IGNORED

KL Stopover Question

ProudAussie

Plan on flying to KL from Melbourne,got 1 hr stop over in KL do I need to go thru customs again for my flight to Bkk ?

Cheers

PA

No mate.

So you just transfer from 1 plane to another ? 

Once u get off at KL you will go through the transit hall to check in for your next flight, and then through a quick security check.  You don't go through immigration. Straight into airport departures

What's your exact itinerary??

1 hr Stopover but did not know if we get off the plane or get on another one ...never did stop over before.

As long as your booked on the one itinerary and not seperate tickets you just need to change gate. What airline

No u don't go out of customs and back in again.  There will be a transfer desk where you get sent up to departures.

I assume your bags are checked through to Bangkok. 

If for some weird reason you are flying up with one airline then another, with bags checked in, you would need to clear customs go pick up bags and check in again. No way you would make a one hour connection in this case....

As long as your booked on the one itinerary and not seperate tickets you just need to change gate. What airline

Malaysia 

No u don't go out of customs and back in again.  There will be a transfer desk where you get sent up to departures.

I assume your bags are checked through to Bangkok. 

If for some weird reason you are flying up with one airline then another, with bags checked in, you would need to clear customs go pick up bags and check in again. No way you would make a one hour connection in this case....

only got carry on..my luggage is in my room in Patts

Yeh I use Malaysian. If everything was booked on the one itinerary you will get two tickets when you check in at Melbourne. 1 to get to kuala Lumpur and the 2nd for your onward flight. In which case you will have all your bags checked through to final destination for you.

It's a nice airport as well.

MAS should be fine. But on recent trips to Shanghai with both Singapore and Cathay, the connection became less than an hour due to the incoming plane arriving late, so the checked bag did not make the connection.  Fill in form at arrivals in Bangkok and they will send it to your hotel, but this is drama.

Avoid drama by only taking carry on, if humanly possible.

MAS should be fine. But on recent trips to Shanghai with both Singapore and Cathay, the connection became less than an hour due to the incoming plane arriving late, so the checked bag did not make the connection.  Fill in form at arrivals in Bangkok and they will send it to your hotel, but this is drama.

Avoid drama by only taking carry on, if humanly possible.

only got carry on..my luggage is in my room in Patts

I hour connection with MAS at KL - no problems. Piece of piss, done it plenty o times. Bit of a skate job if you arrive at the satellite terminal and your connecting flight is at the main terminal or vice versa. 

Plan on flying to KL from Melbourne,got 1 hr stop over in KL do I need to go thru customs again for my flight to Bkk ?

Cheers

PA

Once u get off at KL you will go through the transit hall to check in for your next flight, and then through a quick security check.  You don't go through immigration. Straight into airport departures

This is how it is always done when you have to get a connecting flight to another country. You will stay in the airport until your next flight leaves. The only exception would be if your connecting flight is in the same country  For example, if you had to stop in BKK to get a flight to Chiang Mai, I believe you would have to go through customs in BKK if you arrive from another country.

This is how it is always done when you have to get a connecting flight to another country. You will stay in the airport until your next flight leaves. The only exception would be if your connecting flight is in the same country  For example, if you had to stop in BKK to get a flight to Chiang Mai, I believe you would have to go through customs in BKK if you arrive from another country.

At BKK the procedures depend on which city you are connecting to and whether or not you are already in possession of a boarding pass.  

At BKK the procedures depend on which city you are connecting to and whether or not you are already in possession of a boarding pass.  

Thanks for the info. In the U.S., you have to get your luggage and go through customs.

Does anyone know what time check in counter closes at Melbourne Airport for your flight out ?? My flight is 7.40am BUT i have to get a train to the AP first train leaves at 4.17am, arrives at Station at 5.20am then a bus to AP takes 20 minutes.

Will I make the check in deadline ?

Does anyone know what time check in counter closes at Melbourne Airport for your flight out ?? My flight is 7.40am BUT i have to get a train to the AP first train leaves at 4.17am, arrives at Station at 5.20am then a bus to AP takes 20 minutes.

Will I make the check in deadline ?

I reckon. Its usually 30-40 minutes before departure. You'd be there by 6am or shortly after.

I usually check in online anyways. They have a dedicated queue to drop your bag and check documents which is shorter than the main check in queue.

Have fun.

I reckon. Its usually 30-40 minutes before departure. You'd be there by 6am or shortly after.

I usually check in online anyways. They have a dedicated queue to drop your bag and check documents which is shorter than the main check in queue.

Have fun.

Barring train delays I should have about 90 minutes to spare.

Archived