Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Travel Insurance-Any Recommended For Aussies

ozzieguy22

Hi Guys

Just wondering what Insurance people choose when flying from Australia to Thailand ?

Priced well and worth the money, Not after the cheapest but some travel insurance that is fine for a few weeks a couple of times a year.

Thanks in advance for any information that is helpful.

Have a look at insureandGo.com.au And also virgin money travel insurance. I have purchased them both before but never made a claim. I have used qbe before and made a claim with them. I was in a bangkok hospital for 6 nights , they were fantasic and everything with qbe and the hospital was first class.

Have a look at insureandGo.com.au And also virgin money travel insurance. I have purchased them both before but never made a claim. I have used qbe before and made a claim with them. I was in a bangkok hospital for 6 nights , they were fantasic and everything with qbe and the hospital was first class.

Thanks  will have a look

Suggest you also check out credit card offerings.

I believe for example if you have a Platinum Credit Card some offer free travel insurance provided some part of your trip is paid with the credit card.

http://www.covermore.com.au/

Travel inconveniences can be small and mundane, like a lost passport, or huge and extraordinary, like a tsunami. Cover-More Australia gives you protection for the widest range of mishaps—from a minor travel delay to a hospital stay to an emergency evacuation from a natural disaster.

Think all travel insurance policies provide this range of cover? Think again. Read the fine print, and you’ll see that Cover-More offers an incredibly high level of cover.

Recently we have covered travellers who were affected by:

• The Chilean volcanic ash cloud which closed down Australian airspace
  • Natural disasters, including earthquakes and tsunamis that caused travellers to cancel their travel plans
  • Civil unrest that resulted in travel warnings from the Australian government
  • Transport strikes that caused flight delay

Had TI on my first few trips o/s but dont take out TI anymore.... :Think1:

Most credit cards offer free cover for six months and it is good coverage usually with Allianze co. I now stay away for 8 months plus and have found Virgin money or Budget Direct good cover and choice for a reasonable price.

SCTI - I've never had issues and I claimed a few thousands dollars once, albeit not a Thailand trip.

Since 25 july but I receive the info only today

Take a look here,

http://www.tourismthailand.org/ThailandTravelShield/

"Tourism Authority of Thailand has cooperated with top non-life insurers ; Muang Thai Insurance, Chao Phaya Insurance, Siam City Insurance and Krungthai Panich Insurance gladly to offer “special travel insurance exclusively for foreign tourists” who will travel to Thailand in the form of online insurance which is convenient and provides instant coverage.

Im usually in thailand for 2 week trips, travel insurances comes in at less than $100. Sites such as those mentioned earlier or comparethemarket.com.au can help.

A word of warning though there arent many providers that cover you for motorcycle accidents or if you have already left australia (try travelinsurancedirect)

m8 go with Covermore Insurance! They have a section where you can be fully insured for medical cost when in an accident either riding (make sure you have a Aussie bike license) OR pillion passenger on a scooter / motorbike.

Though BE WARNED, this DOES NOT cover you for the damage's of the bike(s) if an accident occurs.

Its only around $18AUD extra to tick this box.....not much $$ for peace of mind. 

m8 go with Covermore Insurance! They have a section where you can be fully insured for medical cost when in an accident either riding (make sure you have a Aussie bike license) OR pillion passenger on a scooter / motorbike.

Though BE WARNED, this DOES NOT cover you for the damage's of the bike(s) if an accident occurs.

Its only around $18AUD extra to tick this box.....not much $$ for peace of mind. 

I always get the extra cover for a motorbike, very rarely I use one, but as you say it is chip as chips for peace of mind! 

+1 for Covermore

You can get a 12 month policy that is worth if you do more than 2 trips a year.

"If ya can f*#k it, float it or fly it.........rent it!"

+1 for Covermore

You can get a 12 month policy that is worth if you do more than 2 trips a year.

I have the Covermore multi trip annual policy (30 days or less per trip) cost around $250 including motorbike!  I am now on my 5th trip to SE Asia  during my current policy!  I have made 3 claims in 5 years, without any problem being reimbursed, I even scored a first class airline seat as I could not bend my knee. 

I use covermore too. 2 hundred and something for 1 year multi trip. I'm here every 3 wks for a week, and a month here and there, so good value for me.

There must be Oz equivalents for compare the market and travel supermarket comparison sites. Got a yearly worldwide multi trip (max 30 days away) for £35 sterling  (with the upwards amount of cover in the price range) with Virgin but via travel supermarket which saved me quite a few £s.

I comment with over 5 years with the one company! It's like a good mechanic/accountant when you find a ggood one, stick with then!

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I had my camera go "missing" last trip.

I didn't realise til I got home and 1cover wouldnt give me a claim because I didn't sort out the police report from within Thailand.

Anyone else had this?

Also if it happens again, where do you go to get a report in English in Patts?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yes that is true (biggles), I have a Westpac Platinum Visa Card, when I pay for my flights and hotel with it I get free automatic travel insurance cover. Thankfully in all my trips I have never used it but it is reassuring to know that I have it there if I ever need it

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

1cover is good. Beware credit card insurance, there are qualifiers like monimum 1000 dollar spend on the travel.

Nous sommes tous Charlie

Archived