IGNORED

Hard Rock Cafe - July 2014

Went for lunch yesterday with a friend.  My treat as he had done me some favors.

He had the old fashioned burger (which is the slightly smaller though by no means small option) while I had the Mushroom and Swiss burger.  Coke Zero for me and regular coke for him.

I have to say the food was great.  A real american style burger and fries.  Good service.  All went well.

Atmosphere is kinda weird.  Few customers and kind of dark for a cafe.  The real shocker (well not a shock since I can read a menu) was the price.  With a small added tip (since a service fee is included already) the total for this was 1400 baht.  That would be $44 US.  Or 32.75 Euro.

Kinda steep for 2 burgers and cokes.  if you really want an authentic US style burger I'm not certain you can find better in Pattaya.  but be prepared.  And if you want to DRINK be prepared for some steep mixed drink prices.

$44 for 2 burgers and a coke in Thailand ... thanks but no thanks . 

$44 for 2 burgers and a coke even in Los Angeles....thanks but no thanks

It's like a motorway service station, once your there they can charge what they want.

Moral  of the story is Drive on if you don't like it :-(

Shaky.

I posted this as a warning.  Agree it is too high.  I won't be back there.  It was a good meal but just not good value.

I too think the food is great in there,and i do eat there once or twice a trip as the pulled pork sandwich is amazing,somehow the hard rock in pattong is cheaper than the one in pattaya

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Pulled pork sandwich with melted cheese and chips is 399bht,expensive but not stupid imo,the burgers however start at Lk 650

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Only ever went once to this place and wont return !

Enough said.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

I haven't eaten there,but I know from experience are expensive.

Haven't been back for a long time because of that.

Robw

I went there once about 5 years ago - just ordered a beer.

When it arrived it was a special ultra small bottle of Singha.

Never seen a bottle that small in other bars.

It cost 170 Bht. Never been back!

I was the only customer in there.

It was so quiet the manager came over for a chat.

Nice guy, with good English - but I'm not paying those prices.

PBG has (IMO) pretty tasty burgers for around 180b ($5.65US) & that comes with fries as well....& the sea view is free! :Grin3:

I personally like to go once every trip, BKK or Pattaya!

I prefer BKK for the atmosphere as it always seems busy and its close to the big shopping malls,

but If I don't get to BKK I will check out Pattaya.

I am aware its expensive but I don't really care, its only for 1 night!

Thanks for the Post OP.  

Been there once way too pricey for their offerings. I had a burger which was nothing spectacular. I have had better at Carl Jrs for a fraction of the price of HR.

Posted Image

I personally like to go once every trip, BKK or Pattaya!

I prefer BKK for the atmosphere as it always seems busy and its close to the big shopping malls,

but If I don't get to BKK I will check out Pattaya.

I am aware its expensive but I don't really care, its only for 1 night!

Thanks for the Post OP.

I have been to the Hard Rock in Bangkok loads of time

Expensive but good food

If you go in the evenings often have live bands on

Since I would presume most of the people reading this thread appreciate the type of food served in a place like this,I believe

you may want to check out Gulliver's on the Northern end of Beach Road.I've never been to the one in Pattaya but the one

in Bangkok(Soi 5 Sukhumvit) had good burgers and a wide variety of other meals(including Thai).It certainly isn't as expensive

as this place is.It was also a hangout for freelancers although I'm unsure if the one in Pattaya is as well.

The Cannon

I'VE BEEN TO THE FUCKING MOUNTAINTOP !!! :Party3:

Not as expensive as the Hilton, had 1 Sam Miguel 400฿, ha, fuck that..Went to the new place Frazzers on the road into Jomtien yesterday, the drink isn't cheap, but the food is well priced, had 3 lamb chops mash and veg, 320฿, same meal is 500฿ in Cherrys, check it out lads it's nice

• 1 month later...

i ate there in June , and without a doubt the worst meal i had in patts !

wayyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced , and just the usual standard of wetherspoons type food .

would not go back again

Archived