Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Acommodation during high season

crocodile777

Hi everyone,

First, thanks for all your previous advice - my first trip to Thailand was great partly thanks to your helpful suggetsions.

Now I have just booked a vacation over the Christmas/New Year. As opposed to my first trip last month, this one will be during high season - so many more tourists, especially in Pattaya. Last time I booked a hotel in advance for 2 days and then, while in Pattaya, found a condo for the rest of my stay.

The question is - do you think such strategy will work for my planned stay period as well? I have already checked the hotel where I stayed initialy and Agoda claims it's fully booked for the period. Maybe a safer strategy would be to book a hotel for the full duration and sleep soundly?

Un caballero sin miedo y sin tacha :)

Yes I would book now, most hotels are already full, you would most probly end up with a guesthouse

Wouldn't want to be without booking around the holidays. Not saying you will not find sth suitable, but it might be a long search, and a bit off the beaten track. Last time I spent a pretty long time looking and I needed the help of my resident friends to find sth decent at acceptable price.

During high season most of the hotels in central and south pattaya are fully booked, but there are always rooms available in the smaller guesthouses between Pattaya Klang and Soi 1 and also on Pattaya 3rd road. I recommend to book one or two nights via a booking agency like adoga or booking.com and then walk around to find a decent room for an reasionable price.

I visit Pattaya for 25+ years now, high, low and mid season, and never had to sleep at the beach.

T.

If you are going to be there during Xmas and/or New Year's Eve, and want a somewhat central location, I would suggest you book as soon as possible.

We still have a couple of rooms for that period but starting to fill up fast. Closer to xmas rooms are only going to get scarcer and more expensive.

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

Thanks everyone for feedback. I do want central location, I don't really wish to waste my time in Pattaya running around searching for a room, so this time I'll prebook for the whole period, I guess.

Yes I would book now, most hotels are already full, you would most probly end up with a guesthouse

Anything wrong with guest houses ? 

smal all new a room poster.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

What's the difference then?  And is it fair to assume, that a guest house near city centre is always available, even on the eve of Christmas? :)

Gota get a new sofa Daveo lol 

they are fairly new

What's the difference then?  And is it fair to assume, that a guest house near city centre is always available, even on the eve of Christmas? :)

Often the difference is fitted furniture at hotels, probably a swimming pool at most hotels, probably more of a friendly feel at a guest house, the likely hood of availability around Christmas is very low in well known Guesthouses.

Looks like the safest bet is to pre-book something.  I have done just that - don't really want to be running around looking for an hotel instead of enjoying Pattaya and all its seductions :)

Gota get a new sofa Daveo lol 

Why whats up with it. ?

Why whats up with it. ?

It looks like something Del Boy would have been trying to flog in the 80's :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Companies like Agoda only get a set amout of rooms to sell. Try contacting the hotels direct for availability

It looks like something Del Boy would have been trying to flog in the 80's :-)

It's 18 months old.

It's 18 months old.

Apologies. We obviously have very different tastes. Then, you are a West Ham fan!

I'll have to buy a breakfast from you when I finally get back to Pattaya. Although, I'll expect to get it for free if the Swans finish above the Hammers :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Apologies. We obviously have very different tastes. Then, you are a West Ham fan!

I'll have to buy a breakfast from you when I finally get back to Pattaya. Although, I'll expect to get it for free if the Swans finish above the Hammers :-)

I guess when on holiday for most there are more things to think about than the color of the sofa, then each to thier own, never seen your house, after watching the Hammers this weekend I am expecting everyone to finish above them.  :SoWhat1:

Archived