IGNORED

need a return ticket? ( australia)

ace123

When i come on my short trips i always get told i need a return ticket booked at the airport etc

I want to stay in thailand 2-3 months but dont want to book my return ticket till i run out of money,

What do i do to stay here this length of time as a tourist.    Visa wise also

What I would do is to get the maximum time visa available in Aust and a return flight that corresponds to visa and be prepared to shell out a few bucks to change your flight.

buy the cheapest ticket out of Thailand and say that is where you are travelling to next. Check the budget airlines, I don't think it will cost you much especially if you don't pay to check in any luggage etc.

I have never been asked to show a return flight from Thailand on departing Australia. I have not had one to show them since 2006! That doesn't mean that it will not happen but if you have a visa you should be OK.

Best bet is to get a 60 day tourist visa before you leave home. This can be extended by 30 days giving you a total of 90 days.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

i have had 5 trips and never not been asked.  I must look like a over staying type lol

How much do the 60 day visa's cost

My last 2 trips I was required to produce a return ticket or proof of departure ticket in order to get a 60 day tourist visa from Aust. The visas were obtained thru a professional agency used by many travel agents. I think it was Toll. 

Consulate offices need a departure ticket before they issue a 60 day tourist visa, at least that's the case with me. You can always buy a cheap ticket & then once you have got the visa, reschedule it.

................................................................................................................

According to my information will be required not only a return ticket, but even confirmation of your accommodation. As well as demonstrating adequate amount of money.

This should be requiered by the new rules

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

If you have booked a return flight you are unlikely to be asked to prove that you have a return ticket as the airline will know this already at check-in.  If you have not booked a return ticket and have only say a 30 day visa the airline can be liable to return you to you home country if you get rejected on arrival, hence the need to have a return ticket or proof of an onward flight within the period of your visa.

I have traveled out of Australia on return tickets and never been asked, but anytime I have only a one-way ticket, or a return ticket with a return outside the valid visa period, I have always been asked for proof of further travel within the visa period.

I've travelled in and out of Thailand around 15 times and never been asked. I'd say more than half of these times I have traveled on a one-way ticket. If I was asked at immigration I would say that I might be travelling to two possible destinations and will book my outbound flight once I know which country I will travel to. If you have a credit card this shouldn't be a problem. 

It is usually airline policy to ask as if there is a problem and you don't get through immigration they are fined and have to fly you back home at their expense.

I'm not saying that there is no chance of a problem but I myself haven't had any or do I know of anybody being not allowed to enter.

Scoot (flyscoot.com) tickets to SIN are incredibly cheap.... just get one for the end of your visa and throw it away...

They will not ask about it if you are returning with them as they can see the booking.

On one occasion I was returning on a different airline and was asked by Qantas for a ticket - an onward ticket from Thailand it might have been. Anyway, they made it clear I would not be checked in without it and I had to go to the Internet kiosk near the counter and pay some ridiculous amount of money to access the Internet for 2 minutes and print out the ticket.

Now that I think about it, I can recall being asked several other times about it.

I would say that it is Qantas policy at least and you may well be asked.

Why not just give the airline call centre a ring? Tell us what they say.

i have had 5 trips and never not been asked.  I must look like a over staying type lol

How much do the 60 day visa's cost

$45.00.........

When I moved to Thailand, I got a 60 day * 3 visa from Aussie, then booked a flight before the 60 days to a local destination, about $60. Air Asia.

I never used this flight, but it got me my visa.

I always fly Jetstar from Melbourne one way, I look at roughly what date I will fly home and right down that flight number in case I am asked, But never been asked flying into Bangkok or Phuket. These new rules maybe they will ask. But I also think that if the previous stamps show you have done the right thing that does help.

But few people saying they have been asked to show return, have they all been on a 60 day?

Thanks 

Archived