IGNORED

Jomtien Soi 9. Restaurants & Supermarket?

davidge

Planning well ahead for visit and liked the look of Jomtien Beach P******ses on Soi 9 but it doesn't appear to have a restaurant.

Does anyone on here know if there are restaurants within staggering distance and if there is a decent-sized supermarket or 7/11 close?

Thanks.

Edit: Having used street view on Google Earth, unless there's been a lot of development since Google were there, other than an Aussie Bar (walkabout?) it looked pretty quiet! Think I need to be closer to the start of Jomtien.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

baht buses run regular along beach road plenty restaurants ,bars along there,bars soi 5,7,whitehouse,northend beachroad ,market,

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Thanks.

Hard not to stumble across a 7/11 or Familymart around there

No big supermarket close, but 10 minutes to Foodmart 24hr western market on the Baht Bus route.

No shortages of restaurants either.

Thanks for the reply. Looking at this place as well as Fifth the Residence & VT 2,5,7 at the moment.

Plenty of time to decide. Don't know Jomtien at all but haven't really fancied any of the hotels I've come across yet.

vt 2 or 5 are good locations right on baht bus route to pattaya,loads of bars etc within walking distance,from vt 5 you can walk from condo direct on to beach.vt 2 just across road 10 min walk to beach,5 newer building more modern than 2 but more expensive,great pools at 2a or b.stayed many times in 2 easy to get into town but far enough out for relaxing.

Thanks again. VT2A is now my favourite. Just can't get prices from Dancewatchers! Think I'll have to pick one of their best condos make a booking request and if it's too expensive then change to a lower one...then repeat until I get one that's cheap enough :-)

stayed with Dancewatchers a few times got some nice rooms.check out their site,prices from 700 night cheaper if your staying monthly,you can email tik the girl that runs it she replies quick.theres a couple of agents on the ground floor who rent out condos monthly rates from 14000 up always vacancies even high season.theres a guy got an bar/office ground floor rents daily i turn up rent for a couple days then have look whats available always plenty choice and price options.

I did email Tik and was surprised to get a quick reply as it was 9pm Thai time!

I don't think I made my questions clear enough so the reply didn't help as much as I'd hoped.

No worries. Booking flight next week so I'll send a booking info form from the website then. Im planning well in advance so no rush to book something, I'm slowly getting used to the Dancewatchers website but find it very difficult to navigate!

low season now if you get no joy with web site,just turn up plenty rooms available now.you can then view the rooms avaiable and pick the best option for yourself.if going later in year there be plenty of choice.booked through skyscanners last month 480 return six month ticket good flight times 2hr stopovers give them a try .dancewatchers site easy to navigate once you get the hang of loads info on there also regarding area etc

• 2 months later...

There are a couple of restaurants  on Jomtien soi 9. They are in the guesthouses. Rich man Poor man is very good!

I highly recommend Dancewatchers.  I stayed in View Talay 2 in May and it was a great location in Jomtien.  If you email Tik she always gets back to you quickly.  Love her condos.  Going to try VT6 next May for a change of pace but reserved through Dancewatchers again due to the great service!  

I gave up on Dancewatchers in the end. Perhaps it was because I was booking well in advance so they thought it wasn't urgent!

They quoted an 'average' price for a condo in VT2A and said to ask about specific condo for confirmation. Picked a couple and they were very expensive - much higher than the average they stated. Asked for something cheaper and they suggested one that was still double the 'average'. I could gave gone on passing message after message and got nowhere. I don't understand how someone can run a holiday letting business and not give any idea of price on the website for VT2A.

In the end, I booked a condo in VT7 where the prices are clearly stated on the website and the renter gave quick, detailed answers.

Just wish my trip wasn't still so far away!

• 11 months later...

Phil Christy is the guy who rents out from an office on the ground floor. Turn right when you go in towards the swimming pool. www.philscondos.com

restaurants everywhere and if you are talking about beach road soi 9 there is rich man poor man, one of the best around town

Foolland will be open on threpprasit next year

restaurants everywhere and if you are talking about beach road soi 9 there is rich man poor man, one of the best around town

Foolland will be open on threpprasit next year

I always though the existing Jomtien Foodland was a gold mine. I saw it up for sale a few years back! The owner just got out in time, as the new Foodland will really impact the old Foodlands profits.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Daryle

I gave up on Dancewatchers in the end. Perhaps it was because I was booking well in advance so they thought it wasn't urgent!

They quoted an 'average' price for a condo in VT2A and said to ask about specific condo for confirmation. Picked a couple and they were very expensive - much higher than the average they stated. Asked for something cheaper and they suggested one that was still double the 'average'. I could gave gone on passing message after message and got nowhere. I don't understand how someone can run a holiday letting business and not give any idea of price on the website for VT2A.

In the end, I booked a condo in VT7 where the prices are clearly stated on the website and the renter gave quick, detailed answers.

Just wish my trip wasn't still so far away!

Dancewatchers business is suffering from being too successful in my view, as the level of service has been reduced while the asking prices are climbing.

Daryle

I always though the existing Jomtien Foodland was a gold mine. I saw it up for sale a few years back! The owner just got out in time, as the new Foodland will really impact the old Foodlands profits.

are you talking about Foodmart

There has been a Foodmart here a long time, okay but pricey.    Foodland will open here next year, for the first time

The one beside the airport bus station I'm talking about.

Foodmart, 24 hours and the only one. Foodland will open around the corner, bigger, better, cheaper and will have great food too

Thanks for the reply. Looking at this place as well as Fifth the Residence & VT 2,5,7 at the moment.

Plenty of time to decide. Don't know Jomtien at all but haven't really fancied any of the hotels I've come across yet.

Have a look on https://www.airbnb.comsome reasonable condos listed

Jomtien has a TOPS Shop now

very small. not much more than 711 just bigger

Jomtien has a TOPS Shop now

They had one in the same location before and closed it to open a Family Mart which sucks (I rarely go into a Food Mart).  They recently closed the Family Mart and opened the Tops again.  While small, they have a decent selection of things which can tide you over until I can get the Tesco or Big C for  a regular shopping.  The soup stand outside of the Tops is excellent as well.  Eat there all of the time.

• 1 year later...

Dancewatchers business is suffering from being too successful in my view, as the level of service has been reduced while the asking prices are climbing.

I realize that I am replying to a dated thread, but thought I would comment anyway.

I am using Dancewatchers for my trip that begins in 10 days. This is the first time I am using them and they were recommended to me by a few friends.

I have been very impressed with the communication from Tik. The web site seems ok to me. I have no idea what the site was like, back when a negative comment was made above. 

Archived