IGNORED

How much should I ask for a taxi to pattaya from Bangkok?

DjChris28

Hi,

I need a quick answer for this. How much should I ask the fare in a taxi from Bangkok airport to pattaya? I'm thinking 1200? Is this too low? Or about right?

1200 to 1500 from Airport ok if getting on arrivals level 4

Make sure at 1500 Tolls included and ask if tgey are at 1200

Also ask if using Highway was not all and will use slower road and no Tolls needed

Ghosty

Why not just pre book 1

1000 baht

Hi,

I need a quick answer for this. How much should I ask the fare in a taxi from Bangkok airport to pattaya? I'm thinking 1200? Is this too low? Or about right?

not a cent over 1000B, email MrT 

mr t.jpg

Dayo...

not a cent over 1000B, email MrT 

how far in advance should I book?

Looking in the Transportation and Travel section of the forum would have discovered multiple recent taxi threads, and a pinned topic about Transportation to Pattaya.

Not to mention all the other Newbie Advice and Barstool Banter threads asking about Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya taxis...  :Think1:

Mr T is the way to go. I usually contact him at least a week in advance. 1000bht from BKK to Pattaya, 900bht on the return.

From Bkk (Asoke, thonglor, ekkamai), pay between 1000 and 1200.

how far in advance should I book?

week or two should be fine.... i been using him for 6 years never let me down once

Dayo...

Mr T is a better option because they know Pattaya.  BKK taxis will do the run but can get lost in Pattaya or do dumb shit things like turning in at Pattaya North Road when you are staying in Phratamnak/South Pattaya.  Not fund spending an hour stuck in downtown Pattaya traffic jam on Beach Road.

1 K - 1100 including toll money  is OK for me.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Book Mr T

I have used this service for 10 years now and never had a problem.

I think the going rate with him is 1000 baht including tolls.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yeah if you grab a taxi on the street, it will be quite fast to find one for around 1K but you need to go exactly where you stay (have a map or make him call the hotel) cause most of bkk taxi don t know pattaya's hotels.

Mr T is a better option because they know Pattaya.  BKK taxis will do the run but can get lost in Pattaya or do dumb shit things like turning in at Pattaya North Road when you are staying in Phratamnak/South Pattaya.  Not fund spending an hour stuck in downtown Pattaya traffic jam on Beach Road.

This......last year I got my TGF to come down from BKK in a taxi....she called me when they hit the lights on the main drag (not sure of the road name) which I know is about 10 to 15 minutes from Sabai Lodge, Soi 2. She arrived over an hour later.

Mr Ts drivers know Pattaya

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Areca Lodge have a mention in there hotel book Mr T is not allowed to enter the hotel grounds due to the Taxi firm not being of a good enough standard whatever that means ,, how ever the bell boy Is allowed to carry guests baggage to the road outside the hotel to the Mr T Taxi .

Without booking taxi. 4th floor - 1000baht + 60 highway

Butterfly, maomao, ting tong, Yuri always  :Drunk1:

33 years. 14 trips to Pattaya! 15h trip November-December

ibar and soi6 guy 🇹🇭

From Sukhumvit, I hail a cab and ask if they want to take me to Pattaya for 1100 baht including tolls. Some say yes, some say no, some ask for more. If they counter with 1200, I'll usually say OK. I might save a 100 or 200 by pre-booking, but if I'm not arriving at the airport or catching a flight, I prefer the flexibility of just hailing a cab when I'm ready to roll. Sometimes I think about taking the bus, but in the taxi to Ekamai, the driver usually makes an offer to take me all the way to Pattaya for 1100-1200 and I say OK.

Don't mean to hijack the thread.

But why do people don't take the bus for 10x less? is it too long or cramped? I know it is only 20$ but why?

Don't mean to hijack the thread.

But why do people don't take the bus for 10x less? is it too long or cramped? I know it is only 20$ but why?

To some people it's not a lot of money for the convenience. From the USA could spend 45k-60k baht round trip. After a long flight it's not a big deal to spend 1k baht more just for some comfort, avoiding other tourists, and control of where you go and stop. 

To some people it's not a lot of money for the convenience. From the USA could spend 45k-60k baht round trip. After a long flight it's not a big deal to spend 1k baht more just for some comfort, avoiding other tourists, and control of where you go and stop.

That's what i tought. Thanks

for many it's also the time factor. Depending on your arrival (and bus seats available, although this is a minor factor as usually there are) you might have to wait up to an hour for the next bus to go. Most folks just want to get to Patts asap hence taking the pricier option for not having to wait again after a long haul flight.

Sometimes the next bus to Pattaya is booked and you have to wait another hour. Also, the bus stops several times along the way to drop off passengers, further extending the travel time. Finally, you have to pay to get from the bus depot to where you're going, so that increases the cost of the bus option. For me, the bus up is fine, the bus back to Pattaya isn't worth the savings.

Archived