IGNORED

Korean Airways

iluvasians/latins

Less than 2 weeks away before wheels up. Flying Korean Airways from Houston/ Seoul/Bangkok. Cattle class. I noticed Korean Airways did not make Top 10 in Airline Awards. Thought they were good? Any insight on this airline? Heared flight attendants were easy on the eyes. Flight is fastest from Houston for duration, 22 hours.

Think they got some pretty stunning Air Hostess so nothing else matter does it?

They are a decent airline; they had some problems a few years ago with safety that seems to bave been cleared up.  Their planes are modern and economy should have a decent seat back TV.  Food will probably be Korean-themed which will be a huge improvement over what you normally have to put up with on the old United flight from Houston to Tokyo and Tokyo to Bangkok.  Seoul is a nice airport so not a bad place to spend a lay over.  Korean Air is also part of Skyteam, so if you are collecting miles, they are partners with Delta, Air France, and KLM as well as some other smaller carriers.

Before I moved here, Korean was the airline that I used most of the time because it was the quickest way to get here from Washington Dulles.  It was also nice landing in BKK at 9:00 at night because I could be in my condo by 11:00.  I thought they were an excellent airline and economy class was fairly comfortable.  The entertainment system was good, as well as the food.  Air Hostesses were definitely easy on the eyes.  On the flight to BKK they even have a couple of Thai air hostesses.  Safety has significantly improved due to the introduction of crew resource management as well as the the inclusion of western pilots on their routes.  The Seoul airport is really nice and modern as well.

Archived