Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

30 Day Tourist Visa

mac73

Hi All,

Just a quick one from me, me and a friend are coming back early next year but we are looking to try out the Philippines once we are over there.

Can we arrive into Thailand on a 30 tourist visa, stay a week in Thailand then fly to the Philippines for a week and then come back to Thailand for another week or so?

Will we have any trouble coming back into Thailand the second time around? I am guessing we wont, but just want to be sure before I book up flights etc.

Cheers

Mac.

The visa situation is tricky at the moment but you shouldn't have any problems. Especially if you have onwards tickets, hotel reservations etc

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

• 5 weeks later...

I arrived august nr 20 for another holiday (30 days entry) I was in my homecountry for 3 months, so didn't think having problems at all, BUT I did had an 4 year old passport with stamps of earlier holdays from 2011 - 2014 (2 x 1 month in 2014) and they picked me out, said I was doing borderruns (Thailand don't have any borders with Europe I learned on school :-) ) and couldn't get in. Lots of intimidation, told me to send me back again, discussions on a bench with an officer for one hour.... and finally got the choice, pay 3000 baht for breakfast for 30 employees or have a problem and fly home. Could be bluf, but what to do at 7 AM after a 11 hour flight??

Paid 3000 (couldn't do it in public area but had to go to an offce) and he gave me a stamp for a 30 days entry.

Impossible to prove you are just a tourist. Everybody knows what will happen in Thailand if you let it up to individual officers to decide what to do..... you end up paying money!!

I arrived august nr 20 for another holiday (30 days entry) I was in my homecountry for 3 months, so didn't think having problems at all, BUT I did had an 4 year old passport with stamps of earlier holdays from 2011 - 2014 (2 x 1 month in 2014) and they picked me out, said I was doing borderruns (Thailand don't have any borders with Europe I learned on school :-) ) and couldn't get in. Lots of intimidation, told me to send me back again, discussions on a bench with an officer for one hour.... and finally got the choice, pay 3000 baht for breakfast for 30 employees or have a problem and fly home. Could be bluf, but what to do at 7 AM after a 11 hour flight??

Paid 3000 (couldn't do it in public area but had to go to an offce) and he gave me a stamp for a 30 days entry.

Impossible to prove you are just a tourist. Everybody knows what will happen in Thailand if you let it up to individual officers to decide what to do..... you end up paying money!!

Holy crap.  Thought this wasn't happening so often if at all anymore.

Thai 'In your face' corruption is increasing to African countries proportions.

Thais know that all a foreigner can do is (to supply the Vaseline and) pay up - or else big trouble for him.

'Power corrupts.Absolute power corrupts,Absolutely'.

• 1 month later...

Had my first 'Bullshit' session this trip also!  Short answer........when you get in at Thai immigration CHECK THE DATE THEY SAY YOU ARRIVE!   The Pricks BACK DATED my arrival by 2 days so as to guarantee a penalty on the return! And the fact that I had an airline ticket saying that I left Los Angeles (13 hours behind Thai time) Mid afternoon on the 26 didn't mean shit when the previous prick stamped my passport that I somehow got to Bangkok on the 25! I actually got there on the 27.  I could have stood around for an hour and had it legally stamped for the 28!  Watch these pricks!  And yes they love to intimidate acting tough immediately!  WTF dude, simple logic would tell anyone it was mistake and not possible for me to arrive BEFORE I left! As said before they know they have you!  Are you not going home, and back to work?  The one officer, the first one who acted nice with the 'No Problem, three day OK' looked amazed when I told him Í don't have any money left!' He looked at me with a puzzled and amazed look!  Ýou no have money?' I wonder just how far the assholes would have played the game if I truly had spent all my money before I left!  I doubt they accept Visa/Master card!!

Had my first 'Bullshit' session this trip also!  Short answer........when you get in at Thai immigration CHECK THE DATE THEY SAY YOU ARRIVE!   The Pricks BACK DATED my arrival by 2 days so as to guarantee a penalty on the return! And the fact that I had an airline ticket saying that I left Los Angeles (13 hours behind Thai time) Mid afternoon on the 26 didn't mean shit when the previous prick stamped my passport that I somehow got to Bangkok on the 25! I actually got there on the 27.  I could have stood around for an hour and had it legally stamped for the 28!  Watch these pricks!  And yes they love to intimidate acting tough immediately!  WTF dude, simple logic would tell anyone it was mistake and not possible for me to arrive BEFORE I left! As said before they know they have you!  Are you not going home, and back to work?  The one officer, the first one who acted nice with the 'No Problem, three day OK' looked amazed when I told him Í don't have any money left!' He looked at me with a puzzled and amazed look!  Ýou no have money?' I wonder just how far the assholes would have played the game if I truly had spent all my money before I left!  I doubt they accept Visa/Master card!!

So are you saying that you didn't notice this until you left Thailand? Is it possible that the guy made a mistake when you arrived? If this is the case calling them pricks is being unfair. You should always check the stamp before leaving immigration as any mistakes that are made are your problem.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived