IGNORED

What do you think about herpes?

crumbs

There's a lot of stigma about genital herpes in the US, not sure about other countries.

Condoms are only 30-50% effective against herpes and it stays with you for life. 

Something like 25% of people have it and it's probably a lot higher in sex workers and mongers.

But what's really so bad about it? It's basically outbreaks of cold sores once in a while? And many people never even get any symptoms.

It's dangerous for newborns, but for adults it seems to be pretty harmless.

Is it something you worry about? 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dunno never had em , i always thought he was a greek god :GoldenSmile1:  

worry will not save you.

if you enjoy sex, you could easily pick it up from home, or anywhere in the world.

i dont worry about it. im aware of it, as is anyone. take precautions same as anyone should. stay clean, stay healthy, make sure your girls stay clean, if your girl doesnt want to shower together with you, if she wants the lights off, or hides herself, just say no.

any good girl will be thinking same about you as you are of her.

i worry more about snakes.

There's a lot of stigma about genital herpes in the US, not sure about other countries.

Condoms are only 30-50% effective against herpes and it stays with you for life. 

I don't know where you got this 30 - 50% figure from, but that is not my understanding.

Really depends if it is HSV 1 or HSV 2. HSV 2 has a higher genital recurrence rate and can get nasty. HSV 1 sometimes may never come back. HSV + people have a slight resistance to HIV.

Countdown Clocks

worry will not save you.

if you enjoy sex, you could easily pick it up from home, or anywhere in the world.

i dont worry about it. im aware of it, as is anyone. take precautions same as anyone should. stay clean, stay healthy, make sure your girls stay clean, if your girl doesnt want to shower together with you, if she wants the lights off, or hides herself, just say no.

any good girl will be thinking same about you as you are of her.

i worry more about snakes.

Lights on won't help if lesions are inside the vag or if there's asymptomatic shedding. I read a statistic somewhere that 70% of new infections happen when a partner shows no symptoms.

I don't know where you got this 30 - 50% figure from, but that is not my understanding.

Here's the 30% article:

http://www.webmd.com/genital-herpes/news/20090713/condoms-help-cut-risk-of-genital-herpes

There are some studies that claim 50% rate, but the point is condoms aren't that effective against herpes.

Here's the 30% article:

http://www.webmd.com/genital-herpes/news/20090713/condoms-help-cut-risk-of-genital-herpes

There are some studies that claim 50% rate, but the point is condoms aren't that effective against herpes.

The article doesn't explain exactly how you can get herpes when using a condom. I find this very curious. Perhaps condom users are not putting on the condoms correctly, or perhaps the condoms are coming off during sex.

The article doesn't explain exactly how you can get herpes when using a condom. I find this very curious. Perhaps condom users are not putting on the condoms correctly, or perhaps the condoms are coming off during sex.

"HSV-2 is the virus that typically causes genital herpes, a lifelong viral infection. Transmission of HSV-2 is mainly from skin contact in areas that may not be covered by a condom"

The risk with Herpes is that if you have an outbreak, perhaps one that is too small to see or be aware of, the breaks in your skin mean you are more likely to catch other STD infections.

Apparently with the rise of oral sex the distinction between HSVI being face and HSV2 being genitals is being eroded with a lot more cases of HSV2 seen on the face area.

You don't wear the condom the whole time do you? Herpes can be transmitted through any skin to skin contact - from kissing, cuddling, oral sex, sex, sleeping naked in each other's arms!

But as the OP says, it's just cold sores and although some unlucky people can get a severe case for the vast majority it is just an irritant.

Some who have herpes are asymptomatic shedders, meaning they shed the virus even though they have no symptoms

http://www.webmd.com/genital-herpes/news/20110412/genital-herpes-silent-spread

Which means, there are guys who have sex with others and never tell them they have herpes, and put these people at risk even though they don't currently have any outward physical symptoms.

Isn't that a moral/ethical issue?

Just put two and two together in a high risk sexual environment like Pattaya, and you get the picture.

