Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thailand Travel Shield (travel insurance)

mr21

I have never purchased travel insurance for my previous trips to SE Asia. I am considering this policy for an upcoming family trip to LOS in October. What are your opinions on this or can you recommend a better one for a similar price? Thanks for any feedback

http://www.tourismthailand.org/ThailandTravelShield/

Tourism Authority of Thailand has cooperated with top non-life insurers ; Muang Thai Insurance, Chao Phaya Insurance, Siam City Insurance and Krungthai Panich Insurance gladly to offer “special travel insurance exclusively for foreign tourists” who will travel to Thailand in the form of online insurance which is convenient and provides instant coverage. Additionally, after making online payment, the insurance policy will be sent to the insured’s e-mail immediately. Premium starts from 650 Baht only and highest sum insured is 1,000,000 Baht with full coverage including accident, trip cancellation, loss or damage of baggage / personal belongings, accommodation fees in case the airport is being closed, 24-hour emergency assistance by Allianz Global Assistance.

Suitable for : Foreigners who travel to Thailand (Inbound Only) Area of Coverage : Every area in Thailand

Can you get coverage for Thailand due to the political situation? I have read this voids some policies.

It seems very expensive to me.

The best thing to do is search google for (annual) travel insurance policies and you should find some sites that allow you to compare policies.

Looks just like any standard travel insurance policy to me. But annual options look more expensive than what I would expect to pay.

1million baht medical coverage is not a lot if you have a serious accident. It wouldn't be enough for a medical flight home I dont think. I bought Insurance in UK for £25 (1300B)  for 2 week trip that gives £10mill accident cover. Thats about 540,000,000 baht!

Also, you're probably going to make any claims on your insurance when you get home. Want to be dealing with a Thai insurance company from abroad? I think it's best to get your travel insurance in your home country, will be less hassle.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Were are you from? As a single guy I just pick up a basic policy from Australia Post that costs 5 dollars a day and covers my needs... that seems fairly cheap for mine.

I go with BUPA.

Reading stories on here from before, BUPA seems like less hassle compared to other insurances where you have to pay upfront or a huge deposit, whereas with BUPA there's name recognition and things go much smoother.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I have contacted them and am awaiting a reply.

I always buy travel insurance and simply cannot understand why anyone would not!

After spending several thousand bucks on a trip, what is a hundred or so bucks??

It cost me $145 can. For 2 months last year.

Does BUPA actually pay upfront? I have tried a couple insurance policies on my trips but it's very confusing as to whether they pay upfront or just reimburse? Are there any policies anywhere that cost you nothing out of pocket upfront except maybe a deductible? I would hate to have a large medical bill and not have enough baht to initially cover it.

I've never understood the reasoning of travel insurance.  Nearly everything they cover, I'm already covered in some form or another and with much better coverage.  And if I'm not covered, it's not really important or anything of value anyway.

Archived