a package deal for normal birth or C Section

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

• 3 weeks later...

Good information.  We are thinking more about moving out of the Philippines and live in Thailand. since I have an apartment in Pattaya the move would be simple. We were going to check BPH on our November-December and see what they offer.

We are also looking for a 1 bedroom apart too.

Baby no. 1, cost $40.00 US. Banglamung hospital. Somewhat rustic. Baby no 2. Sri Racha Hospital $600. US dollars. You make the call.

Thanks guys.  We're persisting with Memorial, although it's only 14 weeks.  It's a handy location for people who don't have transport and so far I have no complaints.

Archived