IGNORED

Should I bring Supplements on Holiday

lookinglooking

Hi all,

I'm travelling to Thailand soon for a month. I've been on a strict mealplan from my gym the last six months and I'm wondering should I bother bringing all the associated supplements with me? I don't want to be carrying them around for a month if not really necessary.

Supplements include whey protein isolate, green shake powder and various vitamins / tablets.

My main concern is will I lose my muscle and fitness gains over a month without these supplements? I plan on doing some workouts and runs over the month.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

There are several stores that sell this kind of stuff. Personally the only thing I buy is electrolyte powder.

A case in Canada, (25) pack costs in the $20 range, in pattaya, it is $3.

Needless to say I don't bring it with me anymore.

For sure bring them.

I always bring supplements but more so pills, from specific brands I like.

These include vitamins, test booster, etc.

Great thing is, most bottles are month supply so just bring one month's supply and when you come back you don't have to worry about packing them.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I always bring a multi vitamin, l-arginine, creatine, and zinc as they are easy to pack and take up minimal room for my 2-3 week trips. I think hauling a months worth of whey protein would be a pain in the ass and you would be better off just grabbing some once in town.

Yes, I always bring supplements as well. For 3-4 weeks I bring 2-3kgs of whey, multivitamin and omega 3. That stuff is way more expensive in Thailand, especially the vitamins. 

Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided that I'll bring the vitamins and other supplements. I'm still undecided about the 1kg bag of whey but will see how heavy the suitcase is after I've packed everything else.

Will take QuotaMan's advice and bring 30 day supply of all vitamins etc so won't have to bring them home! Thanks!

Just over a week until the trip so can't wait! :-)

Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided that I'll bring the vitamins and other supplements. I'm still undecided about the 1kg bag of whey but will see how heavy the suitcase is after I've packed everything else.

Will take QuotaMan's advice and bring 30 day supply of all vitamins etc so won't have to bring them home! Thanks!

Just over a week until the trip so can't wait! :-)

Just to confuse you lol...

You are probably planning to do this the wrong way round TBH...

Vitamin tablets can be picked up cheaply in Boots or other drugstores in Pattaya.

Whereas whey protein is highly expensive in LOS.

I used to bring an ample supply of bear schlong powder and shark fin powder - and all the other magic herbs that are supposed to make your manMEAT stand at TEN_HUT status for long periods of time... now I just let my strappedToMyThigh OneEyedTrouserPython get to whatEVER state he feels like being in... sometimes I am HERCULES, and other times I am a freakN limpDick wimp... I pay it no never mind... And the girls think it is a challenge - like that saying - pushing a rope... I think I need to change my PA name to LimpDickMcGurk or something similar... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Just packed my vitamins and protein powder. Landing Friday

Only bringing 34 scoops in a sealed bag. 2 scoops a day.

Cool, thanks Westie. Protein powder going in along with 30 of each vitamins. Do you usually declare protein etc to customs as food? Or skip through the green channel and hope for the best?

Cool, thanks Westie. Protein powder going in along with 30 of each vitamins. Do you usually declare protein etc to customs as food? Or skip through the green channel and hope for the best?

Skip it. Thai customs dont care about food/supplements.

Skip it. Thai customs dont care about food/supplements.

Cool, thanks :-)

I always pack plenty of Cliff Bars, Power Gels, Cytomax, and vitamins for my 2 month trips.

In my opinion staying off these supplements for one month won't affect your results in the long run. Training, rest and proper nutrition (food) goes a long way. I brought a bag of whey here because it is a lot cheaper in Sweden than in Thailand. Just make sure all the containers are factory sealed and there is info on them written in english to avoid problems at the customs. Never heard of anyone having trouble bringing in legal supplements though.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion staying off these supplements for one month won't affect your results in the long run. Training, rest and proper nutrition (food) goes a long way. I brought a bag of whey here because it is a lot cheaper in Sweden than in Thailand. Just make sure all the containers are factory sealed and there is info on them written in english to avoid problems at the customs. Never heard of anyone having trouble bringing in legal supplements though.

Thanks. I ended up bringing whey protein and vitamins but left everything else at home. I would agree that training (going to try a mix of running and gym), rest days and good nutrition (this should be easy enough as my mealplan contains a lot of rice and chicken) will go along way. People have suggested taking the month off exercise but I think its good to keep to a routine that keeps me refreshed and happy! I'm transiting to Bangkok at the moment so will update if I encounter any problems with whey protein in my luggage

ede9e6aj.jpg No problems with customs![emoji1]

Archived