It may not be as big a deal as HIV, but at the same time, treating it like it's something minor like a sore throat is wrong IMO. It does in fact cause a lot of distress and anxiety, and other potential health complications.

What do you tell your partner, or do you tell them at all? I remember an old friend who was dating a girl years ago, he was pissed when he found out she had herpes (she didn't tell him when they first started dating and were intimate, and not sure how he found out).

It certainly should bother you if you have a conscience and consideration for other people, certainly sex workers who already put their lives and health on the line giving us all pleasure, in order to feed their families and support themselves.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Some who have herpes are asymptomatic shedders, meaning they shed the virus even though they have no symptoms

http://www.webmd.com/genital-herpes/news/20110412/genital-herpes-silent-spread

Which means, there are guys who have sex with others and never tell them they have herpes, and put these people at risk even though they don't currently have any outward physical symptoms.

Isn't that a moral/ethical issue?

Just put two and two together in a high risk sexual environment like Pattaya, and you get the picture.

It may not be as big a deal as HIV, but at the same time, treating it like it's something minor like a sore throat is wrong IMO. It does in fact cause a lot of distress and anxiety, and other potential health complications.

What do you tell your partner, or do you tell them at all? I remember an old friend who was dating a girl years ago, he was pissed when he found out she had herpes (she didn't tell him when they first started dating and were intimate, and not sure how he found out).

It certainly should bother you if you have a conscience and consideration for other people, certainly sex workers who already put their lives and health on the line giving us all pleasure, in order to feed their families and support themselves.

If it's asymptomatic they might not know they have it! In fact, I'd estimate there are many, many bargirls who have herpes without realising it.

I understand where you're coming from and any herpes sufferer who has sex during an outbreak is being extremely thoughtless, but surely you don't expect herpes sufferers to abstain from P4P sex altogether?

Best avoided

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

If she catches herpes from me, it's her fault. For not practicing safe sex.

If it's asymptomatic they might not know they have it! In fact, I'd estimate there are many, many bargirls who have herpes without realising it.

I understand where you're coming from and any herpes sufferer who has sex during an outbreak is being extremely thoughtless, but surely you don't expect herpes sufferers to abstain from P4P sex altogether?

Best avoided

Herpes or sex??

Herpes or sex??

herpes :-)

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Take a good look at the Y. Sure it's not guaranteed but it can't hurt, especially if you see something really nasty down there, warts, etc.

Do the mamasans still send their girls for weekly checkups in Pattaya, or is that all a thing of the past?

Herpes?  There's nothing to worry about...  :SoWhat1:

herpes-zoster-287.jpg

Still not convinced?

More disgusting herpes pics

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Meh...herpes is pretty common and chances are if you have had any significant amount of hook ups you have on form or another. Very easy to get and condoms will not prevent it. When you have sex with a condom you still get the girls fluids all over your pubic region and that is all it really takes.

I had one flare up my freshman year of college and since then no sign. I keep a script for valtrex just in case, but nada.

Herpes is common and can be spread just as easily when bonking girls back home.

Well I don't know. 

What do you think? I mean, I know you and others think it's ok to engage in P4P, but at the same time, how do you and others know for certain that you aren't asymptomatically shedding? Only a blood test and examination by a doctor can confirm that.

I don't think it's fair to the girls at all or other mongers to just say, oh, many people have herpes, no big deal, so feel free to have high risk sexual activity with prostitutes.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

"so feel free to have high risk sexual activities with prostitutes" WTF!

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Something like 25% of people have it and it's probably a lot higher in sex workers and mongers.

But what's really so bad about it? It's basically outbreaks of cold sores once in a while? And many people never even get any symptoms.

It's dangerous for newborns, but for adults it seems to be pretty harmless.

Is it something you worry about? 

I am glad you bring this up in the health section as it allows to correct a longstanding misconception. Hepres is first and foremost a dietary issue. It disallows you from dining at the Y.

Well I don't know. 

