Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Taking antibiotics just to be safe?

smithzac91

Almost all health problems cure themselves if you except use and eat a reasonable healthy diet.

Stop worrying.

Never heard of gonorrhea or chlamydia curing themselves, and I think I'd prefer antibiotics to carrots & celery if I was pissing razor blades... :GoldenSmile1:

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

All you guys talking about abusing antibiotics and developing antibiotic resistant strains, yes you are correct but what you are warning against is antibiotic abuse..repeatedly and unnecessarily taking antibiotics. What the OP is talking about, and what I was talking about at post #16, is a one-time dose at the end of a Pattaya holiday so he doesn't bring a drip home to his missis. There's no harm in taking a one-time dose once a year or once every 2-3 years. 

Yes it may be a one time dose (not over one day though) but unfortunately it adds to the problem.

Please read this page

http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/eaad/antibiotics-get-informed/key-messages/Pages/self-medication-general-public.aspx

I'd say the Fox is sensible here.

Of course antibiotics aren't good for you, and the main concern (actual risk) is from shorting the cycle (not taking the full regimen) thus training the remaining bacteria.

If you take a full cycle once a year, big deal. Best is of course actually knowing if and what you have beforehand. Up to you.

BTW, it's not like docs in the west don't prescribe pills like their lives depend on it....

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Yes it may be a one time dose (not over one day though) but unfortunately it adds to the problem.

Please read this page

http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/eaad/antibiotics-get-informed/key-messages/Pages/self-medication-general-public.aspx

The 2nd line confirms exactly what I've been saying: "If we take antibiotics repeatedly and improperly, we contribute to the increase in antibiotic-resistant bacteria..." Absolutely correct.

But this thread is not about repeated use of antibiotics, it's about OP asking about a one time dose to make sure he doesn't give his wife a clap. Going on at him about abusing antibiotics and developing resistant bacteria, is like warning a man who drinks a couple glasses of wine once a year on his birthday about cirrhosis of the liver.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

the replies are also advocating self medication, to be simple, wear a fucking rubber so no antibiotics required 

No antibiotics will cure HIV

What planet do you live on, bring HIV back to your wife is not cool.

So many of my mates over the years, take Zythromax as a precaution- absolutely insane, that stuff is very harsh. They dont realize it clears out the good bacteria in the body too- Can take a while to re-build....Already been said - only take antibiotics if theres a need to take- don't take as a precaution ! 

• 1 month later...

I had over a hundred women there...condoms are not 100%..I had a few break(but nothing happened from that)..but I caught only a couple of things through it all...It  was not serious.. out of all those women I only caught two things...one was scabies..the other was some kind of pimple virus. both easily cured without antibiotics. Unless you are ass fucking without condom, you do not really have that much to worry about.  Find out the best broad spectrum antibiotic, which is probaby Zpac, keep it on hand. Don't take it unless you get symptoms. Like others said, you don't need to take that if you have no symptoms.

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/&clickLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/10.jpg&text=Pattaya%20%26%20BKK&untilColor=16777215&textColor=16711680&datesColor=0&year=2016&month=0&day=25&hour=10&minute=45&second=0&x=72&y=91" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/">CountdownClockCodes.com</a></small></center>

Almost all health problems cure themselves if you except use and eat a reasonable healthy diet.

Stop worrying.

What a load of total bollox.

JDM 

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

The 2nd line confirms exactly what I've been saying: "If we take antibiotics repeatedly and improperly, we contribute to the increase in antibiotic-resistant bacteria..." Absolutely correct.

But this thread is not about repeated use of antibiotics, it's about OP asking about a one time dose to make sure he doesn't give his wife a clap. Going on at him about abusing antibiotics and developing resistant bacteria, is like warning a man who drinks a couple glasses of wine once a year on his birthday about cirrhosis of the liver.

Good post Spot on.

JDM

I noticed you never highlighted the word almost

My post was referring to your claim that All health problems and be cured by healthy diet.

