IGNORED

i need help regarding a liver transplant

khunmaidee

A very close friend to me has been diagnosed with liver cancer,He lives in australia he's got no choice but to have a transplant,and he would be a long time dead waiting for one in aus,

Has anyone done this in thailand or know of someone who has??would anyone have any ideas as where to start contacting hospitals ect??my friend is 57 retired very fit for he's age,he obviously wants to fight this disease he wants to live and is prepared to pay money to get to the top of the que,would anyone know of the rough costs involved to get to the top of the que??

He has a comfortable lifestyle but is not a rich man he's prepared to take out a loan against he's home.Any pertinent information would be greatly appreciated, the right information could lead to a very good drink for that person involved.

Bumrungrad Hospital in BKK only performs liver transplants on foreign patients if the donor is a relative of the patient.

Dunno if that's the case with other Thai hospitals.

Google is your friend.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/digestive-diseases

I think the rules about organ transplants to foreigners are quite strict.

This is probably not the right country to try buying one.

Are the rules any easier in India for example?

I think the rules about organ transplants to foreigners are quite strict.

This is probably not the right country to try buying one.

Are the rules any easier in India for example?

Not sure mate but we will look high and low anywhere tnx

Bumrungrad Hospital in BKK only performs liver transplants on foreign patients if the donor is a relative of the patient.

Dunno if that's the case with other Thai hospitals.

Google is your friend.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/digestive-diseases

Therapeutic Procedures:

• Liver transplant operation. (Thai patient can get the donated liver either from the Thai Red Cross, or for living donor transplant, a part of liver from a relative. Foreign patients are eligible only for living donor transplant using tissue donated by a relative.)
  •     I will look into and try to contact them on excatly what they mean about using tissue,it doesnt mention anything about the liver,only the tissue from a relative,i will shoot them an email on there site and see what they have to say.

Not sure if you're still looking but Lebanon is the place to go. Apparently they are just snatching kidneys and livers left and right from Gaza and Syria.

I saw a tv special on it as I live in the middle east. It is costly, about 15,000 but you must really look into the after surgery, and if there is rejection from the body. As you're unlikely to get help from the doctor who already has your money.

• 4 weeks later...

India has the required expertise for sure and medical tourism is way cheaper than even Thailand and very popular.even the dentists are cheaper and expert.Thailand I think scores above only on sex change procedures.if interested , I cud give you the contact details.

i love pattaya

Archived