IGNORED

Any musicians out there? UPDATED 17th August

davethailand

I quite like the idea of Blues Factory having its own jam night once or twice a week!

How many Guys/ Girls out there would be interested in having a night where they can get on stage and jam with the band?

Maybe blues on tuesday and rock on thursday?

:)

Edited by davethailand

I can play the triangle... I work for beer... is anyone else up for it? :)

joking aside, great idea! It will keep some expats out of trouble.

what about hard electronic?

Member since Dec 06.

what about hard electronic?

Rock, Blues & RnB etc only i'm afraid along with a bit of modern stuff but no hip hop or dance etc. :)

This place sounds good, whereabouts is the blues factory located?

Only music bar i found last time was Lam morissons, which wasn't too bad, music was a bit tame though when i was in, not much rock

Dave I would love to jam. 30 years playing 20 years in bands, I can almost play now. Im a guitaris, blues, rock, heavy metal, whatever I can fake it. They would have to loan out instruments as I dont bring mine with me. set up the jams be there in mid Oct. Been to the blues bar many times. rock on

This place sounds good, whereabouts is the blues factory located?

Only music bar i found last time was Lam morissons, which wasn't too bad, music was a bit tame though when i was in, not much rock

Its on soi Lucky Star, the pedestrian walkway that links Walking Street to Marine plaza.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty good at the E-Bass and the Highland Pipes, but I don't think that I want to carry that stuff on my trips through the country. :D Since I can only play the pipes when I'm sober, there would be only the bass left. I used to be the lead singer at the band in my old town, but I don't think that many of you are into stuff like Motörhead, Black Label Society, Dropkick Murphys or Rammstein. :)

Sad thing I don't know when I'll be back next time. :D

• 3 weeks later...

A little update.

The blues jam nights have been discussed and we hope to have them up and running very soon, probably tuesday and they will be ran by Snowman, As far as a rock jam night we are considering doing one on thursday with Lam Morrison and the Rock Machine.

The other idea we are discussing is Snowman, Lam and the blues band so we can have a rock/ blues jam on tuesdays.

I'll keep you informed.

:o

PS No advertising as yet but you can see Lam Morrison in the Blues Factory from midnight on wednesdays and thursdays and from 1230am fri, sat and sundays nights.

:D

Edited by davethailand

Great idea Dave, would certainly pop down to see Bryan on triangle and Irishlas on cowbell :Bravo1:

Seriously it sounds excellent idea to me.

As you know I like TBF very much but one issue for the expats/frequent visitors is that they see "same same" (pretty much) each night.

Obviously this isn't a problem for the tourists and one off visitors but can be for your sticky visitors. I would assume you try for a mixture of new/returning customers and I think this would definitely add vale to the "returners".

If I am "typical", then its certainly something I would come to see. Long term depends on quality (or at least "fun" level) as to whether it would become a regular jaunt.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I can now confirm that the blues jam nights will start this tuesday!

Hosted by Ken "the Snowman" Minihan we invite all those singers/ players to come and sign up and jam with the band. There are some great musicans out there and we hope to attract them into the bar every tuesday.

With discounts for "jammers" and a strict "Blues Only" policy we hope to get tuesdays back to real blues nights with no rock and Pop.

We have a few brass section and harp players lined up and also of course some gutiarists including "Len Tucky" ex Suzi Quattro band.

Band starts at 10pm and we hope too see you there.

:rolleyes:

I will give you a blow job on me mouth organ bit a blues in there :rolleyes:

cheers chris

I will give you a blow job on me mouth organ bit a blues in there :P

cheers chris

Wriggley Tin 1

Starts tonight, hope too see you all there! (no playing with your organs though) :Whistle:

On again tonight if anyone wants to jam with the Snowman and band. :D

Edited by davethailand

I can now confirm that the blues jam nights will start this tuesday!

Hosted by Ken "the Snowman" Minihan we invite all those singers/ players to come and sign up and jam with the band. There are some great musicans out there and we hope to attract them into the bar every tuesday.

With discounts for "jammers" and a strict "Blues Only" policy we hope to get tuesdays back to real blues nights with no rock and Pop.

We have a few brass section and harp players lined up and also of course some gutiarists including "Len Tucky" ex Suzi Quattro band.

Band starts at 10pm and we hope too see you there.

:D

Hi

I used to front a pub band that no-one's heard of years ago & I'm really interested in seeing Len & co, & also maybe doing a guest vocal (on one song only before I get bottled off).

Curiously, I've just finished reading Suzi's auto-biography. It's an excellent read, & Len comes out of it pretty well as a decent bloke, & an ace guitarist & perfomer.

What are your performance plans for 1st week Nov 2008? I'm more interested in Rock than Blues.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by supertony

Hi

I used to front a pub band that no-one's heard of years ago & I'm really interested in seeing Len & co, & also maybe doing a guest vocal (on one song only before I get bottled off).

Curiously, I've just finished reading Suzi's auto-biography. It's an excellent read, & Len comes out of it pretty well as a decent bloke, & an ace guitarist & perfomer.

What are your performance plans for 1st week Nov 2008? I'm more interested in Rock than Blues.

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony.

Can't really say what will be happening in novenber but your stilll more than welcome to pop in and jam with the bands, if you want to sing rock guest vocals then I'm sure Lam and the band would gladly have you up for a song. :Dance1: