Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel WiFi speed test

pej

If you are in a hotel, please take a wifi test on this website

Link: Hotel WiFi speed test

We will all benefit from that in the end (i hope)

If a hotel gets bad wifi test all the time, they will do something about it.

How we motivate change

We help the good guys- We applaud the efforts of the many hotels out there that do their best to provide great WiFi, and we want to help them avoid the things that most often undermine their efforts. Because our tests zone in on specific aspects of the network to ensure precise assessment, we can help hotels use the results to improve their service. By analyzing and then explaining the results, we provide valuable information when it comes to determining if problems exist, where they exist, and how the company can improve their existing service.

We call out the bad guys- Because anyone can see the information posted on social media, hotels are extremely sensitive about their online presence, and will work fast to do whatever they need to do to maintain their reputation. We use this simple fact to our advantage. Bad reviews are bad for business, so using our hotel WiFi speed test is an incredibly easy way to make hotels aware of how the quality of their WiFi service affects their reputation, as well as their bottom line.

Sorry but this is useless. 

Most hotel ”free” wifi is a shared 15:1 ADSL line. 

The WiFi have nothing to do with it since its a shared line. This is one of the reasons why people who need ”fast” internet should get a Condo room with its own ADSL/WiFi. Than you alone have the 15Mbit down 1up.

The 1Mbit up speed is really a problem since it only takes one user to use for example dropbox to make it stop working. Up speed is much more important than most users understand since every TCP/IP request needs an acknowledgment. If the up speed is utilized over 70-80% there is no time to send ACCs = everything stop working. 

People at ground level at hotels should think about getting a 3G data to their phones. 12Gig data cost 799 bath and you get about 10mbit at good spots on Pattaya (10:5).

And don’t forget a VPN since many sites are censored in Thai. 

(and for example swedes should get a VPN to buy stuff on the net without paying the F-ing 25% terror-VAT that the occupied government in Sweden thinks it have right to. I use VyprVPN with 40+ server locations in the world. If I want to rent a movie on Amazon US: use a US server. If I want to access german radio: German server and so on)

Fibre is rolling out in Thailand. But its only 20Mbit. This is the only thing I miss from Sweden where I had 1000:1000 fibre. 

Archived