IGNORED

Premiership League Football 2014/15

jocky king

I was well impressed with arsenal at the weekend,against a good everton side,they look a lot better than they did against palace.

Was hoping for better than a draw, but a point is a point. If they can stay healthy I truly think the Gunners have real potential this season.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was hoping for better than a draw, but a point is a point. If they can stay healthy I truly think the Gunners have real potential this season.

Agree , Arsenal , City and Chelsea will be the ones fighting it out for the title ,Liverpool ,Spurs and Everton fighting it out to be in the top four . United will be fighting it out to stay in the top half . Arsenal board has been great with Wenger , believes in him over the years and looks like they will get the reward .

Agree , Arsenal , City and Chelsea will be the ones fighting it out for the title ,Liverpool ,Spurs and Everton fighting it out to be in the top four . United will be fighting it out to stay in the top half . Arsenal board has been great with Wenger , believes in him over the years and looks like they will get the reward .

Arsenal will look good till about February & then do the usual fizzing out.

................................................................................................................

Whats everyones thoughts on this Di Maria to United Transfer?  64 Million!!!

For me I think it is crazy and buying for the sake of buying. I think United are in a flap at the moment.

I do not think adding Di Maria to the United first team will make United a stronger side. The attack consists of Mata, Rooney and RVP currently so is this really an area Man United need to streangthen?

If United have got 64 Million burning a hole in their pockets, SURELY it would be far more wise to spend that money on 2 quality defenders (Hummels is available for a price) or a cultured technical midfielder.  For 64 Million spent wisely on 2 or 3 players United could of solved a huge chunk of their current concerns. But spending it on an area of the pitch that is clearly not the problem is just maddness!

Only time will tell I guess.

I think Di Maria is a good signing and yes 64 million is too much but Madrid can pretty much ask what they want because they know Utd need him.

He only scored 4 goals in the league last season but created quite a bit for others , but he was playing with top quality players all around him and better players than him have come to the prem and struggled. Either way it all makes for what should be an excellent season with hopefully half a dozen teams in with a shout of champs lge places, I fear Chelsea may be too strong this season and will take some stopping for the title

For me I think it is crazy and buying for the sake of buying. I think United are in a flap at the moment.

I do not think adding Di Maria to the United first team will make United a stronger side. The attack consists of Mata, Rooney and RVP currently so is this really an area Man United need to streangthen?

If United have got 64 Million burning a hole in their pockets, SURELY it would be far more wise to spend that money on 2 quality defenders (Hummels is available for a price) or a cultured technical midfielder.  For 64 Million spent wisely on 2 or 3 players United could of solved a huge chunk of their current concerns. But spending it on an area of the pitch that is clearly not the problem is just maddness!

I would slightly disagree with your conclusions, yes Man U have Rooney, Mata & Van Persie, but did you see their game against Sunderland, it was pedestrian pace, injection of real pace is required to stretch defenders & Di Maria should provide that. They have already added Rojo in defense & should add a couple more before the window closes.

................................................................................................................

I would slightly disagree with your conclusions, yes Man U have Rooney, Mata & Van Persie, but did you see their game against Sunderland, it was pedestrian pace, injection of real pace is required to stretch defenders & Di Maria should provide that. They have already added Rojo in defense & should add a couple more before the window closes.

Yes I take your point Mick. I agree it was very pedestrian. But I believe the tempo will quicken over the duration of the season as the team gets used to the new system played by LVG. But the defense is very weak. Nowhere near the required standard expected by a club of United's status. Yes even with Rojo it is still weak. Smalling and Jones would realistically struggle to get in Manchester City's or Chelsea's 3rd team.

Also with players like Lampard going on free transfers why did Manchester United not try and get him on a 1 season contract. He is now sitting on the bench at City on loan. He would of been ideal to buy United some time. He is old but still a very fit good player and could of given that pass and creativity that United are seriously lacking. He is a Premire League vetren and no stranger to getting into the top 4. United are only playing once a week so there would of been no risk involved.

Just an idea. 

