Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Currency Exchange in London

philkrenshaw

I'll be visiting England for 3 weeks, arriving in London. I know there are countless currency exchanges in Thailand, but what about England? Here in the US if you try to exchange money in an airport you get an awful rate. Some banks might exchange but they don't advertise it. I almost always change money at my destination when I take a trip.

Should I exchange a large chunk when I arrive at Heathrow or just exchange a small amount there and use banks or currency exchanges in the city?

Would not change to much at LHR exchange rate sucks London has quite  a few exchange booths/shops much like Bangkok.

I would have a look around near where you plan to stay in London try a goggle search sure to find somewhere near by.

There are currency exchange booths all over the place in the centre of London.

If you see the words ,Weschel,Cambio it's a money exchange place.

Always check rates as they can vary wildly.

This is a UK consumer website. Will give you the best rates you can get with locations. Worthwhile if you are changing up a large amount only though. Most of the main places will have a presence at the major train stations in central London.

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/buy-back/

Thanks very much guys. You probably saved me a bunch of money at the airport.

Hello there

- There are plenty of currency exchange places in London m8

- Never change money at airports or hotels because they will gouge you with high fees and a poor exchange rate.(just a small amount)

- Check the rates at the ATM, there are some credit cards that don’t charge you any transaction fee, so consult your bank on this one.

- Check the rates  of the UK post office.(not bad)

My two pennies 55555

Hello there

- There are plenty of currency exchange places in London m8

- Never change money at airports or hotels because they will gouge you with high fees and a poor exchange rate.(just a small amount)

- Check the rates at the ATM, there are some credit cards that don’t charge you any transaction fee, so consult your bank on this one.

- Check the rates  of the UK post office.(not bad)

My two pennies 55555

You can change money at a post office in the UK? I would never have guessed. Thanks for the info.

Archived