What do you think? I mean, I know you and others think it's ok to engage in P4P, but at the same time, how do you and others know for certain that you aren't asymptomatically shedding? Only a blood test and examination by a doctor can confirm that.

I don't think it's fair to the girls at all or other mongers to just say, oh, many people have herpes, no big deal, so feel free to have high risk sexual activity with prostitutes.

When you look at the stats it's crazy to think that herpes is going to stop anyone doing anything!

People are often surprised to learn how common genital herpes (HSV-2) is. And looking at the data, about 42 million Americans would be in for a more personal “surprise” if they got tested for it today. To what extent is herpes common? Read on for genital herpes statistics that may surprise you. Fortunately, herpes is highly manageable and people who get it can still have healthy love and sex lives, as the data also shows. These numbers focus mainly on United States genital herpes statistics. Please also keep in mind that these statistics only account for genital herpes caused by the HSV-2 strain!

Herpes Statistics Genital Herpes in the USA How Common is Herpes

How many people have genital herpes?

About one out of five people in the United States has genital herpes.

That’s more than 50 million people in the United States who have genital herpes.

85% of people with genital herpes don’t know they have it.

That’s 42 million Americans who are unaware they have genital herpes.

Genital herpes is the most prevalent viral STD.

Men vs. Women with genital herpes

About 25% of women have genital herpes. That’s one in four.

About 20% of men have genital herpes. That’s one in five.

Symptoms and Outbreaks

A study showed that of infected women, 60% had never had any symptoms or outbreaks.¹

The average number of outbreaks in those who have them is 4 or 5 outbreaks per year. However, some people only have one or two outbreaks and never experience one again.

Asymptomatic carriers, those without outbreaks, can still spread herpes, though usually half as often as those who have symptoms.²

Transmission rates

The likelihood of passing genital herpes to a partner is highest during an outbreak (times when a sore is present).

When a person is not experiencing an outbreak, there is a 4-10% chance of transmitting it. (Studies vary)

According to studies done by Valtrex, these are the rates of transmission per year of regular sex:

If partners avoid sex during outbreaks: 4% chance transmission from female to male; 8% male to female

If partners also use condoms or antiviral medication: 2% female to male; 4% per year male to female

If partners also use condoms and antiviral medications: 1% female to male; 2% male to female

Herpes Statistics in Specific Populations

Genital herpes affects more Black than White Americans: 39.2% of the overall Black population, with 48% of Black women affected.³

The largest increasing population is white teenagers.⁴

One in four American teenagers has an STD.

50-75% of unmarried American women between 45 and 50 have genital herpes.⁵

Globally, an estimated 536 million people are infected.⁶

How Common is Herpes-1? Oral Herpes Statistics (HSV-1)

50-80% of Americans have oral herpes (HSV-1).

Conclusions

The big take-aways form these numbers are that:

Genital Herpes Statistics and Transmission Rates in Couples - herpes common1. Is herpes common? Herpes is more common than many might think, and a lot of people are unaware they are infected and may not even have symptoms to tip them off. Unfortunately, when clinicians give “standard” STD check-ups, they don’t include tests for HSV-1 or HSV-2, unless it is specifically requested. This only exacerbates herpes’ prevalence and the ignorance around it.

2. Many couples have a healthy sex life and still never transmit it to the uninfected partner. Taking precautions like avoiding sex during and around the time of an outbreak, using condoms and taking antiviral medication like Valocyclovir (Valtrex) or Acyclovir drastically reduces the likelihood of transmission. The statistics indicate that it’s possible to get your chances of transmitting HSV-2 down very low.

Note: Not all genital herpes statistics are consistent from study to study. Most say 25% of American women have the virus, and 20% of American males. Other studies show slightly lower numbers. The studies with slightly lower numbers refer to people from 14 to 49, while the higher number studies are based on all people over 12. This is the reason, at least to the best of my knowledge.

http://justherpes.com/facts/genital-herpes-statistics-us-hsv2/

Archived