Watching Man. City v Liverpool.

Reckon Raheem Sterling does most if his training in a swimming pool.

On another note, I'm a Swans season ticket holder (well, my Mother is and I take her in her wheelchair!).

We'll do very well to finish halfway this year, despite good start. Right-hand side of defence is weak. Hope Argie defender is good!

Also lacking defensive midfield player when Britton is injured, as now.

Monk lacks the depth of knowledge to make crucial tactical decisions as manager.

Overall, just be happy to stay up.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Liverpool got a footballing lesson from Manchester City with a 3-1 loss . Liverpool does not look like a team wanting to win the premiership , City was too good. City joined Chelsea , Spurs and Swansea on the top .

im a united fan and i think paying 64 millon for da Maria is crazzzzy.

yes, he is a decent player but is pure madness.

they are panic buying. The need to streghten the spine if the team.

im a united fan and i think paying 64 millon for da Maria is crazzzzy.

yes, he is a decent player but is pure madness.

they are panic buying. The need to streghten the spine if the team.

I concur with you. but he will buy two more before transfer deadline, then LVG will have a team that win matches , he need time to pick right players , he is no fool.

don,t agree with you there jocky ,I thought Liverpool bossed the first half and where a bit unlucky with the run of the ball.city never looked like scoring till they where gifted the first goal,that change the world complexion of the game.

Arsenal will look good till about February & then do the usual fizzing out.

Hoping that's not the case, but now it looks as if Giroud is going to be out for something on the order of 3 months. That, plus rumors that we'll lose Podolski (not that he's a natural center-forward) have me thinking we're going to have to dip into the transfer market.

Worries.

Liverpool got a footballing lesson from Manchester City with a 3-1 loss . Liverpool does not look like a team wanting to win the premiership , City was too good. City joined Chelsea , Spurs and Swansea on the top .

I went the pub on Monday night to watch the game and actually thought that Liverpool played very well.  And in the first half in particular they looked the better team and really looked dangerous going forward.  They looked as if maybe they were lacking something in front of goal. 

10408999_10152719437495452_7121852088627

Its a good job the powers that be kept United away from City and Chelsea in the first few weeks of the season or it could have got messy

Its a good job the powers that be kept United away from City and Chelsea in the first few weeks of the season or it could have got messy

Just wait until 6 or 7 games in when they are still on less then 10 points and then they have a run of very tough games. Going to be funny seeing them near relegation at Christmas. Moyes back???

Just wait until 6 or 7 games in when they are still on less then 10 points and then they have a run of very tough games. Going to be funny seeing them near relegation at Christmas. Moyes back???

Ha ha very funny ... The best joke in the world ..

Ha ha very funny ... The best joke in the world ..

No the best joke is Man Ures defence

No the best joke is Man Ures defence

Ha ha very funny , best joke in the world ..

Everton 3-6 Chelsea

Wow that game was as mad as a box of frogs LOL! Jose must of been pulling his hair out. Fair play to Everton they refused to give up and i'll be very suprised if teams get more than a point from Goodison inc the big teams. A massive 3pts for us, we need a draw from White Harte Lane tomorrow and it will be the perfect weekend.

How refreshing to have a horrible piece of work upfront, since the ladyboy days have finished (Torres)Costa arrived! he caused Problems, scored and really pissed off their whole team. And how I loved it as a Chelsea fan!!

Today's game was a thriller

9 goals and sadly 6 of them conceded by Everton

Everton looked good going forward but were terrible in defence

Congratulations to Chelsea on there win

I went the game today and now I am going the pub to drown my sorrows....5555

Chelsea took a giant step on the leader table with a 6-3 win , they look an unbeatable team, the favourite to win the title this season. United only drew0-0 to a very determined Burnely and deserved a point , United yet win the league , will have to start next match with a three point win. Swansea kept going with another three point to share the lead with Chelsea , City lost at home to Stoke ,1-0 v Wilfried Zaha came back to Crystal Palace to earn a injury time draw. QPR wins a most needed three point against Sunderland .

Archived