IGNORED

Tint on car windows

The Sly Fox

The new car I'm about to buy actually comes out the factory with a 20% tint in all windows. But further tinting is offered to me as a freebie. I saw a car today that they had got ready for its new purchaser and they had put additional 40% tint on windshield and 60% tint on side and rear windows. Apparently all the Thais want this as it's cooler.

But this seems like way too much tint to me and would be dangerous at night making it more difficult to see some fucker riding a motorcycle without lights. So I can opt out of having the extra tint and they'll knock a further 2000Bt off the price.

Any you guys have anything good or bad to say about tint?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Tint will reduce vision at night, like wearing sunglasses would. Best advice would be to see if you can have a look inside some ones car at night who has a heavy tint and see if you would be happy driving like that.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Yep, reckon I'll take it with the standard 20%. If down the track I have a need for extra tint then can add it fast and easy.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Something to keep in mind. Accidents of opportunity are fairly common in pattaya. What does this mean? If you as a farang driving a vehicle without tinted windows can be seen, you may be singled out for an opportune money making accident.

I have a new vehicle with 80% on all windows with the exception of the windshield which is 60% no issues with night driving.

Posted Image

Something to keep in mind. Accidents of opportunity are fairly common in pattaya. What does this mean? If you as a farang driving a vehicle without tinted windows can be seen, you may be singled out for an opportune money making accident.

I have a new vehicle with 80% on all windows with the exception of the windshield which is 60% no issues with night driving.

Interesting point and something to consider further. As Pepe suggested I think I'd better try a friends car at night with the heavier tint and see how I find it.

I hired a car a while back which had heavy tints. Driving at night was scary. I could barely see out of the side/back windows. I had to drive with the side windows wound down. Stupid. Are they really cooler, surely you can just turn up the air con.

I hired a car a while back which had heavy tints. Driving at night was scary. I could barely see out of the side/back windows. I had to drive with the side windows wound down. Stupid. Are they really cooler, surely you can just turn up the air con.

Yes, the first car I bought in LOS, 20-something years ago, 2nd hand, previous owner a Thai had put a really heavy/dark film on all windows. It was ridiculous. Like you say I was at intersections and had to wind down the side windows in order to see clearly. A few days later I went to a window tint shop and had that film removed and a much lighter one put on.

Archived