IGNORED

The Balcony Restaurant on Soi Bukhao

Evil Penevil

Thanks for the great info I am on the ground now and will definitely give it a shot.

Was with a girl from Billabong two nights ago , and she refused to eat in the tin cup, the Devon shire , and kiss food,because having worked in these places too many cock roaches running over the plates etc, and cooks not washing their hands, or cleaning the cutlery properly, she also tore into some street vendors too,and ate only from those that kept their stuff covered up.

She said Robins nest was very clean and sprayed regularly, and the Hilton was very clean also, so I am just saying ,she or I have no agenda.

Once again great review cheers.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the great info I am on the ground now and will definitely give it a shot.

Was with a girl from billabong two nights ago , and she refused to eat in the tin cup, the Devon shire , and kiss food,because having worked in these places too many cock roaches running over the plates etc, and cooks not washing their hands, or cleaning the cutlery properly, she also tore into some street vendors too,and ate only from those that kept their stuff covered up.

She said Robins nest was very clean and sprayed regularly, and the Hilton was very clean also, so I am just saying ,she or I have no agenda.

Once again great review cheers.

She seems like one girl I would avoid-if any lady dictates where she will eat or not I would tell her to eat alone or find another mug :SoWhat1:

Been on the ground four days now, had a meal there with a TG, was ok, had breakfast there by myself this morning, also ok. The atmosphere is pleasant the staff are friendly, food come quickly, can't fault it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the info, Evil. I usually eat breakfast in the Balcony restaurant and I just got back from it. There's a good Norway breakfast. It's pretty quiet here, but I love to eat and watch the passers-by on the street. They have an international and Thai food, with a good selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Very friendly staff.

Best regards

muhara

• 4 months later...

I.ts new to Pattaya and has been open a couple of months, due to it being the lowest of low seasons it has struggled to attract customers even though they are offering a 10% reduction in prices plus a free glass of wine with any steak meal- :hello09:

As of today CLOSED and up for sale...........I cannot get my head round someone opening any business in this area (soi Bukhaow) and not doing their homework regarding prices and being competative..........another one bites the dust :SoWhat1:

I am not suprised of Closing news 

I ate everyday there in my 2014 trip after evil made the review

My last trip was last month and I only ate 1 time because the thai dish I always eat there was very bad taste...I stop going after this

I think they changed the cook after last year and everything went downhill

It seemed fairly busy for the 2 months when I was there.

Lets face it, there are just too many bars restaurants, massage shops etc in pattaya.

As of today CLOSED and up for sale...........I cannot get my head round someone opening any business in this area (soi Bukhaow) and not doing their homework regarding prices and being competative..........another one bites the dust :SoWhat1:

Are you saying it couldn't compete with the tin cup & the likes   :WinkGrin1:

................................................................................................................

Are you saying it couldn't compete with the tin cup & the likes   :WinkGrin1:

the balcony s prices were quite high. Most thai dishes were in the 120-150 range.

I avoided the tin cup last year due to a very bad cook. All my favorites tasted very off. Their current cook is better and the Tom Yum Seafood is back to previous standards. I thought about walking across the stree to The Balcony but saw it empty. I try to avoid empty restaurants that I never eat at. Rule of thumb in Asia. You get the old meat.

I have seen that location chane fro, kereoke bar to tourist and beauty products store and now the restaurant. Maybe a gogo next followed my a massage parlor and lastly a 7-11. The circle of life.

funny tale with the guy who draws the pattaya cartoons.

he went in there and had whatever, but he had checked the price on his way in on the outside sign.

when the bill arrived it was more, not a great deal more than he had remembered.

anyway he said nothing and paid up.

on leaving he discovered they had altered all the signs outside while he had been eating  with new increased prices!!!

i told him it was clearly his (ie the falangs) fault.

next time eat faster

sad to see this place close. It was thanks to Evils review that I found the place. I liked it but most times I was there I was the only customer

What a shame.I frequented this place on a daily basis and was very happy with it.Their breakfast was one of the better ones and they had proper coffee also and nice staff.

sad to see this place close. It was thanks to Evils review that I found the place. I liked it but most times I was there I was the only customer

Evil,s review..............kiss of death :LOL2: I allways judge a place by bums on seats ...no bums no good IMHO :hello09:

I thought it was strange they never bothered to replace the old shops signage "44 shop" as seen in Stridermans photos. It was basically hidden back there if it hadn't been for this thread I would never have known what it was called. How much can a sign cost??

I thought it was strange they never bothered to replace the old shops signage "44 shop" as seen in Stridermans photos. It was basically hidden back there if it hadn't been for this thread I would never have known what it was called. How much can a sign cost??

i wondered about that too.

15 mins ago as i came by there were 2 falangs inspecting the place, shutter up etc etc.

watch this space for developments !!!

• 2 weeks later...

What a shame

I ate there 2 or 3 times last trip and enjoyed the food very much.

Looks like I am looking for another place for a few nights next trip

Archived