IGNORED

Walking to Areca Lodge

Hatachi

I'll be in town next week, staying at Areca Lodge for the first time.

Looking at a map, it looks very close to LK Metro, but what if you want to bring a girl back from WS, 6th St., or somewhere else?  Seems like its kinda far from the normal routes.  How to people usually get there?

Baht bus back from WS , get off at Soi Diana and walk

from Soi 6 Baht Bus back to Mike Shopping and walk through

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Walk down to Soi Buakhao and the Baht Bus will take you South Pattaya Rd,then walk 50 Meters to Walking St.

Walk down to 2nd Rd,Baht Bus will take you Soi 6 etc,both are only 10 Baht.

Walk down to Beach Rd,Baht Bus will take you all the way to Walking St.

http://www.pattayanewbie.com/information2.html

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

Motorbike taxi.... door to door anywhere in Pattaya. One bike is enough, I'm 6'1", 85Kg and have shared a bike taxi with a girl on many occasions. If you're huge get two bikes.

Some will say bikes are dangerous and cost more, both true, but you can't beat them for speed and convenience.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Thanks for the advice!  It just looked kinda far on the map but I guess the walk from Beach or 2nd road isn't too bad!  I guess living in the US I can't imagine making a girl walk even 1/4 mile back to my place for sex  :laugh:

Par47, when I first read your post I imagined a really fat guy somehow straddling two motorbikes, that'd be impressive!

Edit:

By the way, what's the normal rate for a motorbike taxi, so I don't get ripped off?

bike taxi 50 60 baht i guess, baht bus 10baht should be, but could be 20 depending on distance.

i like the bikes, cost less than 1 beer. so put it in perspective.

As above, 40-60 baht depending on distance.

I generally use baht buses if my destination is on their route, and motorbikes if it's a bit out of the way or I'm in a hurry.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

You're stop on second road is kiss foods. Always look for kiss foods. Easy to see.

Then simply walk up soi Diana. Not far.

From LK Metro, 100-150 meters, crawling distance.

From beach road, look for mikes mall, thru the mall and then across the street to kiss foods.

EAsY.

Also, walking is good too.... there are so many bars you will pass.... and you'll spot this cute girl.... ok, just one drink.... well maybe another, what's the rush?.... drink for you? Sure honey......  You know how it ends :)

If your staying in the Evergreen bldg. the back entrance is a shortcut to 2nd, BR & WS. From the back entrance there's a 7/11 about 20-25 yds. And the back entrance to the Avenue Mall on 2nd and  Soi 13 is about 70-80 yds.

Walk down to Soi Buakhao and the Baht Bus will take you South Pattaya Rd,then walk 50 Meters to Walking St.

Walk down to 2nd Rd,Baht Bus will take you Soi 6 etc,both are only 10 Baht.

Walk down to Beach Rd,Baht Bus will take you all the way to Walking St.

http://www.pattayanewbie.com/information2.html

Thanks for the advice!  It just looked kinda far on the map but I guess the walk from Beach or 2nd road isn't too bad!  I guess living in the US I can't imagine making a girl walk even 1/4 mile back to my place for sex  :laugh:

I'm staying on Soi Bukhao right now. When you get the baht bus to South Pattaya Rd., you need to make sure that it turns right and goes to Second Rd. If it turns left, you will have to exit the baht bus and walk to WS. It is a lot further than 50 meters. It is only 50 meters if you get off at Second Rd. However, if you are staying at the Areca Lodge, it is easier just to walk down Soi Diana to Mike's Mall and exit on Beach Rd. and catch the baht bus there. The baht bus will leave you off right in front of WS.

However, to really make life simpler, just use all the bars around the Areca Lodge and on the LK Metro. The great thing about this area is that there is so much action, you never really have to leave it.

Motorbike taxi.... door to door anywhere in Pattaya. One bike is enough, I'm 6'1", 85Kg and have shared a bike taxi with a girl on many occasions. If you're huge get two bikes.

Some will say bikes are dangerous and cost more, both true, but you can't beat them for speed and convenience.

I've never used a bike. How much are they? OK, I read further down and see they are between 40 and 60 baht. I wonder if Thais are charged that much.

In the past I always rented a Motorbike - but this time I do the Bath Bus.... it's ok and cheap. I also do a lot of walking but the fumes are terrible from the traffic & the sewers.... it's ok on the side roads or along the Beach where there is a nice breeze.

Like the others have said is is not far at all.  If your WS girl indicates she cannot walk due to heels then a motor taxi is a great option.  No problem either way.

no where is far in pattaya.

the journey home to hotel is a good time to relax with the girl even more before getting naked.

enjoy.

I'm staying on Soi Bukhao right now. When you get the baht bus to South Pattaya Rd., you need to make sure that it turns right and goes to Second Rd. If it turns left, you will have to exit the baht bus and walk to WS. It is a lot further than 50 meters. It is only 50 meters if you get off at Second Rd. 

After 14 long trips and regularly using the Soi Buakhao route to play pool at Center Condo, I've never gone left on Pattaya Tai.  Always a first I suppose, TIT 55

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

After 14 long trips and regularly using the Soi Buakhao route to play pool at Center Condo, I've never gone left on Pattaya Tai.  Always a first I suppose, TIT 55

Unusual, yes. But it's happened to me twice.

When I stay at Areca Lodge, I often chill out at what I call Kiss Korner.   Good choice of inexpensive Thai food with good service.   Great for people watching and TV sport if you are interested.   Corner of Soi Diana and Second Road.    They even sell a very cheap red wine from a plastic flagon, or something better for a higher price.  

I'll be in town next week, staying at Areca Lodge for the first time.

Looking at a map, it looks very close to LK Metro, but what if you want to bring a girl back from WS, 6th St., or somewhere else?  Seems like its kinda far from the normal routes.  How to people usually get there?

If you are staying at Areca Lodge, why would you want to go to Walking Street?

LK Metro is far better, and you are only a minute from Areca. There is about 14 gogos there, and are great.

Its the New part of town

Forget waliking street, thats for the tourists and less gifted people.  Stick to LK Metro, it will blow your mind.

When I stay at Areca Lodge, I often chill out at what I call Kiss Korner.   Good choice of inexpensive Thai food with good service.   Great for people watching and TV sport if you are interested.   Corner of Soi Diana and Second Road.    They even sell a very cheap red wine from a plastic flagon, or something better for a higher price.  

Kiss Corner is my favourite  breakfast breakfast spot. corner 2nd Road and Soi Dianna. A great place to eat. Love the Tom Yom meals.

Forget waliking street, thats for the tourists and less gifted people. Stick to LK Metro, it will blow your mind.

I'll definitely check it out, but to be honest that's blowing an entirely different part than what I was thinking.

Archived