Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Livingstones Soi 33

submarineman

Hey all.

Decided I will spend the last 4 days of my trip in Bangkok. I have stayed a Majestic Suites twice and President Solitare once. This trip, I decided to stay closer to my favorite message place on Soi 33.

Can anyone tell me about the Livingstones hotel on Soi 33?

Submarineman

Hey all.

Decided I will spend the last 4 days of my trip in Bangkok. I have stayed a Majestic Suites twice and President Solitare once. This trip, I decided to stay closer to my favorite message place on Soi 33.

Submarineman

Here's the link: http://www.livingstones.co.th/

It's an OK hotel. Very guest-friendly, staff is helpful, mostly mongers stay there, but it isn't a piss-head or cheap Charlie place.

Evil

:Evil_Grin:

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Hey all.

Submarineman

Oh God a bubblehead!!!!! GMGC/SW/AW Ret in 91

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

Hey all.

Submarineman

Stayed there a couple of times. All room s have jaccuzis. They also have theme partiesa and an on site hostess bar i you're too lazy to go anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got to go to Bangkok for a two nights this week, but I couldn't get a room at the Majestic Suites or the Dynasty. For the hell of it I booked a room at this place so I could check out Soi 33. I hope you guys are half right, as I don't really want to stay in a shithole that cost me $62 US dollars a night.

Rex

An update on Livingstones: it's a good place! The rooms are good. Good air conditioning, cable tv, nice bathrooms, and the bed is great. In-room wireless internet, and an in-room safe. When I first got here the internet wasn't working. I told the front desk and after they checked, I was right. They went out and bought a new wireless router and within an hour or so, I was back online. I haven't quite figured out the neighborhood, though. There's a Londoner Brew Pub down on the corner that's good, but a little expensive. Of course, all the Artist bars are closed during the day, but there are a few massage parlors around. I was walking down the street toady when some girl came out from inside one of them and tried to get me to come inside for a massage. She looked cute.

Tonight I might try out one of the Artist bars.

One word of warning: unless you want to spend a lot of money for breakfast, avoid the breakfast buffet next door at the Novotel. 729 baht.

Rex

Most of the bars on Soi Dead Artists (Soi 33) are very expensive. Bar-fines are usually in the 1,200 -1,500 Baht range. They are selling the illusion that their girls are of better "quality" than the ladies on Soi Cowboy or Nana Plaza. Don't believe it. Those same girls, when they don't get a customer before their bar closes, can be found in the Nana hotel Parking Lot selling their assets at a deep discount.

Edited by Khun Scalawag

Update: last night I tried out three or four of the Soi 33 bars. One called The Office, another called the Green Parrot, one called Degas, and a sports bar type place with pool tables, I forget the name. Anyway, I ended up talking to a bunch of girls. The last couple were fun. Between the two of them they could speak a little English. One was a stunner, although I didn't barfine either of them. Maybe next time. I did get the number of the stunner. Overall, I'd say the beers and ladydrinks at these places were a little bit high, but not too bad.

Rex

Soi 33 is a good place in the early afternoon/evening while they are having happy hours. I always like the Office (second photo), there are girls in there at 3 in the afternoon, but a better crowd around 5 pm.

Big Shots Bar is another favorite (first photo)

bigshotssmall.JPG

the_office_girls__ern_ice.JPG

Avoid Christy's. It is a known rip off joint.

Well known to whom? There is nothing wrong with Christie's. I've been drinking there for years with no problems.

Well known to whom? There is nothing wrong with Christie's. I've been drinking there for years with no problems.

Me! I've personally been ripped off there and periodically reports of similar scams appear on other BKK oriented web sites.

One night, 3 or 4 years ago, they tried to charge me almost a 1,000 Baht for 2 beers. One for the girl and one for myself. They wanted 160 Baht per beer and the rest was a charge for having a drink with the lady! I flat refused and they backed off. I paid for the beers and left. I've paid more in Spasso's, but Christy's is not Spasso's. One of the worst experiences I've had in Thailand. :angry2:

The Office, on the other hand, has a pretty good reputation and I've had a couple of enjoyable dinners around the pool at Livingstone's. I've also been in most of the other bars up and down the street and can't say I thought any of them were anything special to write home about.

Edited by Khun Scalawag

Me! I've personally been ripped off there and periodically reports of similar scams appear on other BKK oriented web sites.

One night, 3 or 4 years ago, they tried to charge me almost a 1,000 Baht for 2 beers. One for the girl and one for myself. They wanted 160 Baht per beer and the rest was a charge for having a drink with the lady! I flat refused and they backed off. I paid for the beers and left. I've paid more in Spasso's, but Christy's is not Spasso's. One of the worst experiences I've had in Thailand. :angry2:

The Office, on the other hand, has a pretty good reputation and I've had a couple of enjoyable dinners around the pool at Livingstone's. I've also been in most of the other bars up and down the street and can't say I thought any of them were anything special to write home about.

Fair enough. I've never had a problem. Same group owns Napoleon and a few others. I drink at The Office and Livingstone's, as well. Dali is usually good fun. Enjoy Renoir, too. Some real lookers in Spasso's. There is a bar next door I've been meaning to try. Zantika (sic) or similar.

Stayed there a couple of times. All room s have jaccuzis. They also have theme partiesa and an on site hostess bar i you're too lazy to go anywhere.

Don't think every room has a jacuzzi. I think I've stayed in some that did not. Worth asking. The jacuzzi rooms are good fun.

Livingstones is good comfortable accomodation.....and the girls are great. Breakfast included in the price I believe.

Although i've never stayed in the rooms at Livingstone's, i'm familiar with the bar and restaurant.Good relaxed atmosphere,with the owners always

on hand to help in any way.The girls are very friendly and aren't pushy.Renoir was excellent last month,but some of the other artist bars were very

quiet.One reason that it's nice to visit,is that the girls tend to be better mannered than in the Go-Go's.Good place to start the evening.

Has the price being posted? I'm booked at Dynasty Inn Grande for 2,200 baht which I think is good value but may mix it up with this one

I had one of the rooms without a jacuzzi. Just a shower. The price via an online booking site was $62 US dollars a night.

Rex

I had one of the rooms without a jacuzzi. Just a shower. The price via an online booking site was $62 US dollars a night.

Rex

I am getting a normal room (without Jacuzzi) for 1800 baht a night. That is about $52 a night at current exchange rates.

I will check to see if that includes breakfast.

Submarineman

• 1 month later...

I stayed at Livingstones for 4 nights with a late checkout (was charged half rate for the late checkout) last month. I liked the place!

It was a regular room without a Jacuzzi for 1800 baht a night. This included breakfast. I had to ask the bartender to repeat the time they serve breakfast. But, I heard him right the first time. Breakfast is from 7am to 4pm! Breakfast was pretty good too.

The size of the room was fine. I walked by another room with the door open while the maid was cleaning it and it must have been one of the more expensive rooms because the room was huge. My room had a safe, TV, small fridge and coffee/tea making facilities. The shower had a curtain and did not drain to the bathroom, which I find a big plus.

Livingstones also has a bar, steak restaurant, Thai restaurant and an outdoor place where they BBQ burgers and sausages. You could not leave the compound and still have fun!

I did try some of the artist bars, but did not enjoy them. No problem as the sky train is about a 3-minute walk. Soi Cowboy is one stop away and Nana is two. Coming back to the hotel at the end of the night is easy. It costs about 40 baht from Soi Cowboy by taxi

Bottom line. I like the place and will stay there again.

Submarineman