IGNORED

Taking antibiotics just to be safe?

smithzac91

Am I being paranoid or does anyone else think like me?  I am married and I don't want to bring anything home that is easily curable.  I know some STD's show up a few days or weeks after catching them.  Does anyone who goes to Pattaya take antibiotics just to be safe before they return home?  Would the doctors there even prescribe them (if that's necessary) with the patient not having any symptoms?  I just don't want to come home with the clap or something else that is easily curable when it may be wise just to take the meds to be on the safe side. 

You should NEVER take antibiotics exept when absolutely needed, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic_resistance
Fuck as much as you want,  wear condom and eat your Tylanol, that's it. no other self medication

If you take antibiotics when you do not need them, they may not work when you do need them.

I hear you, mate. Many guys are taking antibiotics "just in case", against all advise which is repeated again and again here and everywhere else. This is an extremely bad and dangerous practice but helped by some common antibiotics being available freely over the counter over there. Prescription drugs will not be handed out willy nilly, no, not "even" in Thailand.

I'd like to very strongly discourage you (and anyone else) from doing this. You will (yes, you will) be helping to develop even more resistancies; and if you were infected you quite possibly make it worse by treating your infection with the wrong drug and not until it's completely gone, thereby feeling a false security as symptoms might not express themselves strongly enough wile popping the pills and you might be infecting your wife nevertheless.

And in the end, what do you want to cure, anyway? If you don't know what you might(!) have you wouldn't know what to pop, would you. It's not that "an antibiotic" cures any STD. There are viruses, fungi, gram pos. and gram neg. bacteria and all needing different treatment. Some can't even be tested for properly and others we don't even know i.e. the "unknown unknowns".

So, play it safe, bag up, wash up, keep a keen eye on the girl's overall appearance and the rest really is just the risk of engaging in these activities. I have the same problem and go to Patts only when my wife is away as well and I know she will return a week or two after I came back, giving me some time to check for syptoms when back home; or I extend my holiday for another few days/a week at some monger-free location.

I'm joining in with this...

You can NOT be taking antibiotics before any symptoms develop.

Wear a condom.

And less of the overthinking.

my wife or his?

Mine's a doc so she thinks the same as I do :Buddy1:.

We're good like that :GoldenSmile1:

the justification for the west controlling antibiotics with prescriptions .. its to keep them away from the stupid ..

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Thanks.  Just trying to play it safe.  That's all.

Stop worrying too much pal.

Just relax...you will be fine.

You should NEVER take antibiotics exept when absolutely needed, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic_resistance

Fuck as much as you want,  wear condom and eat your Tylanol, that's it. no other self medication

Yes, but unfortunately it seems like sound advice like this is on deaf ears for quite a few blokes in Pattaya.

Popping powerful drugs and antibiotics like candy and self medicating.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

i dont think they cure guilt, so no, they wont help.

There are loads of retards on here who take drugs 'just in case', then they whine like fuck when they don't work when they really need them too.

I have fucked 100's of TG and never caught anything, not once. I should add that I have never BB in Thailand either.

Don't take them unless you need them. If u are going for a 2 weeks trip just cover up as much as you can . Then 2-3 days before you trip end go get a blood test. I know it's not 100% safe even if the blood test comes all clear . But it does help IMO.... I try to stick with one LT for my last week or so to keep it safer. ( again you can't be 100% sure u ain't going st ). I'm

In the same boat as you . I also had that nightmare happen to me.. But a mongers got to do what a monger got to do .

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

IMO the reactions here are over the top. OP is talking about taking 1 dose broad spec' anti-bi to flush any bad bacteria from his urinary system. He's not talking about prolonged or repeated use. What most of you guys have said here applies to the guys who BB and then drop a Z-pack and keep doing that regularly.

To answer OPs question. Yes, you can visit many Pattaya clinics, I recommend Bua Khao clinic, tell them you are soon returning home to your wife and want to flush out just in case. They'll give you some pills specifically for this. They won't have any effect at all on any viral infections but they will knock out any bacterial infections that may be developing.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Gobby and Sly Fox - Thanks for the reasonable answers.  That sounds like the direction to go in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There are loads of retards on here who take drugs 'just in case', then they whine like fuck when they don't work when they really need them too.

I have fucked 100's of TG and never caught anything, not once. I should add that I have never BB in Thailand either.

But what about other sexually transmitted infections occurring from kissing or even cunnilingus ?

Kissing the girls l buy a small bottle of Listerine from a 7/11. Then into the men's room to wash my mouth out. Just like the girls do. Short time I have very small bottle of hydrogen peroxide to pour all over my junk. Wear a condom if you are married. I have lived here 18 months and had countless number of contacts with girls and so far so good. Antibiotics no work virus. Dont forget about TB and hepatitis.

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk

If you take antibiotics when you do not need them, they may not work when you do need them.

I'm joining in with this...

You can NOT be taking antibiotics before any symptoms develop.

Wear a condom.

And less of the overthinking.

Agreed, the reason why we have antibiotic resistant disease strains is that doctors previously prescribed them for any illness so the diseases mutated.

My friend is an Orthopedic surgeon who moved to Australia but before he was allowed to operate on anyone he had to be tested for antibiotic resistant bacteria.

If anyone takes antibiotics prior to needing them, they are an uneducated fool.

In Pattaya you have access to antibiotics that we don't get easily in the West so if shit goes down, you can get it sorted quickly. 

The Bangkok Pattaya can look after you.

IMO the reactions here are over the top. OP is talking about taking 1 dose broad spec' anti-bi to flush any bad bacteria from his urinary system. He's not talking about prolonged or repeated use. What most of you guys have said here applies to the guys who BB and then drop a Z-pack and keep doing that regularly.

To answer OPs question. Yes, you can visit many Pattaya clinics, I recommend Bua Khao clinic, tell them you are soon returning home to your wife and want to flush out just in case. They'll give you some pills specifically for this. They won't have any effect at all on any viral infections but they will knock out any bacterial infections that may be developing.

+1...Cove up to be safe. The 'Z-Pack' taken on your last 5 days should make you safe but it won't stop warts or virus infection. Good Luck, don't let it ruin your fun.

All you guys talking about abusing antibiotics and developing antibiotic resistant strains, yes you are correct but what you are warning against is antibiotic abuse..repeatedly and unnecessarily taking antibiotics. What the OP is talking about, and what I was talking about at post #16, is a one-time dose at the end of a Pattaya holiday so he doesn't bring a drip home to his missis. There's no harm in taking a one-time dose once a year or once every 2-3 years. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

+1...Cove up to be safe. The 'Z-Pack' taken on your last 5 days should make you safe but it won't stop warts or virus infection. Good Luck, don't let it ruin your fun.

Azithromycin alone is indicated for hardly anything these days.

Archived