Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa Stamp

lawson

Hi People, had a look in forum but cant see anything about this

My friend applyed and obtained 3 month visa. He is in Patts now. He has flown to other islands in Thailand but never left.

He just noticed now, the stamp in his passport has been stamped giving him less time on the departure date stamp.

does he have to leave earlier or is his 3 month still valid??

cheers

lawson

..........................Love your Thai neighbour..................................

...........If you been to Pattaya, you have visited Heaven .............

......................Mongering keeps the life in you.............................

May have to return to Immigration where he got the wrong stamp to get it corrected.

Plead ignorance upon departure. They will have the visa details in the computer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

Update.....This is what he just sent me...

They have said I need to go to the immigration office in Jontiem, where for 1900 Bt, they will re-stamp/ or correct it.. So I'll go tomoz and let you know the out come....
Seems a little silly paying £50 for a 3 month tourist visa in England then coming here and paying again £35 for a month more,,, Anyway I may have it wrong so I'll let you know what happens tomoz...

..........................Love your Thai neighbour..................................

......................Mongering keeps the life in you.............................

They have said I need to go to the immigration office in Jontiem, where for 1900 Bt, they will re-stamp/ or correct it.. So I'll go tomoz and let you know the out come....

Seems a little silly paying £50 for a 3 month tourist visa in England then coming here and paying again £35 for a month more,,, Anyway I may have it wrong so I'll let you know what happens tomoz...

They're giving you a new 30 day extension, which is 1900 Baht.

Update.....This is what he just sent me...

A 3 month tourist visa only gets you one 60 day entry.  If you want longer, you need to extend it at immigration before the 60 days is up.  If he has exceeded 60 days already, he'll be paying overstay fines ...  3 months refers to the time you have from the date of issue to actually using the visa.

A 3 month tourist visa only gets you one 60 day entry.  If you want longer, you need to extend it at immigration before the 60 days is up.  If he has exceeded 60 days already, he'll be paying overstay fines ...  3 months refers to the time you have from the date of issue to actually using the visa.

He only been there 3 weeks and not been out the country except flying from swampy to samui return, so no overstay issues. I think immigration at bkk fucked up but should find out more later and update

They're effectively giving you a new 30 day extension, which is 1900 Baht.

Others have returned to Suvarvabhumi and got it corrected for free, but it's a day of your holiday gone plus travel cost.

Moral of the tale, as has so often been told, pause as you leave Passport control and check your stamp.   :GoldenSmile1:

Dont think Thais have morals 55555 but agree what you said to check stamp

Dont think Thais have morals 55555 but agree what you said to check stamp

jibberlish..........

Tourists visas are good for a 60 day entry on arrival. No such thing as a 90 day Tourist visa.

They can be extended (for 1900 Baht) for an additional 30 days so some people may call them 90 day visas.

Tourists visas are good for a 60 day entry on arrival. No such thing as a 90 day Tourist visa.

They can be extended (for 1900 Baht) for an additional 30 days so some people may call them 90 day visas.

i dont know....only what he told me but looking at thai embassy web you can get 3 month

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/76

i dont know....only what he told me but looking at thai embassy web you can get 3 month

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/76

As already pointed out in Post #6 above:

"3 months refers to the time you have from the date of issue to actually using the visa".

Every time I enter the country I always have a close check of the stamp to see that it's correct, I've made numerous entries over the years but they have made a mistake once when they failed to notice I had a valid visa & re-entry and just stamped me for 30 days, so I was immediately back to the booth pointing out the visa. No problem, the guy adjusted the stamp there and then. I guess if I hadn't of picked it up until later it would have required a trip to immigration and some fee.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Archived