22nd June 2014 - There are a whole bunch of bakeries around town, not a lot to tell most apart. But at the soi Bukhao end of Soi Lengkee, not far from Oasis A Gogo, there's a great little place, The Loaf.

Everything about it is good - a whole range of cakes and patisseries, as well as an extensive menu that covers pretty much everything from an English breakfast (ok not especially cheap at 239 baht, but quality), to pasta and pizzas, great sarnies, salads, Thai dishes. They also do daily specials through the low season.

No exciting food pics sorry, just a latte and a half-eaten croissant, daughter couldn't wait, too hungry.

It's clean and comfortable, with friendly staff. The location is ideal for LK Metro visitors. Great place, top tip for a quality snack in the soi Buakhao area.

Find Loaf Bakery on our map - FB page Loaf Bakery & Cafe

10474739_10203699791991586_5404923471075

10394865_10203699792111589_4790169105755

10462508_10203699792631602_1061792031145

Check out the map to find restaurants reviewed - ThailandWineAndDine map

Join ThailandWineAndDine on Facebook

• 4 weeks later...

I heard of the loaf in another post sounds good ,have a sweet tooth so I will be trying it out some time soon for shore

One of the reasons my trousers are always a little bit on the tight side after a holiday in Pattaya. Excellent.

Big fan. Long black and "breakfast on toast" (scrambled eggs topped with smoked salmon) is a regular breakfast when in the area.

But for lunch their tuna salad baguette is way less generous than Barbie Bar's, and I suspect more expensive.

The cakes look good though. And I'd like to try that woodfired pizza.

Is this place near Walking Street I staying at Siam bayshore southern end of Walking Street not shore of streets if any one knows the adress that be great so can tell taxi

Cheers guys and girls

Is this place near walking street I staying at Siam bayshore southern end of walking street not shore of streets if any one knows the adress that be great so can tell taxi

Cheers guys and girls

At a guess that's a 20 min walk

Is this place near walking street I staying at Siam bayshore southern end of walking street not shore of streets if any one knows the adress that be great so can tell taxi

Cheers guys and girls

Cut through Mikes Shopping Mall, straight up Soi Diana, hang a left at the junction by Subway. Follow the aroma of fresh bread.....

If you taxi it, ask for the Areca Lodge or the LK Metropole. If you walk it probably 15 - 20 minutes to get there. Good way to work up an appetite though.

Have a late breakfast there then head back to Oz Burgers for an early lunch of beef roll, gravy and onions (opposite Subway).

Cut through Mikes Shopping Mall, straight up Soi Diana, hang a left at the junction by Subway. Follow the aroma of fresh bread.....

If you taxi it, ask for the Areca Lodge or the LK Metropole. If you walk it probably 15 - 20 minutes to get there. Good way to work up an appetite though.

Have a late breakfast there then head back to Oz Burgers for an early lunch of beef roll, gravy and onions (opposite Subway).

Thanks for these directions!

Cheers guys and girls

Just tell him "Soi Lengkee, corner of Soi Buakhao". You'll see the sign.

IMHO

Not the best value for money.

Breakfast and a second coffee for less than 200 baht is good value for me when you're talking proper machine made coffee with a crema (not Nescafe). But value is in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks all for direction good too know so when I wake up late and miss breakfast at hotel have a place to eat ,probably be everyday lol

IMHO

Not the best value for money.

Yep

Have to agree the food portions are a bit stingy and pricey

The ingredients of most of the food is the same as most cheaper restaurants

Just presented better

I often pop in for a coffee which is very good

But swerve the food menu

Better options elsewhere

Why ask for Areca Lodge - just ask for Soi Lengkee at the junction with Soi Buakhao - as you enter Soi Lengkee its on your right

I believe there is another Loaf on Pattaya Tai...

Don't know how the two compare...

The one on Pattaya Tai for me is a huge mistake - there is no seating like the one in Lengkee - its a take away bakery   - For What?

Why ask for Areca Lodge - just ask for Soi Lengkee at the junction with Soi Buakhao - as you enter Soi Lengkee its on your right

Better ask for Opey de Place on Lengkee :GoldenSmile1:

Yep

Have to agree the food portions are a bit stingy and pricey

The ingredients of most of the food is the same as most cheaper restaurants

Just presented better

I often pop in for a coffee which is very good

But swerve the food menu

Better options elsewhere

I agree with you on this one :GoldenSmile1:

Always find it easier to give an exact landmark rather than try to explain to a taxi driver where I want to go in Pattaya.

I've eaten there quite a few times. It's always been good quality food and well presented. I agree it's not the cheapest but it is good quality

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Discovered this place on my last trip and it's a good spot, hard to get decent bread and pastries in Patt's but this place had a great fresh selection. Had a massage place opposite which had a really nice looking tg sitting outside, was tempted to go over and have  a chat but another guy bet me to her.

• 2 years later...

They have a promotion if yiu buy a 10 inch pizza you can get an 8 inch for 29 baht. Certain pizzas for 29 baht though. Here is a picture of the greek 10" pizza I ordered today. Btw the coffee is fabulous!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

0da2e59cefde369880d3b15b13e6edde.jpg

• 6 months later...

I've had breakfast there and to be honest I wasn't all that impressed. I thought it was a tad expensive for pretty plain food (coffee was good though).

But that Pizza looks great. Maybe time to give it another try.  

Archived