Not the amount that you claimed it would cure however to say almost, and most guys would agree almost to mean around 90% Is also wrong.

I would say 10% of Medical conditions are due to bad diet and nutrition.

Full Definition of ALMOST
:  very nearly but not exactly or entirely

I stand by my response.

JDM 

the replies are also advocating self medication, to be simple, wear a fucking rubber so no antibiotics required 

No antibiotics will cure HIV

What planet do you live on, bring HIV back to your wife is not cool.

Nor will they 'cure' herpes... 

You won't know if you have it until you get an outbreak...

Hope you've squirreled away some $$ for the impending divorce...

Stop worrying.

Hehehe.... I'm not sure if my sarcasm detector is failing me here, but I can certainly think of a few things that won't resolve themselves through healthy living and diet alone.

I take every reasonable precaution whether at home or, on the punt. I don't take unnecessary risks by my own, personal definition. For me, that extends to not taking antibiotics unless I absolutely need to, because if and when I do need them, I want them to be as effective as possible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/11/03/sorry-folks-antibiotic-resistant-gonorrhea-is-getting-worse/

From what I have read, the Japanese working girls were doing the same thing the OP spoke of - using antibiotics instead of safe sex practices - and STD's have mutated to become resistant to antibiotics. In fact a lot of bacterial infections, not just sexually transmitted ones, are resistant to antibiotics. MRSA is a prime example of this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methicillin-resistant_Staphylococcus_aureus

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure doesn't really apply in this scenario.

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

the justification for the west controlling antibiotics with prescriptions .. its to keep them away from the stupid ..

make more profits..more like it!

I once read that the following oral drug regime has been recommended for preventative treatment purposes for rape victims by the WHO. Cefixime 400mg orally single dose, Azithromycin 2g orally as a single dose and oral Metronidazole 2g orally single dose.

The idea is that it covers against as broad a range of bacterial STD's as possible orally. It's a powerful combination that is quite likely to cause side effects, bad stomachs, maybe thrush type infections and I know for certain that Metronidazole is one antibiotic that really shouldn't be taken with alcohol. Of course it is also totally ineffective against viruses.

Personally I keep one dose of this combination handy in case the condoms were ineffective (I have known it to happen). I can understand that there might be reasons why people might prefer to treat the problem themselves rather than have it going into their medical record, especially the infection can be easily cured.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Boosting your immune system can't do any harm.

A multivitamin, like Beroca daily + high dose of Vit C + high dose Zinc( also good for healthy reproductive organs) + selenium.

This should be standard minimum supplementation for anyone.

If you still get a nasty infection or URT which are VERY COMMON, then a stat dose of Zithromax is okay.

Agreed, the reason why we have antibiotic resistant disease strains is that doctors previously prescribed them for any illness so the diseases mutated.

Wrong - there is a risk of developing antibiotic resistant bacteria when people stop taking antibiotics too early, after they start a regimen.

Many people stop taking antibiotics once they 'feel better', instead of finishing the complete 5 or 10 day regimen. They feel better because the majority of bacteria were wiped out from the initial dosage, but a small number of stronger bacteria (for lack of a better term) are left behind. Stopping the regimen can allow these bacteria to gain a foothold.

Hence why it is necessary to fully complete any given regimen of antibiotics - this if you decide to prophylactically take antibiotics at the end of your vacation, you NEED to take them for the entire course.

Hence, it might be better to just take it throughout your trip, or 10 days before you head home.

Please be aware of potential side-effects, like sun and light sensitivity, or the risk of skin rashes when exposed to the sun (particularly so with cipro) or digestive sensitivities (like with amoxicillin).

For what the OP is looking to do, amoxicillin is a good enough broad spectrum antibiotic to clear him up.

one myth about anti biotics is that their efficacy is 24months...more like 72.

Excuse me?

would be very funny if he went back "clean" and then got a dose from the wife!!

I have no idea either what he is trying to say.

Archived